Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Oklahoma Short Lines and Industrial Railroads

 Arkansas-Oklahoma Railroad

There is a full page on this line.


Armco Steel Corporation

 

This is a national company.


AT&L RR

The east end of this line was built by the Choctaw Coal & Railway Company in the 1880s. In October 1894 it was leased to the Choctaw, Oklahoma & Gulf Railroad and in 1904 to the CRI&P railroad. Following the abandonment of the CRI&P, the state acquired a portion of the line from El Reno to Geary, which was operated by the North Central Oklahoma Railroad prior to ATLT taking over in May 1985. ATLT owns the line from Geary to Watonga. The CRI&P Bridgeport branch has been operated since July 1986.

158, MP15, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1974, #74641-9, as Reading RR 2779, Class SWE-14.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 9629, Class MP-15, in April 1976 and sold as General American Transportation Co 158.  It became Locomotive Leasing Partners 158 and leased as AT&L 158.

1948, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1958, #24059, as Northern Pacific 369.  It became Burlington Northern 1948, Class GP-9, in 1970 and sold to Wilson Ry Corp in March 1985.  It was sold as AT&L 1948 in May 1985.

2165, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1953, #28894, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2877, Class 2650.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in July 1979 as 2165, Class 2050,  It was retired and sold as AT&L 2165.

8102, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1957, #22319, as Illinois Central 9254.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in September 1971 as 8254 and sold as Chicago Central & Pacific 8254.  In 1996 it was sold to McCoy Elkhorn Coal Corp as 8102 and resold as AT&L 8201.


Blackwell & Northern Ry.

907, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1959, #25439, as Kansas City Southern 165. It was renumbered 4165 in January 1973 and became Kiamichi Ry 907 in 1991.  It was resold as BNR 907 and sold to Northern Illinois & Western Ry as NIWX 907.  It was sold as Rio Valley Switching Corp 4107.


BTR Terminal

10, T6, was built by Alco in October 1959, #83385, as Norfolk & Western 43. It was retired in November 1985 and traded in to GE in March 1986. It was sold to Maryland & Delaware as 14 and later to Arkansas & Missouri as 14.  It was sold as BTR 10 and it became Consolidated Grain & Barge 10.


Cherokee Nitrogen Co.

2, 44 Ton, was built in March 1942, #2363, as St Louis-San Francisco 2.  It was sold to Tulsa-Sapulpa Union Ry as 2 and later to Frit Car & Equipment Co. as 2.  It later was sold to CNCo and scrapped in 1977.


Cimarron River Valley RR

The line ran from Camp to Cushing, 25.5 miles.  It was sold from Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe  on January 1, 1985, and discontinued in April 1989.  Abandonment was authorized on July 22, 1989.

1500, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1953, #17979, as Pittsburgh & Lake Erie 5733, Class DRS-4L.  It was reclassified Class ERS-15 in 1966 and renumbered 1504 in December 1971.  It was sold to Mongahela RR as 1500 in December 1975.  It was then leased to North Texas Central as 1500 in July 1982.  It was later sold to CRVC as 1500 and then to Kyle RR as 1500.  It was then transferred to Natchez Trace RR as 1511.  It was sold as UTC 1511 and sold as Locomotive Sales & Leasing Corp 1511.

1506, GP7,  was built by Electro-Motive in September 1951, #14582, as P&LE 5685, Class DRSP-4g.  It was rebuilt as Class DRS-4g and reclassified Class ERS-15 in 1966.  It was renumbered 1524 in December 1971 and sold to Monongahela Ry as 1506 in December 1975.  It was then leased to NCT as 1506 in July 1982 and used as Enid Central RR 1506.  It was later sold to CRVC as 1506.

1508, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1951, #14578, as P&LE 5681, Class DRS-4j.  It was reclassified Class ERS-15 in 1966 and renumbered 1528 in December 1971 and sold to MGA as 1508 in December 1975.  It was leased to NCTR as 1508 in June 1982 and used as ENIC as 1508.  It was later sold to CRVC as 1508.

1510, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1951, #14573, as P&LE 5676, Class DRSP-4g.  It was rebuilt as Class DRS-4g and became Class ERS-15 in 1966.  It was renumbered 1533 in December 1971.  It later was sold as MGA 1501 in December 1975.  It was later sold to CRVR as 1510 and became EARY 1510.  It was sold as Universal Transportation Co 1510 and sold as Reames & Son Construction Co 1510.


