Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

  Duluth Missabe & Iron Range

Diesel Locomotives and Motor Cars

 

1, RDC3, was built by Budd in December 1952, #5701. It was sold to Northern Pacific as B-42 in March 1963.

"1", RDC2, was built by Budd in May 1951, #5420, as New York Central M-480.  It became Penn Central 80 in 1969 and rebuilt in August 1973 as National Railway Passenger Corp 34.  It was sold as Alaska RR 712 in 1987 and sold to Eagle Cove Camp & Conference in 2009.  It was sold to North Shore Scenic RR in 2012 and lettered as DM&IR 1.

1st 11, SW9, Class DS-1, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1953, #17870, FN 4209-1.  It was sold as Carbon County Ry 1201 in June 1958 and transferred to United States Steel Corp in April 1984.

2nd 11, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1949, #10381, FN 6023-1, as Chesapeake & Ohio 5060, Class SE-10.  It was reclassified Class NW-2 in 1964 and sold to Greenbrier Leasing Co as GBRX 5060.  It was sold to Industrial Maintenance Service and rebuilt as Elgin Joliet & Eastern 455 in November 1975 using a hood from EJ&E 919.  It was transferred as Duluth Missabe & Iron Range 11 in May 1998.  It was retired in May 2006 and sold as Hallett Dock 11

12, SW9, Class DS-1, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1953, #17871, FN 4209-2.  It was transferred as Union RR 563, Class D-75, in January 1960.

17, SW9, Class DS-1, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1953, #17876, FN 4209-7.  It was transferred as URR 564, Class D-75, in January 1960.

23, SW9, Class DS-1, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1953, #17882, FN 4209-13.  It was transferred as URR 573, Class D-75, in January 1960 and sold as Larry's Truck Equipment Co 573.

102, SD9, Class RS-1, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1956, #21728, FN 5456-2.  It was transferred as Bessemer & Lake Erie 827, Class W-5A3, in December 1965.

107, SD9, Class RS-1, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1956, #21733, FN 5456-7.  It was transferred to Elgin Joliet & Eastern as 604 in February 1968.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co as 604 in November 1987 and then to Montana Rail Link as 604 in 1988.  It was renumbered 600 and later rebuilt.  It was transferred to I&M Rail Link as 600 and returned to MRL as 600.

117, SD9, Class RS-2, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #23105, FN 5525-7, FN 5525-7. It later became B&LE 844. It was then rebuilt by LTE as 181 and then became South Branch Valley RR 181.

118, SD9, Class RS-2, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #23106, FN 5525-8. It later was became B&LE 845. It was then rebuilt by LTE as 180 and then became SBV 180.

123, SD9, Class RS-2, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #23111, FN 5525-13.  It was transferred as B&LE 837, Class W-5A3, in August 1971 and scrapped in June 1987.

126, SD9, Class RS-2, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1957, #23114, FN 5525-16. It was transferred to B&LE as 847 in 1997.

129, SD9, Class RS-2, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1957, #23117, FN 5526-19. It was transferred to Birmingham Southern as 629 in July 1996.

141, SD9, Class RS-3, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1958, #23921, FN 5555-11.  It was transferred as B&LE 823, Class W-5A2, in February 1964 and scrapped in June 1987.

143, SD9, Class RS-3, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1958, #23923, FN 5555-13. It was rebuilt as a shop car in 1986 and scrapped in 1998 at Proctor.

145, SD9, Class RS-3, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1958, #23925, FN 5555-15.  It was rebuilt by Livingston Rebuilt Center as Burlington Northern 6241, Class SD-9, in March 1958 and became Burlington Northern Santa Fe 6138, Class SD9, in May 2000.   It was renumbered 1723 in 2005 and retired in August 2007.

150, SD9, Class RS-3, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1958, #23930, FN 5555-20. It was transferred to Birmingham Southern as 650 in 1997.

155, SD9, Class RS-3, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1958, #23935, FN 5555-25. It was sold to Independent Locomotive Service in 1993 and rebuilt with a low short hood for their lease fleet.

