Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Georgia Short Lines and Industrial Railroads

 Albany & Northern

The A&N ran between Cordelle and Albany and was owned by the Southern.

1, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in November 1946, #28562, as 70. It was renumbered 1 at an unknown date. In 1970 it was sold to Roscoe Snyder & Pacific as 1 and then resold in 1971 to American Grains with no number.

9 was obviously built by Baldwin.

51 was a side-door caboose.


Atlanta Stone Mountain & Lithonia Ry

Davidson Mineral Properties

1, SW1, Class DS-1, was built by Electro-Motive on August 4, 1939, #905, FN E287-1, as Electro-Motive Corp 905.  It was sold as Central of Georgia 1, Class DS-1, and resold as ASML 1 on January 17, 1957. 

110, S2u, was built by Alco in June 1942, #69972, as Atlantic Coast Line 612, Class DES.  It was rebuilt by Electro-Motive in 1956 as 29 and became Seaboard Coast Line 110 in July 1967.  It was sold as ASML 110 and became Davidson Mineral Properties 110.  It was sold as Gifford-Hill Co 110 and relettered as Hanson Aggregates 110.


Atlantic & Gulf RR

2391, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1953, #17779, FN 5247-5, as Louisville & Nashville 511, Class GP-7.  It was renumbered 2391 and became became Seaboard System 2391 in January 1983.  It was sold as Alabama & Florida RR 2391 and transferred as Wiregrass Central RR 2391 in 1993.  It was transferred as Nash County RR 2391 in 1994 and A&G 2391 in 1994.  It was transferred as Georgia & Florida Railnet 2391 in 1997 and transferred as Lexington & Ohio RR 2391 in 1998.  It was transferred as Knoxville & Holston River RR 2391.

8068, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1955, #20147, FN 5378-1, as llinois Central 9068.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in March 1970 as Illinois Central Gulf 8068.  It was sold  as A&G 8068.

8311, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1954, #19231, FN 5321-B26, as Union Pacific 155B, a GP9B. It was rebuilt in September 1977 as Illinois Central Gulf 8311 and sold as A&G 8311 on May 28, 1990.  It became Georgia & Florida Railnet 8311 in 1999 and Georgia & Florida Ry 8311 in 2004.  It assigned as Yadkin Valley RR 8311 and sold as Carolina Coastal Ry 8311 in 2007.


Atlantic Steel Corp.

17, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1952, #15956, FN 6373-8, as Atlantic Coast Line 57.  It became Seaboard Coast Line 17 in July 1967 and sold to Graham County RR as 17 in May 1982.  It then was sold to Carolina Eastman as 17 and then to ASCorp as 17.  It then went to Armco Steel Corp as 17 and then to Warren Consolidated Industries as 830.


Chattahoochee Industrial RR

3, RS1, was built by Alco in June 1944, #72812, as Atlanta & St Andrews Bay Ry 909.  It was sold a CIRR 3.  It was sold as Conrad Yelviugton Industries 3 and renumbered 275.

12, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1952, #15636, FN 6350-1, as Arkansas & Louisiana Missouri 12. It was later sold to CIRR 12.   It was later transferred as Domtar Corp 12 and sold to Webb Asset Management Co as WAMX 930.

14, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1953, #17365, FN 4189-7, as Florida East Coast 227.  It was sold as A&LM 14 and sold to CIRR 14.  It was transferred as Georgia-Pacific Corp 15 and became Domtar 15.

38, RS1, was built by Alco in December 1947, #75564, as Washington Terminal Co 54.  It was sold as CIRR 38 in January 1963 and sold as CYDZ 293.  It became a parts source after May 2014.

97, RS1. was built by Alco in November 1947, #75562, as WTCo 52.  It was sold as CIRR 97 in January 1963 and sold as CYDZ 292.

116, RS1, was built by Alco in February 1950, #77850, as Chicago & Western Indiana 261.  It was sold as CIRR 116.

118, RS1, was built by Alco in April 1945, #73333, as ASAB 911.  It was sold as CIRR 118 in June 1973.  It was sold as CYDZ 118 and renumbered 294.

