Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

West Virginia Short Lines and Industrial Railroads

 

Aggregates Industries PLC

Millville Quarries

33005, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1957, #23004, FN 5519-20. as Baltimore & Ohio 6530, Class FSE-2.  It was reclassified Class GP-9 in 1964 and assigned CSX Transportation 0530 but was sold as Millville Quarries M-1 on May 6, 1987.  It became AI 33005 later.


Amherst Industries, Inc.

98, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive.


Babcock Lumber & Boom Co.

142 was built by Lima on January 9, 1886, #142, as Frank E Thompson 142.  It became Albert & Frank E Thompson 142 and moved on as Thompson Lumber Co 142.  It became Blackwater Lumber Co 142 and became BL&BCo 142.  It was scrapped on May 9, 1921.

212 was an elevated railroad locomotive.


Beech Mountain RR

16 was built by Lima in December 1906, #1799, as Enterprise Lumber Co 4.  It was sold as Cherry River Boom & Lumber Co 16 and sold to F C Cooke Co in 1952.  It was leased as BMRR 16 in 1953 and returned as Cooke-Natwick Co in 1954.  It was sold was Ely Thomas Lumber Co 2 in 1956 and sold to Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in April 1966.  It has been shown as Leetonia Ry 1.

42, 65DE19a, was built by Whitcomb in April 1944, #60448. as United States Army 8442.  It was sold to S A Healy Construction Co and resold as South Buffalo RR 42.  It was sold to Pan American Engineering Co and resold as BMRR 42.

100, 80DE6A, was built by Whitcomb in 1942, #60160, as United States Navy 65-00082.  It was sold as BMR 100 and resold as Cargill Inc 100.

115, S4, was built by Alco in November  1950, #78420, as Michigan Limestone & Chemical Co. 115.  It was sold as BMR 115.

9452, S1, was built by Alco in March 1949, #76563, as Pennsylvania RR 9102, Class AS-6.  It was renumbered 9452, Class AS-6, in 1966 and became Penn Central 9452, Class AS-6, in 1968.  It was sold as BMR 9452.


Benwood & Wheeling Connecting Ry.

This road was incorporated in 1900 and operated over the local railroads at Benwood to provide switching service for Wheeling Steel, who owned it. In 1931 they operated 3 miles of line with 3 locomotives.

I have no roster information on 30.

32 was built by Baldwin in March 1913, #39537, as Chicago & Alton 60, Class B-9. It was sold to Southern Iron & Equipment, Shop Number 2288, and then to B&WC as 32 on September 10, 1930. Thanks to Tom Lawson for the information.


Big Four Coal Co.

1246, SW7, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1950, #11667, FN 4054-10, as Illinois Central 9419. It was renumbered 419 in December 1959 and rebuilt as 1246 in March 1970. It was sold to Charolais Corp as 1246 in October 1948 and later to BFCCo as 1246.


Blackwater Lumber Co.

142 was built by Lima on January 9, 1886, #142, as Frank E Thompson 142.  It became Albert & Frank E Thompson 142 and moved on as Thompson Lumber Co 142.  It became BLCo 142 and became Babcock Lumber & Boom Co 142.  It was scrapped on May 9, 1921.


Brooks Run Coal Co.

8060, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1954, #19902, as IC 9060.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in June 1969 as 8060 and sold as Oneida Coal Co 8060.  It was sold as BRCCo 8060 in 1996 and sold as Elk River RR 2 in 1996.


Buffalo Creek & Gauley

The BC&G was incorporated in 1904 to build a railroad from Dundon to Huttonsville, about 110 miles. Only 18.6 miles was built from Dundon to Widen. It was owned by the Elk River Coal and Lumber Co and the two operations were closely integrated. Steam continued to be operated into the 1960s when the line became dormant. Several attempts to revive it showed promise, but none ever got much beyond the attempt stage.

4 was built by Baldwin in September 1926, #59472, as Ferrocarril Mexicano 200. It was never delivered to them and then was sold to the BC&G later in 1926. After the BC&G quit running it was sold to the Quakertown & Eastern for excursion service as Q&E 4.

5 was built by Alco-Richmond in 1904, #29164, as Chesapeake & Ohio 509. It was renumbered 838, Class G-7, in 1926 and later sold to BC&G as 5. It was scrapped in 1953.

