Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Dakota Minnesota & Eastern RR

545, "City of Mansfield", SD10, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1953, #18307, FN 6516-2, as Chicago Milwaukee St. Paul & Pacific 2221, Class 15E-RS6, a SD7. It was renumbered 521 in 1959 and rebuilt at West Milwaukee in November 1974 as 545, Class 18E-RS6. It was assigned Soo Line 6104 in 1985, but was not renumbered before it was sold to DM&E on September 5, 1986. It was sold to Indiana Rail Road as 545 in June 1999.  It was renumbered 2000 and sold as Diesel Locomotive Co 2000 in September 2005.

548, "City of Lake Preston", SD10, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1952, #15615, FN 5139-5 as CMStP&P 2203, Class 15E-RS6, and SD7. It was renumbered 503 in 1959 and rebuilt at West Milwaukee in March 1974 as 548, Class 18E-RS6. It was assigned Soo Line 6107, but was not renumbered before it was sold to DM&E as 548, "City of Lake Preston", on September 5, 1986.

549, "City of Harrold", SD10, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1952, #15622, FN 5201-2, as CMStP&P 2210, Class 15E-RS6.  It was renumbered 510 in 1959 and rebuilt in April 1974 as 549, Class 15E-RS6.  It was assigned Soo Line 6108 in 1985 but was not renumbered before it was sold to DM&E as 549 "City of Watertown" on September 5, 1986.  The name was changed as "City of Harrold" and sold to INRD as 549 in December 1997.  It was sold as DTE Rail Services 549 in 2006.

550, "Larry Pressler", SD10, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1953, #18303, FN 5274-3, as CMStP&P 2217, Class 15E-RS6. It was renumbered 517 in 1959 and rebuilt in April 1974 as 550, Class 18E-RS6. It was assigned Soo Line 6109 in 1985, but it was not renumbered before it was sold to DM&E on September 5, 1986. It was sold to INRD as 550 in December 1997.

553, SD10, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1952, #15617, FN 5139-6, as CMStP&P 2205, Class 15E-RS6. It was renumbered 505 in 1959 and rebuilt in July 1974 as 553, Class 18E-RS6. It was assigned Soo Line 6112 in 1985, but it was not renumbered before it was sold to DM&E on September 5, 1986.

555, "City of Blunt", SD10, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1952, #15623 FN 5201-3, as CMStP&P 2211, Class 15E-RS6. It was renumbered 511 in 1959 and rebuilt in October 1974 as 555, Class 18E-RS6. It was assigned Soo Line 6114 in 1985, but it was not renumbered before it was sold to DM&E on September 5, 1986. It was sold to INRD as 555 in December 1997 and sold as Wilmer Rail Services 555 in 2005.

556, SD10, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1952, #15614, FN 5139-3, as CMStP&P 2202, Class 15E-RS6. It was renumbered 502 in 1959 and rebuilt in September 1974 as 556, Class 18E-RS6. It was assigned Soo Line 6115 in 1985, but it was not renumbered before it was sold to DM&E on September 5, 1986.

558, "City of Huron", SD10, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1952, #15620, FN 5139-9, as CMStP&P 2208, Class 15E-RS6. It was renumbered 508 in 1959 and rebuilt in August 1974 as 558, Class 18E-RS6. It was assigned Soo Line 6117 in 1985, but it was not renumbered before it was sold to DM&E on September 5, 1986. It was sold to INRD as 558 in December 1997 and to Debruce Grain Inc as DBGX 558 in December 2003.

559, "City of Byron", SD10, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1952, #15612, FN 5139-1, as CMStP&P 2200, Class 15E-RS6.  It was renumbered 500 in 1959 and rebuilt at West Milwaukee in July 1974 as 559,  Class 18E-RS6.  It was assigned Soo Line 6118, but was not renumbered before it was sold to DM&E as 559 "City of Byron" on September 5, 1986.  It was sold to INRD as 559 in December 1997.  It was renumbered 2001 and sold to Debruce Grain Inc as DBGX 2001 in December 2003.