1505, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1973, #72649-9, FN 72649-9, as Pittsburgh & Lake Erie 1542, Class ES-15.  It was sold as Chicago Missouri & Western 1505 and became Gateway Western  1505 in 1990.  It was sold as CIRR 1505 in 1999.

1811, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1957, #22324, FN 5517-2, as Illinois Central 9201.  It was rebuilt at Paducah on June 8, 1979, as Ashley Drew & Northern 1811 and sold as CIRR 1811 in 1996.

1830, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1951, #9663, FN 5059-3, as Central of Georgia 122, Class D-2.  It was renumbered 8219 in 1971 and sold as CIRR 1830.  It was transferred as Georgia Pacific Corp 1830 in 2001.


Chattooga & Chickamauga Ry.

101, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1949, #8931, FN E1234-A12, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 222C, Class 200, an F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in November 1970 as 2644, Class 2417, and retired on June 26, 1987.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co in July 1987 and sold as Columbus & Greenville Ry 809.  It was transferred as CCKY 101 and sold as Redmont Ry 101.

102, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1952, #16892, FN 6398-2, as Chicago St Paul Minneapolis & Omaha 158.  It later became Chicago & North Western 158 and rebuilt at Oelwein on December 17, 1979, as 4468.  It was retired in 1992 and sold to Kramer Diesel Supply Co.  It was sold as CCKY 102.

103, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1956, #21133, FN 3191-A7, as AT&SF 284L,Class 281, an F9A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne on January 24, 1975, as 2482, Class 2417, and retired on June 26, 1987.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co in July 1987 and sold as C&G 810 in February 1988.  It was resold as CCKY 103 in 1994 and scrapped in 2013.


Colonel's Island RR

8235, GP7, was built in April 1951, #14570, FN 6303-2, as Tennessee Alabama & Georgia 705.  It became Southern Ry 705 in 1971 and renumbered 8235 in 1971.  It was sold as CISD 8235 in July 1984.  It was sold as Rail Link Co 435 in 1998.

8239, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1953, #17676, as Southern 2064.  It was renumbered 8239 in 1971 and sold as CISD 8239 in July 1984.  It was sold as RLIX 437 in 1998.


Continental Forest Products Co.

1175, S3, was built by Alco in September 1950, #78391, as Boston & Maine 1175, Class DS-3b.  It was sold as Virginia Power & Light Co 1175 on January 22, 1965, and resold to Stone & Webster Co in 1965.  It was sold as Continental Forest Products Co 1175 and resold as Otter Valley RR 1.  It was sold as Seaview Transportation Co 3 in 1981 and leased as Cape Cod & Hyannis 3.  It was returned as Seaview 3 "Hamilton".


Cotton Producers Association

2105, VO1000, was built in August 1943, #67743, as Louisville & Nashville 2205, Class S-85.  It was renumbered 2105 in 1965 and sold to Hyman Michaels Co.  It was sold as CPA 2105.


Flint River & Northeastern RR

51 was built by Baldwin in 1921, #65571.


Florida Rock Industries

We have a full page on this fallen flag.


Gainesville Midland RR

We have a full page on this fallen flag.


Georgia & Alabama RR

GAAB was a Railtex shortline which was absorbed into the Georgia Southeastern.

20 "The Pride of Mauldin", GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1956, #22120, as New York New Haven & Hartford as 1210, Class DERS-4. It became Penn Central 7540, Class ERS-17s, 1969, and then Consolidated Railroad Corp 7540, Class GP-9. It was renumbered 7280 and later sold to Cape Cod & Hyannis as 1210. It was renumbered 20 and later sold to GAAB as 20. It later was transferred to Carolina Piedmont RR as 20 .

21, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1956, #22111, as NYNH&H as 1201, Class DERS-4. It became PC 7531, Class ERS-17s, in 1969, and then Conrail 7531, Class GP-9. It was renumbered 7271 and later sold to CC&H as 21. It was then sold to South Carolina Central as 21 in April 1989 and later to Georgia Southwestern as 21. Then it became CPDR as 21 in November 1990 and then GAAB as 21.

25, GP9m, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1958, #24084, as Great Northern 903, Class GP-5.  It became Burlington Northern 1353, Class GP-5, in 1970 and sold as CC&H 1353 in 1988.  It was renumbered 25 and sold to Railtex in April 1989 as GAAB 25.  It was transferred as CDPR 25 and later Texas NorthEastern RR 25.