12 was built by Baldwin in 1915, #41740, as Atlanta Birmingham & Atlantic as 103. It became 212, Class K-1, and later was sold to Chattahoochee Valley Ry as 57. It was then sold to Kelly's Creek RR as 57 and sold to BC&G as 9 in 1953. It was renumbered 12 in 1953 and was scrapped in 1955.

13 was built by Alco-Brooks in January 1920, #61579, as Kelley’s Creek & Northwestern 6.  It was sold to Buffalo Creek & Gauley as 13 in 1954 and then to South Penn Museum as 622 in 1964.  It was then sold to Lake Shore RR Historical Foundation as 1977 in December 1976 and then to Logansport Iron Horse Festival in July 1983.  It was sold to OC as 13 in November 1992.

14 was built by Alco-Schenectady in 1916, #59309, as Kelley's Creek & Northwestern 1. It was sold to BC&G as 14 in 1950.

17 was built by Baldwin in September 1925, #58683, as Savannah & Atlanta 504.  It was sold as Buffalo Creek & Gauley RR 17 and sold as LA&L 17 in May 1965.  It was retired in June 1967 and scrapped on March 30, 1970.

"A" was built by Brill-Mack in November 1921, #21368, 60005, as Lewisburg Milton & Watsonburg Passenger Ry. 20. On November 30, 1928, it became Pennsylvania RR 4738. On January 14, 1931, it was sold to the Artemus-Jellico Ry as 1. In 1941 it became BC&G "A". It was sold in Milton in 1967 and came to the Strasburg RR as 20 in 1977.

“B” was built by Four Wheel Drive Auto Co in 1919.


Campbell's Creek RR 

This road was built in 1901 as a coal hauler between Dana and Putney (13.8 miles). It was dieselized in 1953 and abandoned in 1962.

6 was built by Baldwin in January 1922, #55245.

10 was built by Baldwin in 1921, #55199, as Greenbrier & Eastern 1.  It became Chesapeake & Ohio 2930, Class M-4, in 1928 and later sold as CC 10 in October 1934.  It was retired in 1953.

11 was built by Baldwin in 1923, #57554, as G&E 3.  It became C&O 2931 in 1928 and later sold as CC 11 in October 1934.

12 was built by Baldwin in November 1912, #38812, as Woodward Iron Co 30.  It was sold as CC 12.

13, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1953, #18174. It was sold to Kellys Creek RR as 13 in 1962 and then to McLouth Steel Co. as 13 in 1964.


Cass Scenic RR

4 was built by Lima in December 1922, #3189, as Strouds Creek & Muddlety Ry 5.  It was sold as Mower Lumber Co 4 on June 5, 1943, and became Midwest Raleigh Inc in September 1960.  It was sold to Midwest Steel Co in May 1961 and sold as Cass Scenic RR 4 on June 7, 1962.

8 was built by Climax on December 1919,  #1651, as Moore Keppel & Co 6.  It was sold to Dry Gulch Junction Inc in April 1967 and transferred as Whistles in the Woods Inc.  It was sold as CSRR 8 in November 1970,


Cherry River Boom & Lumber Co.

16 was built by Lima in December 1906, #1799, as Enterprise Lumber Co 4.  It was sold as CRB&LCo 16 and sold to F C Cooke Co in 1952.  It was leased as Beech Mountain RR 16 in 1953 and returned as Cooke-Natwick Co in 1954.  It was sold was Ely Thomas Lumber Co 2 in 1956 and sold to Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in April 1966.  It has been shown as Leetonia Ry 1.


Deep Run RR

7 was built by Lima on July 18, 1912, #2563, as West Virginia Pulp & Paper Co 7.  It became Greenbriar Cheat & Elk RR 7 in 1913 and sold as DRRR 7 in 1915.  It was sold as Western Maryland RR 3 in March 1929 and sold as Green Smokeless Coal Co 1 in November 1932.  It was sold as Glady-Sewell Coal Co 1 in June 1941 and sold as Premier Coal Co 1 on October 10, 1945.  It was sold to David W Corbitt in the 1970s and planned to be sent to Cass.  It was wrecked enroute and scrapped at West End, WV.


Durbin & Greenbriar Valley RR

We have a special page on this line.


Elkay Mining Co.

01, S2m, was built by Alco.  It was rebuilt by General Electric in January 1979, #89665, as EMCo  01 and sold to Motivation Coal Co no number in 1998.


Elk River RR

1, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1957, #23837, as Illinois Central 9337.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in December 1974 as 8337 and sold as ERRR 1.

2, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1954, #19902, as IC 9060.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in June 1969 as 8060 and sold as Oneida Coal Co 8060.  It was sold as Brooks Run Coal Co 8060 in 1996 and sold as ERRR 2 in 1996.

3, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1952, #17076, as Wabash RR 475, Class D-15.  It became N&W 3475 in 1965 and rebuilt at Paducah in July 1976 as Illinois Terminal RR 1750.  It was sold as Precision National Corp 1750 in 1982 and sold as ERRR 3.


Ely-Thomas Lumber Co.

2 was built by Lima in December 1906, #1799, as Enterprise Lumber Co 4.  It was sold as Cherry River Boom & Lumber Co 16 and sold to F C Cooke Co in 1952.  It was leased as Beech Mountain RR 16 in 1953 and returned as Cooke-Natwick Co in 1954.  It was sold was E-TLCo 2 in 1956 and sold to Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in April 1966.  It has been shown as Leetonia Ry 1.


F&M Coal Co.

6523, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1957, #22997, as Baltimore & Ohio 6523, Class FSE-2.  It was reclassified Class GP-9 in 1964 and reclassified CSX Transportation 0523 but sold as F&M Coal Co 6523 on July 31, 1986.  It was closed in 1990 and sold to George R Silcott Co.  It was resold as R J Corman RR 9010.

8031, S4, was built by Montreal in February 1954, #76446, as Canadian National 8031, Class MS-10e.  It was sold as F&MCCo 8031 in 1984.


Gauley River RR

1821, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1951, #13883, as Atlantic Coast Line  203.  It became  Seaboard Coast Line  823 in July 1967 and rebuilt at Uceta in December 1981 as 4775.  It became Seaboard System RR 4775 and renumbered 1821.  It became CSX Transportation 1821, Class GP-10, and retired in February 19, 1993.  It was sold at GRIV 1879 and sold as Buckingham Branch RR 1821.  It was renumbered 9.

1822, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1951, #13899, as ACL 154.  It became SCL 742 in July 1967 and rebuilt at Uceta in December 1981 as 4776.  It became SBD 4776 and renumbered 1822.  It became CSX 1822, Class GP-16, and retired on February 19, 1993.  It was sold as GRIV 1822 in 1995 and sold to Hardeman County Grain Co in 2006.  It was lettered as AARX 1822 and repainted as HG 1822 in 2008.


Georges Creek RR

101, T6, was built by Alco in March 1958, #83860, as Pennsylvania RR 8427, Class AS-10a. It was renumbered 9847 in 1966 and became Penn Central 9847, Class AS-10a, in 1968. It later became Consolidated Railroad Corp 9847, Class T-6, in April 1976 and was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal as 1000 in June 1976. It was leased to Raritan River Steel Co as L-3 and later sold to Black River & Western as 56. It was then sold to West Jersey RR as 56 in 1994 and then to Vandalia RR as 56 in April 1995. It then was transferred to Pioneer Railcorp as 101 and sold as GCK 101 in March 2008.


Gladys-Sewell Coal Co.

1 was built by Lima on July 18, 1912, #2563, as West Virginia Pulp & Paper Co 7.  It became Greenbriar Cheat & Elk RR 7 in 1913 and sold as Deep Run RR 7 in 1915.  It was sold as Western Maryland RR 3 in March 1929 and sold as Green Smokeless Coal Co 1 in November 1932.  It was sold as G-SCCo 1 in June 1941 and sold as Premier Coal Co 1 on October 10, 1945.  It was sold to David W Corbitt in the 1970s and planned to be sent to Cass.  It was wrecked enroute and scrapped at West End, WV.


Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

1227, SSB1200, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18093, FN 4219-8, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2427, Class 2418, a SW9.  It was renumbered 1427, Class 1418, in August 1974 retired on February 29, 1979.  It rebuilt at San Bernardino as 1227, Class 1214, on June 15, 1979, and retired on December 13, 1984.  It was sold as GY 1227 in June 1987.  It became Shell Chemical 1227 in 1992 and sold to J&M Locomotive Inc as JDNX 60 by 2000.  It was sold to Western Rail Inc but there is no other info.


Greenbrier & Eastern RR

1 was built by Baldwin in 1921, #55199.  It became Chesapeake & Ohio 2930, Class M-4, in 1928 and later sold as Campbell Creek's RR 10 in October 1934.  It was retired in 1953.