560, "City  of Miller". SD10, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1952, #16943, FN 5144-3, as CMStP&P 2214, Class 15E-RS6. It was renumbered 514 in 1959 and then rebuilt at Milwaukee in May 1974 as 560, Class 18E-RS6. It became Soo Line 560 in 1986 as 6119 but not changed to 560. It was sold on June 5, 1986, to DM&E 560 "City of Miller" and later to INRD as 560 in January 1998.  It was sold as Wilmer 560 in 2005.

1471, "City of Watertown", GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1959, #25079, FN 5592-7, as New York Chicago & St Louis 801, Class ERS-17G.  In 1965 it became Norfolk & Western 2801 and was renumbered 1471 in 1983.  It was retired on April 1985 and traded in to General Electric on April 5, 1985.  It was sold as DM&E 1471 "City of Watertown" on October 10, 1986, and sold as Minnesota Northern RR 1471 in August 1998.  It was transferred as Huron & Eastern 1721 in May 2013.

1484, "City of Tracy", GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1959, #25092, FN 5592-20, as NYC&StL 814, Class ERS-17G. In 1965 it became N&W 2814. It was renumbered 1484 in 1983 and sold to General Electric on April 5, 1985. It was acquired by DM&E as 1474 "City of Tracy" on October 10, 1986, and was later sold to Taylor Machine Works. It was sold as MNRR 1484.

3800, "City of Owatonna", GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1969, #34754, FN 7154-3, as Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines 2007, Class EF-20.  It became Penn Central 2007, Class EF-20, and became Consolidated Railroad Corp 7667, Class GP-38.  It was sold as Eureka Southern RR 30 in 1984 and sold to DM&E as 3800 in 1993.

3801, "City of Midland", GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1969, #34755, FN 7154-5, as PRSL 2008, Class EF-20.  It became PC 2008, Class EF-20, and became Conrail 7668, Class GP-38.  It was sold as EUKA 31 in 1984 and sold to DM&E as 3801 in 1993.

3830, "City of Meriden", GP38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1967, #32865, FN 5723-6, as Illinois Central 3045, a GP40. It later became Illinois Central Gulf 3045. It was sold to Kansas City Southern as 781 in April 1982. In 1991 it was traded to Morrison Knudsen who rebuilt it as GP38-3 in 1996 and sold it to DM&E as 3830 in September 1996. It was wrecked in May 1999 and rebuilt by Boise Locomotive in October 1999.

3831, "City of Cavour", GP38M-3, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1968, #34307, FN 7127-26, as Penn Central  3130, Class EF-30  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 3130, Class GP-40, in April 1976, and sold as Kansas City Southern 760 in September 1983.  It was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen on August 22, 1996 as Dakota Minnesota & Eastern 3831, GP38M-3, and sold as Rapid City Pierre & Eastern 2086 in October 2014.

3835, "City of Tyler", GP38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1968, #34342, FN 7127-61, as PC 3165, Class EF-30. It became Conrail 3165, Class GP-40, in April 1976 and sold as Conrail Leasing Co 3165.  It later was sold as Arkansas & Missouri as 62 and then was sold to Kyle RR as 3112. It was later sold to Helm as 3112 and was rebuilt as Boise in October 1996. It then was sold as DM&E 3835 on October 4, 1996.

4002, "City of New Richland", GP40u, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1970, #36398, FN 7263-13, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 4712,  It became Union Pacific 643 on April 29, 1980, and retired on August 21, 1991,  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co on October 9, 1991, and sold to DM&E as 4002 "City of New Richland" in September 1994.

4004, "City of Dodge Center", GP40u, was built by Electro-Motive on December 1966, #32590, FN 7942-3, as CRI&P 364. It became UP 622 on April 7, 1980, and later Missouri Pacific 622 on March 11, 1985. It was retired October 9, 1992, and became NRE on March 17, 1993. It became DM&E 4004 on September 1994.