 

2077, GP7m, was built by Electro-Motive in September, 1952, #16988, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2761, Class 2650. It was rebuilt in Cleburne in August, 1974, as 2077, Class 2050. They retired it in March, 1990, and sold it to Railtex in August, 1990. In January 1999 it was transferred to Dallas Garland & North Eastern where it was quickly stored for parts use.


Georgia & Florida RR

602 was built by Alco-Richmond in June 1927, #67317, as New Orleans Great Northern 201.  It became Gulf Mobile & Northern 401 in 1934 and became Gulf Mobile & Ohio 501 in September 1940.  It was sold as G&F 602 in 1947.

603 was built by Alco-Richmond in June 1927, #67318, as NOGN 202.  It became GM&N 402 in 1934 and became GM&O 502 in September 1940.  It was sold as G&F 603 in 1947.

70, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1950, #11097.  It was renumbered Central of Georgia 1004 in December 1972.

72, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1950, #11099.  It was renumbered CG 1006 in December 1972 and sold as BLD Co 1006.

701, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1950, #11091.  It was renumbered 8231 in 1971.

706, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1950, #11096.  It was traded in to Electro-Motive in January 1966.

100 was built by Jackson & Sharpe in 1897 as Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey 100. It was sold as G&F 100 and later renumbered 102.  It was sold to a bank in Fort Worth where it was restored as 100.  It was later sold to Depot Conference Center where was relettered on one side as RBBB 100.


Georgia & Florida Railnet

2391, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1953, #17779, FN 5247-5, as Louisville & Nashville 511, Class GP-7.  It was renumbered 2391 and became became Seaboard System 2391 in January 1983.  It was sold as Alabama & Florida RR 2391 and transferred as Wiregrass Central RR 2391 in 1993.  It was transferred as Nash County RR 2391 in 1994 and Atlantic & Gulf RR 2391 in 1994.  It was transferred as GFRR 2391 in 1997 and transferred as Lexington & Ohio RR 2391 in 1998.  It was transferred as Knoxville & Holston River RR 2391.

2881, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1966, #31783, FN 7895-2, as Norfolk Southern Ry 2002.  It was acquired by Southern Ry and rebuilt as Carolina & Northwestern 2881 in 1974.  It was sold as GFRR 2881 and sold to Gulf & Ohio as 2881.  It was rebuilt by Knoxville Locomotive Works as KLWX 2250, a KLW20B, in 2012.

2886, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1967, #32493, FN 7937-3, as NSRy 2007.  It was acquired by Southern and rebuilt as CRN 2886 in 1974.  It was sold as GFRR 2886 and sold to J&L Consulting as JLCX 2886.

8311, GP9Bu, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1954, #19231, as Union Pacific 155B. It was rebuilt in September 1977 as Illinois Central Gulf 8311 and sold as Atlantic & Gulf RR 8311 on May 28, 1990.  It became GFRR 8311 in 1999 and Georgia & Florida Ry 8311 in 2004. It assigned as Yadkin Valley RR 8311 and sold as Carolina Coastal Ry 8311 in 2007.

9459, GP40-2WL, was built by General Motors in June 1974, #A3037, FN C365-60,  as Canadian National 9459, Class GF-430a.  It was retired on March 21, 2000, and sold to Helm Leasing Corp  as HLCX 9459.  It was sold as GFRR 9459 and became GFRR 9459 in 2004.  The lettering seem to have been not done.

9463, GP40-2WL, was built by General Motors in July 1974, #A3041, FN C365-64, as CN 9463, Class GF-430a.  It was retired on March 21, 2000, and sold as HLCX 9463.  It was sold as GFRR 9463 and became GFRR 9463 in 2004.  The lettering seem to have been not done.

9526, GP40-2LW, was built by General Motors in November 1974, #A3104, FN C372-36, as CN 9526, Class GF-430b,  It was retired on March 31, 2000, and sold as HLCX 9526.  It was sold as GFRR 9526.


Georgia & Florida Ry.

This is now a OmniTRAX  line.


Georgia Ashburn Sylvester & Camilla Ry.

15, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1946, #28565, as Georgia Northern Ry 71.  It was transferred as GASC 71 and later renumbered 15.


