Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Fox River Trolley Museum

In 1955, several of Illinois Electric Railway Museum members were looking for a permanent site.  We thought that the Aurora Elgin & Fox River Electric Co's South Elgin line would be a possibility and we got a chance to ride on the diesel to look it over. 

The line came under the Illinois Central mainline and a track came back up the hill to make the interchange.  There was a special train on the IC but it was not for us.  The interchange can be seen in the view.

The interchange track came down the hill to the old main line.  A refrigerator car was on the end of the track.

The main line looked nice even though the wires were gone.

The IRM found another location and another group started a collection on the line in 1961.  It opened as the Relic Trolley Museum on July 4, 1966.

5, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1946, #28467, as Aurora Elgin & Fox River Electric Co 5.  After the line was closed in 1973, 5 was sold as Chicago Gravel Co 511.  When that ended it was given to the FRTM in 2001.

 

7 was built by Pullman in 1926 as Chicago South Shore & South Bend 7.  It went to the FRTM in 1988.

11 was built by Brill in 1910, #16483, as Chicago Aurora & Elgin 11. It was rebuilt to a line car in 1947 and replaced 45.  It was acquired by Railway Equipment Leasing & Investment Co in 1962 and became FRTM in 1984.  It was lettered as Fox River & Eastern.

14 was built by Pullman in 1926 as CSS&SB 14.  It was rebuilt in 1942 and went to the FRTM in 1988.

20 was built by Niles Car in 1902 as CA&E 20.  It was preserved by Railway Electric Leasing & Investing Corp in 1962.  It was then transferred to FRTM in 1984.  It is the oldest operating interurban in the United States

40 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1960, #1804, as Chicago Transit Authority 40.  It went to FRTM in 1998.

43 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1960, #1804, as CTA 43.  It went to FRTM in 1998.

45 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1960, #1804.  It went to East Troy Electric RR in 1998.  It was sold to FRTM in 2009.

73, 70DE24, was built by Whitcomb in April 1948, #60748, as Potlatch Forests Inc 73. It was transferred to the Warren & Saline River as 73 in 1963 and later sold to the FRTM in 1991.

111 was built by Pullman in 1929 as CSS&SB coach 29. It was rebuilt into 111 in 1951.  It went to Fox River Trolley Museum in 1988 and later scrapped.

304 was built by St Louis Car in 1924, #1306, as Aurora Elgin & Fox River Electric Ry. In 1936 it was sold to Cleveland Interurban RR as 304. CI became Shaker Heights Rapid Transit in 1944 and in 1954 it was sold to Columbia Park & Southwestern aka Trolleyville as 304.  It was sold to FRTM in 2009.

316 was built by Jewett Car Co in 1913 as CA&E 316.  It was sold to Railway Equipment Leasing & Investment Co in 1962 and transferred as FRTM in 1984.

317 was built by Jewett Car Co in 1913 as CA&E 317.  It was sold to RELIC in 1962 and transferred as FRT in 1984.

458 was built by St Louis Car Co in September 1945, #1717, as CA&E 458.  It was sold to Trolleyville in 1962 and was transferred as Lake Shore Electric Ry in 2006.  It was sold to FRTM in December 2009.

715 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in 1926, #2890, as Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee 715.  It is modernized in 1939 and purchased by Mid-Continent Railroad Museum in 1963.  It was sold to Wisconsin Electric Railway Museum in 1967 and then sold to FRTM in 1988.

756 was built by Standard Steel Car Co in 1930 as CNS&M 756.  It was rebuilt as Silverliner on April 25, 1950, and sold to Railway Equipment Leasing & Investment Corp in 1963.  It was transferred to FRTM in 1984.

4103 was built by Cincinnati Car in 1914, #1835, as Chicago Rapid Transit 4103.  It was acquired by FRTM in 1985.

4288 was built by Cincinnati Car in 1922, #2660, as CRT 4288.  It was acquired by Illinois Railway Museum in 1975 and sold to Railway Equipment Leasing & Investment in 1983.  It became FRTM in 1988.

4451 was built by Cincinnati Car in 1924, #2860, as CRT 4451.  It was acquired by Railway Equipment Leasing & Investment Co in 1975 and transferred to FRTM in 1984.

5001 was built by Pullman-Standard in 1947, #6747, as CRT 5002.  It was renumbered 51 in 1963 and acquired by FRTM in 1986.  It was restored as 5001.

6101 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1950, #1759, as Chicago Transit Authority 6101.  It was sent to the FRTM in 1994.

6102 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1950, #1759, as CTA 6102.  It was sent to the FRTM in 1994.

9648 was built by Illinois Central in 1957.  It was acquired by Fox River Trolley Museum in 1993.

L202 was built by Chicago City Ry in 1909 as CCRy C50.  It was renumbered L202 in 1913 and became Chicago Surface Lines L202 in 1914.  It was rebuilt as CTA S343 in 1959 and acquired by Railway Equipment Leasing & Investment Co in 1979.  It was acquired by FRTM in 1983 and restored as L202.

S-314 was built by Chicago City Ry in 1907.  It was sold to Calumet & South Chicago Ry as 41 in 1909.  It was renumbered W301 in 1913 and became Chicago Surface Lines W301 in 1914.  It was rebuilt as S314 in November 20, 1953, with a crane and sent to Fox River Trolley Museum in 1997.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

9/20/2016

Memorial of Saint Dionysius of Phrygia

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

The most deadly poison of our times is indifference.  And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits.  Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers.

-- St. Maximilian Kolbe