Clarkland Quarry

82, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1950, #10120, FN E4027-3, as Great Northern 82, Class SW-1.  It became Burlington Northern 82, Class SW-1, in 1970, and retired in February 1982.  It was sold as CQ 82 in August 1982 and resold as Tulsa-Sapulpa Union RR 106.  It was sold as Transitank Car Corp 106 in 1988.


Dolese Brothers Company

This company operates a number of aggregate sites in Oklahoma. One of their major plants was at Big Canyon, which is just south of Dougherty in the Arbuckle Mountains. This location produced limestone ballast for railroad use until most of the railroads went to granite ballast. It then closed down. In 1967 they used two little 25 ton General Electric locomotives.

102138 was built by General Electric in October 1941, #15013.

125001 was built by General Electric in October 1941, #15012.


Dry Gulch RR

4 was built by Baldwin in March 1912, #37564, as Klondike Mines Ry 4.  It was sold as White Pass & Yukon 4 in 1942 and sold to V Molitor as Oak Creek Central Ry 4 in 1955.  It was sold as Peppermint & Northwestern 4 in 1960 and John Galahgan as Gold Nugget Junction RR 4 in 1972.  It was purchased by Denny Hilton in 1980 and resold to Midwest Central RR in September 1984.  It was sold to the next month in October 1984 for Steve Wild and sold as DGRR 4.  It was apparently never used and was offered for sale by 2010.


Eagle-Picher Co.

This company operated zinc mines in the southeastern corner of Oklahoma and used second hand St Louis-San Francisco Russian decapods in its final years of operation until it closed in 1957.

1615 was built by Alco-Richmond in 1917, #58829, for the Imperial Russian State Rys, but was diverted by United States Railway Adminstration as 1015.  It sold to the Frisco as 1615 in 1918. It was sold to EP in 1951 and is now on display at Altus, OK.

1621 was built by Baldwin in April 1918, #48420, for Imperial Russian State Rys, but was diverted by USRA as 1195,  It was sold to Southern Ry as 8029 in April 1918. It was transferred as Missouri Kansas & Texas 8029 and sold it to the Fort Smith Subiaco & Rock Island as 101 in 1920.  When Frisco's first 1621 was destroyed in a dynamite blast in the 1920s, they traded 4-6-0 614 to them and replaced the 1621 in 1925. It was sold to EP in November 1951 and donated in July 1961 on display at the Museum of Transportation at Kirkwood, MO.

1625 was built by Alco-Schenectady in March 1918, #58903, for Imperial Russian State Rys E1199.  It was diverted by USRA as 1089 and sold as Frisco 1625 in November 1920. It was sold to EP in November 1951 and donated to the Texas State Fair Association in September 1964.  It is displayed at the Age of Steam, Dallas, TX.

1630 was built by Baldwin in March 1918, #47953, for Imperial Russian State Rys, but was diverted as USRA 1147.  It was sold as Frisco 1630 in November 1920. It was sold to EP in November 1951 and was restored operational at Illinois Railway Museum as Frisco 1630 in August 1967.

1632 was built by Baldwin in May 1918, #48522, for Imperial State Rys but was diverted as USRA 1199.  It was sold as Southern Ry 8022 and resold as Frisco 1632 in November 1920. It was sold to EP in November 1951 and was donated in December 1965 to Smoky Hill Railroad Museum in Ottawa, KS. It is now at the Belton Grandview & Kansas City Ry in Belton, MO.


Enid Central RR

1506. GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1951, #14582, as Pittsburgh & Lake Erie 5685, Class DRSP-4g.  It was rebuilt as Class DRS-4g and reclassified Class ERS-15 in 1966.  It was renumbered 1524 in December 1971 and sold to Monongahela Ry as 1506 in December 1975.  It was then leased to North Central Texas RR as 1506 in July 1982 and used as ENIC 1506.  It was later sold to Cimarron River Valley Ry as 1506.

1508, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1951, #14578, as P&LE 5681, Class DRS-4f.  It was reclassified Class ERS-15 in 1966 and renumbered 1528 in December 1971 and sold to MGA as 1508 in December 1975.  It was leased to NCTR as 1508 in June 1982 and used as ENIC as 1508.  It was later sold to CRVC as 1508.


Farmrail Corp.

There is a full page on this line.


Fort Smith & Western RR

2.


Grainbelt Corp.

There is a full page on this line.


Hollis & Eastern RR

When the Katy abandoned its Wichita Falls & North Western line, one segment was sold to the Hollis & Eastern and has operated ever since. Here are a few views of some of their locomotives.

39, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18105, as Chicago & North Western 1273. It was retired on November 10, 1977, and sold to Wilson-Cramer. They sold it to Chicago West Pullman & Southern as 39. It was later sold to H&E as 39.