161, SD9, Class RS-4, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1959, #25261, FN 5600-3.  It was sold to Western Rail Dismantlers in 1998 and resold to CF Locomotive.  It was sold as Georgia Southwestern RR 1900 and sold to Bro-Tex International Metals in October 2011.

164, SD9, Class RS-4, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1959, #25264, FN 5600-6. It was transferred to Elgin Joliet & Eastern as 614 in July 1997 and it was then transferred as Union RR 60 in December 2003.

166, SD9, Class RS-4, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1959, #25266, FN 5600-8. It was sold to Diesel Supply in 1998 and resold to Columbia Basin RR 166 in 1999.

170, SD9, Class RS-4, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1959, #25270, FN 5600-12.  It was sold as Diesel Supply Co 170.

174, SD9, Class RS-4, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1959, #25274, FN 5600-16.  It was rebuilt in 1980 as 301, SD-M, and sold as LTE 301, in 2008.

183, SD18, Class RS-6, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1960, #25787, FN 5616-9. It was rebuilt in June 1989 as 310, SD-M, and sold as LTE 310 in September 2003.

185, SD18, Class RS-6, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1960, #25789. It was transferred to EJ&E as 616 in July 1997.

186, SD18, Class RS-6, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1960, #26790, FN 5616-6.  It was rebuilt in July 1990 as 316, SD-M, and retired on June 17, 2008.  It was donated to Missabe Railroad Historical Society in November 2008.

189, SD18, Class RS-6, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1960, #25793.  It was sold as DLSX 189.

192, SD18, Class RS-6, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1960, #25796.  It was rebuilt as 303 and sold as Nebraska Northwestern RR 303.

193, SD18, Class RS-6, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1960, #25797. It was rebuilt with a low short hood in 1991 and donated to the Lake Superior Railroad Museum in May 1998.

200, SD38AC, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1971, #37704, as B&LE 865, Class W-6A2.  It was sold as Wisconsin Great Northern 200 in August 2009.

205, SD38AC, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1971, #37073.  It was retired on May 23, 2008.

207, SD38AC, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1971, #37075.

211, SD38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1975, #74649-3. It was renumbered 9002 in September 1998.

213, SD38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1975, #74649-5.

215, SD38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1976, #756069-1, as B&LE 892.  It was transferred as DMIR 215.

222, SD38, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1970, #36143, as EJ&E 652.  It was transferred as DM&IR 222 in May 1993 and retired in 2003.

403, SD40T-2M, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1972, #7336-19, FN 7336-19, as Southern Pacific 9184, Class EF636-7.  It was rebuilt in 1986 as 6786, Class EF636LR-6.  It was sold as DM&IR 403, SD40-3.

413, SD40T-2M, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1972, #7336-3, FN 7336-3, as SP 9168, Class EF636-7.  It was rebuilt in 1986 as 6873, Class EF636LR-6 and sold to Helm Atlantic Leasing as HATX 935.  It was rebuilt as DM&IR 413, a SD40T-2M.

418, SD40-3, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1974, #74601-11, FN 74601-11, as Seaboard Coast Line 2055, SD45-2.  It later became Seaboard System 2055 in January 1983 and renumbered 8960 in 1984.  It became CSX Transportation 8960, Class SD45-2, in April 1986 and sold as HATX 909.  It was rebuilt to SD40-3 as DM&IR 418 on December 31, 1997, and retired in February 2007.  It was sold to Progress Rail Services as PRLX 418 in April 2008.

419, SD40T-2M, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1972, #72601-04, as SP 9212, Class EF636-7, SD45T-2. It was rebuilt in 1987 as 6794, Class EF636R-7. It was sold to VMV Enterprises who rebuilt it in February 1998 as DM&IR 419 and retired in September 2007.

W56 was built by Twin City Rapid Transit in November 1914 as TCRT 1719, Class L-8. It was transferred to Duluth-Superior Traction Co as 268, Class L-8, in July 1916. It was rebuilt as a one man car in 1930. It was sold as a complete car to DM&IR in June 1939 and was rebuilt as a diesel electric motor car for crew transfer.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

6/28/2017

Memorial of Saint Lupercio

<><

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

Whatever you do, think not of yourself, but of God.

---St. Vincent Ferrer