4005, "Larry Pressler", GP40u, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1970, #36386, FN 7263-1, as CRI&P 4700. It became UP 631 in June 1983 and later MP 631 in November 9, 1989. It was retired October 8, 1992, and became NRE in March 17, 1993. It later became DM&E 4005 "City of Fort Pierre" in September 1994 and rebuilt in 1999 as 4005 "Larry Pressler".

4006, "City of Balaton", GP40u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1966, #30996, FN 7842-2, as Denver & Rio Grande Western 3052, Class DE B-B 58.  It was reclassified as EF430D-1 and retired in April 1996.  It was sold National Railway Equipment Co and sold as DM&E 4006 in September 1997.  It was rebuilt on June 29, 1997, as GP40-3.

6056 "City of Eyota", SD40, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1970, #36810, FN 7282-02, as Louisville & Nashville 1240, Class SD-40.  It became Seaboard System RR 8316 and later CSX Transportation 8316, Class SD-40.  It was sold as National Railway Equipment Co  8316 and sold to Morrison Knudsen Corp as MKCX 9416.  It was leased as DM&E 6056 "City of Eyota" on June 25, 1997, and rebuilt by Alstom in 2000 to First Union Rail as FURX 3016, SD40-2.

6057 "City of Miller", SD40, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1970, #36816, FN 7282-8, as L&N 1246, Class SD-40.  It became SBD 8322 and later CSX 8322, Class SD-40.  It was sold as NRE 8322 and sold as MKCX 9417.  It was leased as DM&E 6057 "City of Miller" on June 25, 1997, and rebuilt by Alstom in 2000 as FURX 3008, SD40-2.

6060, "City of Huron", SD40u, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1966, #32097, FN 7912-6, as Chicago Great Western 406. In 1968 it became Chicago & North Western 926 and was sold to National Ry Equipment Co as 926 in November 1991. It was later sold to Morrison Knudsen as 9402 and then to Helm Leasing as 5050. In August 1997 it became DM&E 6060. It was later rebuilt as FURX 3014.

6064, SD40u, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1970, #36916, FN 7290-21, as Penn Central 6260, Class EF-30A.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 6260, Class SD-40, in April 1976 and transferred as Conrail Leasing Co 611.  It was sold as Helm Leasing 5029 and leased as DM&E 6064.  It was rebuilt by Alstom in 2000 as FURX 3009.

6065, SD40u, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1970, #36917, FN 7290-22, as PC 6261, Class EF-30A.  It became Conrail 6261, Class SD-60, in April 1976 and transferred as Conrail Leasing 812.  It was sold as HLCX 5030 and leased as DM&E 6065.  It was rebuilt by Alstom in 2000 as FURX 3023.

6066, SD40a, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1970, #36920, FN 7290-25, as PC 6264, Class EF-30A.  It became Conrail 6264, Class SD-40, in April 1976 and transferred as Conrail Leasing 814.  It was sold as HLCX 5031 and leased as DM&E 6066.  It was rebuilt by Alstom in 2000 as FURX 3018.

6074, SD40-3, was built by General Motors in February 1967, #A2194 FN C318-18, as Canadian Pacific 5549, Class DRF-30b, SD40.  It was rebuilt and sold as DM&E 6074 on June 22, 1999.

6076, SD40-3, was built by General Motors in April 1967, #A2202, FN C318-26, as CP 5557, Class DRS-30b.  It was rebuilt and sold as DM&E 6076 in 1999.  It was sold to Watco as WAMX 4206 In 2014.

6085, SD40-3, was built by General Motors in June 1971, #A2543, FN C339-1, as Quebec North Shore & Labrador 206, SD40.  It was sold as CP 5402, Class DRF-30x, in 1985.  It was rebuilt and sold as DM&E 6085 on October 24, 1999.