Georgia Central RR

This is now a Genesee & Wyoming line.


Georgia Eastern RR

87, SW7, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1950, #10286, FN 6076-14, as Chesapeake & Ohio 5227, Class SE-12.  It was reclassified as Class SW-7 in 1964 and sold to Chrome Crankshaft.  It was sold as Chemplex Advanced Materials LLC 11 in April 1981 and resold as GERR 87 in 1987.  It was resold as Chevron Chemicals Co 087.

6590, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1985, #24374, as Baltimore & Ohio Class FSE-2. It became Class GP-9 in 1964 and was assigned CSX Transportation 0590. It was retired on January 9, 1987, and was sold as GERR as 6590 on January 19, 1987. It became Georgia Woodlands RR on June 7, 1988, and later sold to Chicago Rail Link in February 1993 as 59.


Georgia Great Southern RR

2130, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1952, #17636, FN 5219-13, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2825, Class 2650. It was rebuilt in September 1978 at Cleburne as 2130, Class 2050. It was retired in June 1989 and sold to Railtex in February 1990. It was assigned to Georgia Southwestern RR as 2130 and then transferred to GSW and kept the same number. It was return to GSE and in January 1999 it went to Dallas Garland & NorthEastern and was renumbered 702.


Georgia Marble Co.

3, 25 Ton, was built General Electric in January 1953, #31778, as Nelson & Albermarle Ry 3 .  It was transferred as GMCo 3 in 1963 and sold to Railrhodes Inc in 2004.  It was sold to Great Lakes Calcium Co no number.

81, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1948, #5835, FN E954-12, as Southern Ry 2274.  It was renumbered as 1065 and sold as GMCo 81.  It was sold as Georgia Northeastern RR 81 and scrapped at Waycross, GA, in October 2003.

88, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1940, #987, as Illinois Central 9020. It was renumbered 605 in October 1953 and sold to Precision Engineering Co in May 1969.  It was sold to United States Pipe & Foundry Co as 41109 in 1969 and renumbered 46 in 1969. It was later sold to GMCo as 88 and sold as Stockham Valves & Fittings Co 1774 in 1985.


Georgia Northeastern RR

81, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1948, #5835, FN E954-12, as Southern Ry 2274.  It was renumbered as 1065 and sold as  Georgia Marble Co 81.  It was sold as GNRR 81 and scrapped at Waycross, GA, in October 2003.

2097, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1952, #17703, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2842, Class 2650.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2097, Class 2050, in June 1977 and retired in March 1990.  It was sold as Indiana Hi-Rail Corp 2097 in 1990 and sold as GNRR 2097 in 1991.  It was sold to Indiana Box Car Co as IBCX 2097 in 2004.  It was used on the Chesapeake & Indiana RR in 2005 and 2006 and Youngstown and Southeastern RR in 2007.  It was later retired.

7529, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1956, #20971, as New York Central 5958, Class DRS-9d.  It was renumbered 7358, Class ERS-17, in 1966 and became Penn Central 7358, Class ERS-17, in 1968.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 7358, Class GP-9, in April 1976, and rebuilt at Paducah in 1978 as 7529, Class GP-10.  It was sold to C&F Locomotive Service and sold as GNRR 7529 in 1989.

9706, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1969, #34394, FN 7191-91, as Penn Central 7765, Class EF-20.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 7765, Class GP-38, in April 1976, and was sold to Chicago Missouri & Western as 7765 in 1986.  It was renumbered 2026 in 1987 and became Gateway Western 2026 in 1990.  It was sold as Chicago Central & Pacific 2006 in 1995 and became Illinois Central 9706 in 1996.  It was sold to Progress Rail as RMGX 9706 and sold as GNRR 9706.


Georgia Northern Ry

102 was built by Alco-Richmond in May 1923, #64283.  It was sold as Norton Coal Co 102 in the 1950s and sold to Richard Jensen in 1965.  It was donated to Illinois Railway Museum in the 1980s and sold to End 'O Line RR Museum in 1993.

105 "W L Joiner" was built by Baldwin in March 1929, #60736.  It was donated to City of Moultrie in February 1963.

13, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1950, #13514, as General Motors Co 801.  It was sold as GNRy 13 and renumbered 1015 in 1971.  It was sold as United States Pipe & Foundry Co 01.

71, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1946, #28565.  It was transferred as Georgia Ashburn Sylvester & Camilla Ry 71 and later renumbered 15.

4105A, FTA, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1944, #2668, as Southern Ry 4105A.  It was renumbered  4105 and sold as GNRy 4105.  It was renumbered 14.


Georgia Power Co.

2, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in May 1956, #32533.

97 was built by H K Porter in July 1943, #7593, as United States Army 5050.  It was sold as GPCo 97 and donated to Atlanta Chapter National Railway Historical Society in March 1965.


Georgia Southwestern RR

We have a page on this road.


Georgia State Port Authority

102, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1953, #31725.  It became Savannah State Docks RR 102 and sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive in July 1973.  It was sold as Graham County RR 102 and resold to George R Silcott Co.  They sold it as Gifford-Hill Co 10082 in 1982 and rebuilt in 1984.


Georgia Woodland RR

45, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1952, #16827, FN 6462-1, as Chicago West Pullman & Southern 45. It was later sold to GWRR as 45.

615, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1951, #14229, FN 5052-42, as New York Central 5667, Class DRS-4e. It was re-classified Class ERS-15 in 1966 and became Penn Central 5667, Class ERS-15, in 1968. It then became Consolidated Railroad Corp 5667, Class GP-7, in April 1976. It was sold to XTRA in 1984 and was assigned to NCT as 615, but it was send to the North Central Oklahoma as 615. It then went to Wisconsin & Calumet as 615 and later to the Georgia Woodlands RR as 615.

6590, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1958, #24374, FN 5568-19, as Baltimore & Ohio 6590, Class FSE-2. It became Class GP-9 in 1964 and was assigned CSX Transportation 0590. It was retired on January 9, 1987, and was sold as Georgia Eastern RR as 6590 on January 19, 1987. It became GWRR 6590 on June 7, 1988, and later sold to Chicago Rail Link In February 1993 as 59.


Glover Machine Co.

4 was built by Glover Machine Co in 1916, #91421, as Coulbourne Lumber Co 4.  It was sold for display as Six Gun RR 4.  After the business closed, the engine was noved and restored as GMCo 4.


Hart County Scenic RR

11 was built by Baldwin in February 1925, #58194, as Caddow & Choctaw RR 11.  It was sold to the Reader RR as 11. It went to the HCSRR at Hartwell, Georgia, after abandonment. Steve Sandifer reports that it later went to the Kentucky Central at Paris, Ky.


Hartwell Ry.

The Hartwell Ry was formed in 1898 to take over the Hartwell RR. It operates 9.6 miles between Hartwell and Elberton where it connects with the Great Walton's former Southern trackage.

2, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in February 1950, #30253.  It is now at the Southeastern Railroad Museum.

7, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1949, #6405, as New York Central 599, Class DES-5c. It was renumbered 8425, Class ES-6, in 1966 and became Penn Central 8425, Class ES-6, in 1968. It was sold to Amtrak as 243 in 1976 and was later renumbered 730. It later became Washington Terminal Co 730 and then was sold to Hartwell as 7.

454, SD7, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1953, #17907, as Bessemer & Lake Erie 454, Class W-5A1.  It was sold as HRT 454.

2257, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1947, #4757, FN E828-9, as Carolina & North Western 2257.  It was renumbered 1048 in December 1972 and transferred as Southern RR 1048 in 1974.  It was sold as HRT 1048 in 1983 and shortly sold as Babcock & Wilcox Co 049.  It became Koppel Steel Corp 049.

3021, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1963, #28050, as Denver & Rio Grande Western 3021, Class DE B-B 61.  It was reclassified as Class EF423D-2 and retired on November 25, 1995.  It was sold to Progress Rail Services on November 29, 1995, and sold as HRT 3021 in July 1996.

4556, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1957, #22801, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 1315.  It was rebuilt at Silvis on June 3, 1977, as 4485 "Manly Centennial" and went to Precision National Corp in April 1980.  It was sold to Chicago & North Western in February 1981 and went in service as 4556 on April 29, 1981.  It was sold as HRT 4556.