3 was built by Baldwin in 1923, #57554.  It became C&O 2931 in 1928 and later sold as CC 11 in October 1934.


Greenbrier Cheat & Elk RR

7 was built by Lima on July 18, 1912, #2563, as West Virginia Pulp & Paper Co 7.  It became GC&E 7 in 1913 and sold as Deep Run RR 7 in 1915.  It was sold as Western Maryland RR 3 in March 1929 and sold as Green Smokeless Coal Co 1 in November 1932.  It was sold as Glady-Sewell Coal Co 1 in June 1941 and sold as Premier Coal Co 1 on October 10, 1945.  It was sold to David W Corbitt in the 1970s and planned to be sent to Cass.  It was wrecked enroute and scrapped at West End, WV.

14 was built by Lima in April 26, 1910, #2248, as Chesapeake & Ohio 11.  It was retired in December 1923 and sold as GC&ERR 14 in February 1924.  It became WVP&PCo 14 in October 1928 and sold as Western Maryland 5 in June 1932,  It was retired in September 1950 and scrapped in October 1954.


Green Smokeless Coal Co.

1 was built by Lima on July 18, 1912, #2563, as West Virginia Pulp & Paper Co 7.  It became Greenbriar Cheat & Elk RR 7 in 1913 and sold as Deep Run RR 7 in 1915.  It was sold as Western Maryland RR 3 in March 1929 and sold as GSCCo 1 in November 1932.  It was sold as Glady-Sewell Coal Co 1 in June 1941 and sold as Premier Coal Co 1 on October 10, 1945.  It was sold to David W Corbitt in the 1970s and planned to be sent to Cass.  It was wrecked enroute and scrapped at West End, WV.


Green Valley Coal Co.

781, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1950, #7442, FN 5000-4, as Nashville Chattanooga & Saint Louis 703, Class GP-7.  It became L&N 1703, Class GP-7N, and renumbered 493, Class GP-7, in 1965.  It was sold as National Railway Passenger Corp 781 and resold to Helm Leasing Corp as HLCX 781.  It was sold as GVCCo 781 in 2012.

2171, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1962, #27117, as Reading Co 5503, Class RES-14.  It was renumbered 3603 in 1964 and became Consolidated Railroad Corp 2171, Class GP-30, in April 1976.  It was retired on April 11, 1991, and sold to Naporano Iron & Metal Co in 1996.  It was sold to Larry's Truck Equipment and resold as GVCCo 2171 in February 1997.


Hobet Mining & Construction Co.

101, DRS4-4-1500, was built by Baldwin in March 1948, #73494, as Norfolk Southern Ry 1508.  It was rebuilt and sold as Durham & Southern 365 on February 5, 1966.  It was sold as Morehead & Morgan Fork 365 in September 1974 and later sold to Southern Rails Inc.  It was sold as Hobet 101.


Juliana Coal Co.

2500, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1953, #17968, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 343L, Class 325, an F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2500, Class 2417, on September 27, 1974.  It was retired in December 1984 and sold to Blue Mountain & Reading in January 1985.  It was sold as JCo 2500 in November 1985 and later resold as Spruce Fork Coal Co 2500.


Kanawha Central RR

944.


Kanawha River Terminals, Inc.

Oglebay Norton Co.

287, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1957, #22986, as Baltimore & Ohio 6512, Class FSE-2.  It was reclassified Class GP-9 in 1964 and assigned CSX Transportation 0512 but retired on January 29, 1987.  It was sold as ONCo 287 in February 1987 and became KRT 287 in June 1994.

1200, GP40-2LW, was built by General Motors in March 1976, #A3433, as Canadian National 9638, Class GF-430d.  It was retired on March 1, 2002, and sold to Progress Rail.  It was sold as KRT 1200.


Kelley's Creek & Northwestern RR

An excellent history can be found.

1 was built by Alco-Schenectady in 1916, #59309. It was sold to Buffalo Creek & Gauley as 14 in 1950.

6 was built by Alco-Brooks in January 1920, #61579.  It was sold to Buffalo Creek & Gauley as 13 in 1954 and then to South Penn Museum as 622 in 1964.  It was then sold to Lake Shore RR Historical Foundation as 1977 in December 1976 and then to Logansport Iron Horse Festival in July 1983.  It was sold to Ohio Central RR as 13 in November 1992.