6086, SD40-3, was built by General Motors in June 1971, #A2544, FN C339-2, as QNS&L 207, Class DRS30. SD40.  It was sold as CP 5403 in1985.  It was rebuilt and sold as DM&E 6086 on October 24, 1999.

6095, SD40-3, was built by General Motors in April 1967, #A2201, FN C318-25, as CP 5556, Class DRF-30b, SD40.  It was rebuilt and sold as DM&E 6095, in 2000.

6096, SD40-3, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1969, #34778, FN 7159-4, as Baltimore & Ohio 7500, Class SD-40.  It was returned to General American Transportation on May 29, 1984, and sold as Morrison-Knudsen Corp 7500 in July 1984.  It was sold as Soo Line 6411 in February 1988 and transfered as Canadian Pacific 6411 in April 1994.  It was rebuilt at Ogden as SD40-3 and sold as DM&E 6096 in May 2001.

6200 "City of Huron", SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1979, #786246-2, FN 786246-2, as Oneida & Western Transportation Co 9951.  It was sold as British Columbia Ry 744 in May 1987 and rebuilt as DM&E  6200 "City of Huron" in November 2003.

6201 "City of Pierre", SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1979, #786246-3, FN 786246-3, as O&WT 0052.  It was sold as BCR 745 in May 1987 and rebuilt as DM&E 6201 "City of Pierre" in November 2003.

6359, "Mount Rushnore", SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1974, #73687-12, FN 73687-12, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 193, Class 30-ERS-6. It became Soo Line 6359 in 1985 and was sold to Helm Leasing as 6359 in July 1989. It was sold to DM&E in July 1990.

6360, "City of Mankato", SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1974, #73687-15, FN 73687-15, as CMStP&P 195, Class 30ERS6. It was renumbered Soo 6360 in 1985. In July 1989 it was sold to Helm as 6360 and then became DM&E 6360, "City of Mankato", in March 1990.

6361, "City of Redfield", SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1974, #73687-16, FN 73637-16, as CMStP&P 197, Class 30-ERS-6. It became Soo Line 6361 in 1985 and was sold to Helm Leasing as 6361 in July 1989. It was sold to DM&E in March 1990 and wrecked at Brookings, SC, on August 25, 2000.

6363, "City of Rochester", SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1974, #73687-20, FN 73687-20, as CMStP&P 201, Class 30-ERS-6. It became Soo Line 6363 in 1985 and was sold to Helm Leasing as 6363 in July 1989. It was sold to DM&E in March 1990.

6364, "City of Sleepy Eye", SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1974, #73687-22, FN 73687-22, as CMStP&P 202, Class 30-ERS-6. It became Soo Line 6364 in 1985 and was sold to Helm Leasing as 6364 in July 1989. It was sold to DM&E in March 1990.

6366, "City of Winona", SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1974, #73687-24, FN 73687-24, as CMStP&P 205, Class 30ERS6.  It was renumbered Soo Line 6366 in 1985.  In July 1989 and sold to HLCX as 6366 and then became DM&E 6366 in 1996.

6367 "City of New Ulm", SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1974, #73687-25, FN 73687-25, as CMStP&P 206, Class 30-ERS-6. It later became Soo 6367 and was sold to Helm in 1990 as 6367. It was sold to DM&E as 6367 in January 1995.

6368 "City of Claremont", SD40-2,  was built by Electro-Motive in July 1974, #73687-26, FN 73687-26, as CMStP&P 207, Class 30-ERS-6.  It was renumbered Soo Line 6868 in 1985 and was retired in July 1989,  It was sold to Helm in July 1991 as 6368 and renumbered as 6500.  It later became DM&E 6368 in January 1995.

.  

6369 "City of Walnut Grove", SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1974, #73687-27, FN 73687-27, as CMStP&P 208, Class 30-ERS-6. It became Soo Line 6369 in 1985 and was retired in August 1989. It was sold to Helm Leasing as 6369 in July 1991. They sold to it DM&E in February 1996.