4602 was built by Pullman Car Co in 1930, #6336, as Delaware Lackawanna & Western 2602.  It became Erie-Lackawanna 3602 in 1961 and assigned as Consolidated Railroad Corp 3602 in April 1976.  It was assigned as New Jersey Transit 4602 in 1983 and sold as HRT 4602 in 1983.  It was sold as New Georgia RR 1201 in 1984 and sold as Central Western Ry 1201 in 1987.


Heart of Georgia RR

1209, GP9u, was built by General Motors.

1540, GP40, was built by General Motors in June 1966, #A2170, FN C315-6, as Canadian National 4007, Class GR-430a.  It was renumbered 9307 in 1981 and retired on June 30, 1998.  It was sold to Railcar Limited Motive Power as RMGX 9307 in 1999 and sold as HOG 1540 in 2003.

1635, GP35u, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1965, #29729, FN 7756-28, as Southern Pacific 7727, Class DF-625.  It was renumbered 6624, Class EF425-3, in 1965 and rebuilt as 6356, Class EF425-K1, on December 13, 1979.  It was retired on October 3, 1995, and sold to Progress Rail on March 22, 1996.  It was assigned as Sidney & Lowe RR 6356 in September 1996.  It was sold as Arizona & California RR 3503 in October 1997, and sold as HOG 1635 in 2006.

6409, GP40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1972, #7359-4, FN 7359-4, as Detroit Toledo & Ironton 409.  It became Grand Trunk Western 6409, Class GF-430j, in 1984 and sold to RailCar Limited as RMPX on March 1, 2002.  It was sold as HOG 6409 in 2009.


Locomotive Sales & Leasing Corp.

1511, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1953, #17979, FN 5184-9, as Pittsburgh & Lake Erie Monongahela Ry as 1500 in December 1975.  It was then leased to North Texas Central as 1500 in July 1982.  It was later sold to Cimarron River Valley Ry as 1500 and then to Kyle RR as 1500.  It was then transferred to Natchez Trace RR as 1511.  It was sold as Universal Transportation Co 1511 and sold as LS&L 1511.


Material Transportation Inc.

1702, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1956, #21497, FN 5448-11, as Chesapeake & Ohio 6019, Class MRSE-17.  It was reclassified in 1964 as Class GP-9 and sold to Precision National Corp as PNCX 1702.  It was sold as MTI 1702.


Merry Bros. Brick & Tile Co.

5, 25 Ton, was built by General Electric in May 1951, #30981.


New Georgia RR

3499, FP7A, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1950, #12343, as Cincinnati New Orleans & Texas Pacific 6147.  It was renumbered 3499 in 1971 and sold as NGRR 3499 in April 1988.  It was sold as Stone Mountain Scenic RR 3499 in 1991.

6902, E8Am, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1953, #18542, as New York Central 4084, Class DPA-5e.  It was reclassified as Class EP-22 in 1966 and became Penn Central 4084, Class EP-22.  It was renumbered 4327 and became Consolidated Railroad Corp 4327, Class E8A, in April 1976.  It was sold as New Jersey Transit 4327 on December 2, 1976, and rebuilt at Paducah in July 1978 as 4251.  It was sold as NGRR 6902 and sold to a private owner on August 24, 1995.  It was leased as Tennessee Central Ry Museum 6902.

1201 was built by Pullman Car Co in 1930, #6336, as Delaware Lackawanna & Western 2602.  It became Erie-Lackawanna 3602 in 1961 and assigned as Consolidated Railroad Corp 3602 in April 1976.  It was assigned as New Jersey Transit 4602 in 1983 and sold as Hartwell RR 4602 in 1983.  It was sold as NGRR 1201 in 1984 and sold as Central Western Ry 1201 in 1987.


Ogeechee RR

4215, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1963, #28496, as Chesapeake & Ohio 3020, Class MRSE-30.  It was reclassified as Class GP-30 in 1964 and rebuilt later as Class GP-30M.  It was renumbered 4215 and then became CSX Transportation 4215, Class GP-30M.  It was later sold to ORR as 4215.


Horace G. Poss & Co.

No number was built by Porter as Pullman Co 249. It later was sold to Southern Iron & Equipment and then to Atlantic Steel Co. It was acquired by Horace G Poss & Co for display.