2520 is a CF7 built by Electro-Motive in June, 1956, #21130, as a F9A and was Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 282C, Class 281. In May, 1974, it was rebuilt at Cleburne and became the 2520, Class 2417. In February, 1987, it was sold to the Railway Engineering & Supply Co who sold it to the H&E in 1987. It was replaced in March, 1999, by a newer GP9 rebuild and has reportedly been sold to another short line.

8170, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1956, #20808, as Illinois Central 9170. It was rebuilt at Paducah in February 1971 as 8170. It later became Chicago Central & Pacific 8170 and was renumbered 1770. In March 1999 it was sold as HE 8170 and sold to Mountain Cement Co as MCTZ 8170 in September 2011.

7427 was a 45 Ton General Electric, October, 1944, #13165. It came from Phillips Petroleum Co 7427 in December, 1971. They got it from the U S Army, 7427.


Johnston's Terminal Muskogee

007, S12, was built by Baldwin in October 1953, #75922, as Southern Pacific 1547, Class DS-118.  It was renumbered 2154, Class BS412-4, in 1966 and sold as Metropolitan Stevedore Co 2 on August 9, 1974.  It was later sold as Wills Brothers 5683 and then became JTM 007.  It later was sold as SMS Lines 303.

52, AS616, was built by Baldwin in March 1954, #75835, as Trona RR 52.   It was sold as JTM 52 in 1993.  It was sold as SMS Lines 552 in 1995.

53, AS616, was built by Baldwin in April 1951, #75139, as Southern Pacific 5249, Class DF-108.  It was sold as Trona 53 in November 1960 and sold as JTM 53 in 1993.  It was sold as SMS Lines 553 in 1995.

54, AS616 was built by Baldwin in June 1952, #75357, as Kaiser Steel Corp 1012B.  It was renumbered 1028 and sold as Rayonier Inc 14 in 1973.  It was resold as Trona 54 in 1986 and sold as JTM 54 in 1993.  It was sold as SMS Lines 554 in 1995.


Joplin-Pittsburg RR

2001, WE 65 Ton, was built by Plymouth in January 1932.  It was sold as Cassville-Exeter RR 2001 and sold to  Kansas City Public Service Freight Operation but apparently not used.  It later was sent to the Green Bay museum but does not show in the present list.

2003, PE 70 Ton, was built by Plymouth in September 1936, #3865.  It was sold as Fort Dodge Des Moines & Southern 501 in October 1954 and resold to Sonken & Galamba Co in December 1956.  It was sold as KCPSFO 1 in July 1957 and retired in 1964.  It was preserved as J-PRR 2003 by Museum of Transportation.


LRS Companies

There is a full page on this company.


North Central Oklahoma RR

613, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in May, 1953, #18444, as New York Central 5740, Class DRSP-4n. The steam generator was removed and the locomotive was reclassified DRS-4n. In 1966 it was reclassified ERS-15. In 1968 it became Penn Central 5740, Class ERS-15. In April, 1976, it became Consolidated Railroad Corp 5740 Class GP-7. XTRA purchased the locomotive in 1981 and renumbered it 613. After a short time on the North Central Texas RR as 613, it was sent to the NCORR as 613. In August, 1986, it went to the Wisconsin & Calumet as 613. It is now Chicago Rail Link 613.

614 was built by Electro-Motive in May, 1953, #18452, as New York Central 5748, Class DRSP-4n. It was converted and reclassified DRS-4n. In 1966 it was reclassified ERS-15. In 1968 it became Penn Central 5748, Class ERS-15. In April, 1976, it became Conrail 5748 Class GP-7. XTRA purchased it in 1981 and it became 614. It was NCT 614 from 1982 until early 1984, when it went to the North Central Oklahoma. It also went to the WICT as 614 in 1986. It is now Chicago Rail Link 614.

615, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1951, #14229, as New York Central 5667, Class DRS-4e. It was re-classified Class ERS-15 in 1966 and became Penn Central 5667, Class ERS-15, in 1968. It then became Consolidated Railroad Corp 5667, Class GP-7, in April 1976. It was sold to XTRA in 1984 and was assigned to NCT as 615, but it was send to the NCORR as 615. It then went to WICT as 615 and later to the Georgia Woodlands RR as 615.


Northeast Oklahoma Ry.

Northwestern Oklahoma RR

1, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in November 1946, #28336, as Sacramento Northern RR 146, Class S-26.  It was sold to Chrome Crankshaft Corp in June 1972 and resold as NOKL 1 in 1973.  It was sold to Feather River Railroad Society in 1996 and traded to the Western Railway Museum in 2006.

2, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1946, #28335, as SN 145, Class S-26.  It was sold to Chrome Crankshaft Co in June 1972 and sold as NOKL 2 in 1973.  It was sold to Westmac Inc in 1976 and sold as Cargill Inc 3 in 1984.  It was sold as Shepard Grain Co 3 in October 1998 and sold as Champaign Landmark Inc 3 in October 2003.  It was sold for scrap to Western Star Rail Services in 2008.

7312, SW1200RS, was built by General Motors in September 1957, #A1171, FN C228-5, as Canadian National 1275, Class GR-12k.  It was rebuilt at Pointe Ste Charles in 1987 as 7312, Class GS-412a.  It was retired on March 3, 2000, and sold as Canac, Inc 7312 in 2000.  It was sold to Savage Co as SVGX 7312 and sold as NOKL7312.


Oklahoma Portland Cement Co.

2 was built by Lima on May 25, 1918, #2977.  It was sold as Virgin Pine Lumber Co 2 in February 1920 and resold as C&R Lumber Co 15 in July 1926.  It was sold as Goodyear Yellow Pine Co 2 in April 1931 and sold as Crosby Lumber & Manufacturing Co 15 on August 14, 1944.  It was renumbered 1 and sold as Pascagoula Veneer Co 1.  It was purchased by C W Witbeck in July 1966 and resold to Thomas Lawson Jr on November 13, 1970, as Dixie Midland Ry 8.  It was sold as Eureka Springs & North Arkansas Ry 8 in 1983 and sold as Lowville & Beaver River RR 8 in 1989.  It is owned by Railway History Society of Northern New York and is stored with boiler problems.


Okmulgee Northern RR

5 "Tommy" was built by Alco-Cooke in 1923, #65189, as stock.  It was sold as OkNo 5 in December 1933 and sold to Sonken-Galamba Corp in 1958.  It was sold to Kansas City Railroad Museum and went to Belton, Grandview & Kansas City RR.

7, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in August 1950, #30453.  It was merged as St Louis-San Francisco 12 in 1964 and sold to Andrew Merrilees Co in September 1965.  It was then sold to Ontario Steel Co as 2 in December 1968.


Port of Muskogee

3349, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1956, #21336, as Southern Pacific 5643, Class DF-607. It was renumbered 3476, Class EF418-6, in 1966, and rebuilt in on May 1, 1972, as 3349, Class EF418E-2.  It was sold to Southwest Car Parts in October 1987.  It was sold to R&L Co as 3349 in August 1992 and then to PofM as 3349.

3361, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1956, #21374, as SP 5681, Class DF-607.  It was renumbered 3514, Class EF418-6, in 1966, and rebuilt on August 1, 1972, as 3361, Class EF418E-2.  It was sold to R&L as 3361 in August 1992 and then to PofM as 3361.


Sand Springs Ry.

This is a former traction line.


Sheffield Steel Corp.

This is a interstate company.


South Kansas & Oklahoma RR

This is a Watco short line.


Stillwater Central RR

This is a Watco short line.


Texas Oklahoma & Eastern

This is a Weyerhauser short line.


Tulsa Port of Catoosa

555, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1965, #30241, as Southern Pacific 1609, Class DS-124.  It was renumbered 2274, Class ES412-5, in 1966 and later sold as Willamette Valley RR 2274.  It was sold as TPC 555 in 1993.


Tulsa-Sapulpa Union Ry.

This is a former trolley short line.


United States Asphalt Co.

281, 65 Ton, was built by Bethlehem-Westinghouse in June 1936, #A056, as Westinghouse Electric Corp 14.  It was sold as Bessemer & Lake Erie 281, Class W-1A, in June 1936 and sold as USPCo 281 in 1955.  It was retired in 1962.


Wichita Tillman & Jackson RR

This is a Rio Grande Pacific line.


Wills Brothers

5683, S12, was built by Baldwin in October 1953, #75922, as Southern Pacific 1547, Class DS-118.  It was renumbered 2154, Class BS412-4, in 1966 and sold as Metropolitan Stevedore Co 2 on August 9, 1974.  It was later sold as WB  5683 and then became Johnston's Terminal Muskogee 007.  It later was sold as SMS Lines 303.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

3/2/2014

Memorial of Saint Absolon of Caesarea

Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

For almighty God. . ., because He is supremely good, would never allow any evil whatsoever to exist in His works if He were not so all-powerful and good as to cause good to emerge from evil itself.

-- St. Augustine, Enchiridion 3, 11