6370 "City of Arlington", SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1974, #73687-28, FN 73687-28, as CMStP&P 209, Class 30-ERS-6. It was renumbered Soo 6370 in 1985. It was retired in August 1989 and sold to Helm 6370 in July 1991. It became DM&E 6370 in January 1995.

6384 "City of New Ulm", SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1974, #73687-13, FN 73687-13, as CMStP&P 194, Class 30-ERS-6. It was assigned Soo Line 6384 in 1985 and banditized in 1987. It was retired in July 1989 and became DM&E 6384, "City of New Ulm", in March 1990. It was returned to Helm and renumbered 6211.

6386, "City of Walnut Grove", SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1974, #73687-18, FN 73687-18, as CMStP&P 199, Class 30-ERS-6. It became Soo Line 6386 in 1985 and was sold to Helm Leasing as 6386 in July 1989. It was sold to DM&E in March 1990 as 6386. It was returned to Helm Leasing and renumbered 6212 in February 1996.  It was sold as Wisconsin & Southern 4009 and became WATCo WAMX 4178.

6387, "City of Winona", SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1974, #73687-19, FN 73687-19, as CMStP&P 200, Class 30-ERS-6.  It became Soo Line 6387 in 1985 and was sold to Helm as 6387 in July 1989.  It was sold to DM&E in March 1990 as 6387. It was returned to Helm Leasing and renumbered 6213 in February 1996.  It was sold as Norfolk Southern 3505, Class SD40-2, on December 27, 2013.

6388, SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1974, #73687-21, FN 73687-21, as CMStP&P 202, Class 30ER6.  It was renumbered  Soo Line 6388 in 1985.  In July 1989 it was sold as HLCX 6388 and and became DM&E 6388.  It was returned as and renumbered HLCX 6214 in 1996.  It sold as NS 3506, Class SD40-2, on March 1, 2014.

6604, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1954, #19499, FN 5326-2, as Chicago & North Western 1704. It was rebuilt at Oelweing and renumbered 6604 in June 1971. It was sold as Dakota Minnesota & Eastern 6604 on September 5, 1986. and later scrapped.

6605, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1954, #19500, FN 5326-3, as C&NW 1705.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein in August 1971 and renumbered 6605.  It was sold to DM&E on September 5, 1986 as 6605 and retired on December 23, 1996.

6610, "City of Waseca", SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1954, #19505, FN 5326-8, as C&NW 1710.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein in September 1971 and renumbered 6610.  It was sold to DM&E as 6610 on September 5, 1986, and later retired.

6611, "City of Janesville", SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1955, #20687, FN 5405-1, as C&NW 1721.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein in August 1971 and renumbered 6611.  It was sold to DM&E as 6611 on September 5, 1986, and later retired.

6613, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1955, #20689, FN 5405-3, as C&NW 1723.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein in July 1971 and renumbered 6613.  It was sold to DM&E as 6613 on September 5, 1986, and later scrapped.

6615, "City of Rapid City", SD9, was built in June 1953, #18227, FN 5276-1, as C&NW 1660, SD7.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein in November 1971 as 6615, updated to SD9.  It was sold to DM&E as 6615 on September 5, 1986, and retired.

6621, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1952, #17409, FN 5181-2 as Minneapolis & St Louis 952, a SD7.  It was renumbered 301 in March 1956 and merged as C&NW 301 in 1960.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein in July 1971 as 6621, updated to SD9/  It was sold to DM&E as 6621 on September 5, 1986, and later scrapped.

Roster information: Wilco can Schoonhaven

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

12/11/2016

3rd Sunday in Advent

Memorial of Saint Cian of Wales

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

He who carries God in his heart bears heaven with him wherever he goes.

--St. Ignatius of Loyola