1, MP15, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1976, #766006-1.  In June 1993 it was sold to Alaska RR as 1 and in January 1994 it was renumbered 1553.  It was sold to Broadway Rail & Equipment Co in 2009 and sold to Progressive Rail Services.  It was sold to General American Transportation Co as GMTX 205 in 2011.

2, MP15, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1980, #796358-1. In June 1993 it was sold to ARR as 2 and in January 1994 it was renumbered 1554.  It was sold to Broadway Rail & Equipment Co in 2009 and sold to Progressive Rail Services.  It was sold to GATX as GMTX 206 in 2011.

9, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in January 1948, #29470, as Tidewater Southern Ry 142. It was renumbered 742 in 1952 and sold to Preston W Duffy on November 7, 1966. It then was sold to KC&NW as 9.


Kelly's Creek RR

57 was built by Baldwin in 1915, #41740, as Atlanta Birmingham & Atlantic as 103. It became 212, Class K-1, and later was sold to Chattahoochee Valley Ry as 57. It was then sold to Kelly's Creek RR as 57 and sold to Buffalo Creek & Gauley as 9 in 1953. It was renumbered 12 in 1953 and was scrapped in 1955.

13, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1953, #18174, as Cambell's Creek RR 13. It was sold to KCRR as 13 in 1962 and then to McLouth Steel Co. as 13 in 1964.


Laurel River Lumber Co.

22 was built by Baldwin in December 1913, #40958. It was sold as Carter-Kelley Lumber Co  4 and sold as  W T Carter & Brother Lumber Co 4 in 1930.  It was then donated to Grigsby Foundation in 1970.  It was sold as Reader RR 4 in 1984 and leased to Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis RR with various identifications.  It was returned to Reader and does movie work.


Little Kanawha River Rail, Inc.

1205, SW1200RS, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1955, #20670, as Illinois Terminal RR 779.  It was renumbered 1205 in 1967 and became Norfolk & Western 1205 in November 1981.  It was sold to LKRR 1205 in November 1987.


Meadow River Lumber Co.

1 was built by Lima in May 1910, #2317.  It was donated to Edaville in July 1959 and transferred to F Nelson Blount in January 1963.  It is at Steamtown.

8, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in January 1957, #32815.  It was transferred as Georgia-Pacific Corp 1 in 1971.


Middle Fork RR

Moore Keppel & Co.

3 was built by Climax in November 1910, #1958.  It was sold to Connecticut Electric Railway Association in 1961 and resold to Durham & Greenbriar Valley RR i n 2001. as MK&Co 3.

6 was built by Climax in December 1919,  #1651.  It was sold to Dry Gulch Junction Inc in April 1967 and transferred as Whistles in the Woods Inc.  It was sold as Cass Scenic RR 8 in November 1970,


Mower Lumber Co.

4 was built by Lima in December 1922, #3189, as Strouds Creek & Muddlety Ry 5.  It was sold as MLCo 4 on June 5, 1943, and became Midwest Raleigh Inc in September 1960.  It was sold to Midwest Steel Co in May 1961 and sold as Cass Scenic RR 4 on June 7, 1962.


Northeast Lumber Co.

3 was built by Lima on July 11, 1924, #3267.  It was scrapped.


Ohio River Terminal Co.

2234, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1966, #31709, FN 7881-2, as Reading Co 2751, Class SW-14..  It became Conrail 9590, Class SW-1500, in April 1976 and became Norfolk Southern PRR 2234.  It was sold as Pittsburgh & Ohio Central 2234 and sold as ORT 2234.  It was sold as Archer Daniels Midland Co 2234.

4010, C415, was built by Alco in November 1968, #6909-01, as Spokane Portland & Seattle 100. It became Burlington Northern 4010, Class A-415, in 1970, and was sold to Diesel Supply Co in October 1980. They sold it to Centerra Energy Co as 4010 in June 1981. They sold it to ORT as 4010.

120839, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive. It came from BP Petroleum Corp.


Oneida Coal Co.

8060, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1954, #19902, as IC 9060.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in June 1969 as 8060 and sold as OCCo  8060.  It was sold as Brooks Run Coal Co 8060 in 1996 and sold as Elk River RR 2 in 1996.


Peerless Coal Co.

38, 8 Ton, was built by Plymouth.


Premier Coal Co.

