Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

The Milwaukee Electric Ry. & Light Co.

Interurban Cars 1001-1025

 

These were the first heavy interurbans purchased by the company from St. Louis Car in 1903. Previously double truck city cars and cars from the original MRK were used. They were unusual having a rather flat two window end and deck roofs. They were always 600 volt cars, and after 3300 volt current was placed in use west of St. Martins and Waukesha Beach, they were confined to MRK and South Milwaukee use. In the 1920s, rebuilt 1100s replaced them on the MRK line and rebuilt 600s took over South Milwaukee. Fourteen were converted to freight motors and several remained in use on the Carrollville branch of the South Milwaukee line. The last were scrapped after that service was abandoned in 1934.

1001 was built by St. Louis Car Co in 1903.  It was retired on April 5, 1935.

1004 was built by St. Louis Car Co in 1903.  It was rebuilt as a South Milwaukee shuttle car in 1920 and retired on June 30, 1936.

1005 was built by St. Louis Car Co in 1903.  It was rebuilt as a South Milwaukee shuttle car in 1920 and retired on June 30, 1936, but apparently was not scrapped for several years.

1011 was built in St, Louis Car Co in 1903.  It was rebuilt in 1923 as express trailer M21. In 1925 the trucks were replaced with St. Louis 23M trucks from 1109. It was retired in April 1941 and scrapped.

1012 was built by St. Louis Car in 1903.  It was rebuilt in 1923 as M19, a combination-express motor.  The passenger section was closed in 1931 and scrapped in April 1941.

1014 was built by St. Louis Car in 1903.  It was rebuilt in 1924 as express motor M23.  It was scrapped in April 1941.

1015 was built by St. Louis Car in 1903. It was rebuilt in 1924 as M20, an express motor. It was scrapped in July 1945.

1017 was built by St. Louis Car in 1903.  It was rebuilt in 1926 as a combination-express trailer M25 and the ends were designed for service into the Chicago loop.   It was motorized in 1929 and scrapped in 1941.

1018 was built by St, Louis Co in 1903.  It was rebuilt in 1926 as a combination-express trailer M26 and motorized in 1929.  It was sent to the Port Washington power plant and later was stripped as a flat car.

1025 was built by St Louis Car in 1903.  It was retired on June 30, 1936.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

10/24/2017

Memorial of Saint Marcius of Monte Cassino

<><

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

The soul hungers for God, and nothing but God can satiate it.  Therefore He came to dwell on earth and assumed a Body in order that this Body might become the Food of our souls.

--St. John Vianney