1 was built by Lima on July 18, 1912, #2563, as West Virginia Pulp & Paper Co 7.  It became Greenbriar Cheat & Elk RR 7 in 1913 and sold as Deep Run RR 7 in 1915.  It was sold as Western Maryland RR 3 in March 1929 and sold as Green Smokeless Coal Co 1 in November 1932.  It was sold as Glady-Sewell Coal Co 1 in June 1941 and sold as Premier Coal Co 1 on October 10, 1945.  It was sold to David W Corbitt in the 1970s and planned to be sent to Cass.  It was wrecked enroute and scrapped at West End, WV.


Raleigh & Southwestern RR

35 was built by Lima in August 1910, #2366.  It was sold to Smoky Mountain Ry as 35 in January 24, 1921, and then transferred to W. M. Ritter Lumber Co. as 35 in October 1938.  It became Brimstone RR in 1942.  Georgia-Pacific acquired the line and it became Brimstone & New River Ry in July 1965.  It was closed in October 1954 and purchased by Southern Ry. in April 1965.  It was loamed to the Tennessee Valley RR Museum and then to Yolo Short Line RR.  It was sold to Matt Brieve in 1992 and then to Silver Bend Tree Farm in 1995.  It is stored in parts.


Sewell Valley RR

7 was built by Baldwin in 1919, #52265. It later became Chesapeake & Ohio 2910, and later Louisiana & NorthWest 36.


South Branch Valley Ry

We have a special page on this line.


Spruce Fork Coal Co.

2500, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1953, #17968, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 343L, Class 325, an F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2500, Class 2417, on September 27, 1974.  It was retired in December 1984 and sold to Blue Mountain & Reading in January 1985.  It was sold as Juliana Coal Co 2500 in November 1985 and later resold as SFCCo 2500.


Steel of West Virginia, Inc.

15, 110 Ton, was built by General Electric in January 1973, #38904, , as Empire Reeves Steel Co 6.  It became Empire Detroit Steel Co 6 and It became Armco Steel Corp Empire-Detroit Steel Div 6.  It was sold to Larry's Truck Equipment and then to SWV as 15 in November 1998.


Strouds Creek & Muddlety Ry.

5 was built by Lima in December 1922, #3189.  It was sold as Mower Lumber Co 4 on June 5, 1943, and became Midwest Raleigh Inc in September 1960.  It was sold to Midwest Steel Co in May 1961 and sold as Cass Scenic RR 4 on June 7, 1962.


Thompson Lumber Co.

142 was built by Lima on January 9, 1886, #142, as Frank E Thompson 142.  It became Albert & Frank E Thompson 142 and moved on as TLCo 142.  It became Blackwater Lumber Co 142 and became Babcock Lumber & Boom Co 142.  It was scrapped on May 9, 1921.


Weirton Steel Corp.

We have a special page on this company.


West Virginia Central RR

We have a special page on this line.


West Virginia Pulp & Paper Co.

7 was built by Lima on July 18, 1912, #2563.  It became Greenbriar Cheat & Elk RR 7 in 1913 and sold as Deep Run RR 7 in 1915.  It was sold as Western Maryland RR 3 in March 1929 and sold as Green Smokeless Coal Co 1 in November 1932.  It was sold as Glady-Sewell Coal Co 1 in June 1941 and sold as Premier Coal Co 1 on October 10, 1945.  It was sold to David W Corbitt in the 1970s and planned to be sent to Cass.  It was wrecked enroute and scrapped at West End, WV.

14 was built by Lima in April 26, 1910, #2248, as Chesapeake & Ohio 11.  It was retired in December 1923 and sold as GC&ERR 14 in February 1924.  It became WVP&P 14 in October 1928 and sold as Western Maryland 5 in June 1932,  It was retired in September 1950 and scrapped in October 1954.


Wheeling-Pittsburgh Steel Corp.

1156, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1954, #19494, as Canton RR 43.  It was sold as W-PS 43 and renumbered 1156.  It was sold as Sharon Steel Co 6 and resold as Olympic Mill Service 006.

1265, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1963, #27863, as Missouri Pacific 1195. It was retired and sold on Precision National on June 13, 1985. It was then sold to W-PS as 1265 in 1986.

 

 Roster information: Mike Gillings, Bill Miller

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

9/24/2013

Feast of Our Lady of Mercy

Memorial of Saint Pacificus of San Severino

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

O God our Creator, from Your provident hand we have received our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happines.  You have called us as your people and given us the right and the duty to worship You, the only true God, and your Son, Jesus Christ.

Through the power and working of Your Holy Spirit, You call us to live out our faith in the midst of the world, bringing the light and the saving truth of the Gospel of every corner of society.