St. Marys RR

500, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in January 1944, #18079.  It was sold in November 1971.

501, RS3, was built by Alco in March 1951, #78546.

502, RS3, was built by Alco in January 1956, #81842.

503, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1971, #37068, FN 4592-1.   It was sold as Birmngham Southern RR 355 and was transferred as Fairfield Southern RR 355.

504, MP15, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1974, #74645-1, FN 74645-1.  It was sold to WATCo as WAMX 1504 in June 2006.

505, MP15, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1976, #756156-1, FN 756156-1.  It was sold as BSRR 373 and became WAMX 1590.

506, SW1200RS, was built by General Motors in July 1960, #A1896, FN C275-4, as Canadian Pacific 8150, Class DRS-12c.  It was rebuilt as 1270, Class DRS-12, in 1985 and sold as SMRy 506 in 2007.

1180 was built in September 1926 by Osgood Bradley, #8795, by Electro-Motive, #163, as Boston & Maine 180.  It was renumbered 1180 and sold as SMRy 1180 in 1940.  It went to National Museum of Transportation.


Sandersville RR

100, H12-44, was built by Fairbanks Morse in August 1953, #12L777.

1100, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1967, #33487, FN 4525-1, as 100.  It was renumbered 1100.

1500, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1969, #34435, as St Louis South-Western 2518, Class ES415C-2.  It was sold to SAN as 500 and renumbered 1500.


Savannah & Atlanta

We have a separate page on this fallen flag.


Savannah State Docks RR

102, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1953, #31725, as Georgia State Port Authority 102.  It became SSD 102 and sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive in July 1973.  It was sold as Graham County RR 102 and resold to George R Silcott Co.  They sold it as Gifford-Hill Co 10082 in 1982 and rebuilt in 1984.

9059, S2, was built by Alco in October 1948, #76179, as Baltimore & Ohio 5125, Class DS-5A.  It was renumbered 9059, Class SA-3, in 1957 and reclassified as Class S-2 in 1964.  It was sold to Luntz Iron & Steel Co on November 3, 1972, and resold to George R Silcott Railway Equipment Co.  It was sold as SSD 9059 in July 1973 and returned to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive in December 1973.  It was resold as Becker Sand & Gravel Co 11 in June 1983.

9132, S2, was built by Alco in November 1949, #77807, as Chesapeake & Ohio 5038, Class MSA-10.  It was transferred as B&O 9132, Class S-2, in 1963 and sold to Luntz Iron & Steel on November 3, 1972.  It was sold through Birmingham Rail & Locomotive as SSD 9132 in July 1973.  It was sold to Railway Equipment Leasing Co as RE 1060 in January 1980.  It was sold as Pillsbury Corp 1060 in April 1980 and sold as Burdick Grain Co 1060 in April 1989.  It became Peavey Grain 1060 in September 1991 and sold to Indiana Boxcar Corp as IBCX 1060 in 1997.  It was resold to George R Silcott in September 2000 and stored at Worthington, OH.


Seaboard Farms of Athens

641, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955, #20400, as Baltimore & Ohio 641, Class DS-20E.  It was renumbered 9416, Class SE-3, in 1956, and was reclassified Class SW-900 in 1965.  It was retired on September 8, 1986, and sold to Wilson Railway Corp on December 23, 1986.  It was sold as SFA 9416 in May 1988 and became Con Agra 9416 on January 3, 2000.


Southern Aggregate Co.

1202, SW1200RS, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1955, #20667, as  Illinois Terminal RR 776.  It was renumbered 1202, Class ES-12, in 1967 and became Norfolk & Western  1202 in November 1981.  It was retired in June 1987 and sold as SACo no number.


Southern Clays, Inc.

9 was built by Vulcan Iron Works in July 1920, #3070, as Stine Coal Mining Co 2.  It became Montvalls Coal Mining Co 2 and SCI 9 in August 1950.  It was sold to James Mashburn and resold to R A Whitefield in 1968.  It was sold and rebuilt nt Keystone Light Ry in 1971.  It was sold as Opryland RR 2 "Rachel" in 1972 and donated to Grapevine Vintage RR 2 in 2004.  It was considered for service between the station and the Gaylord but it will be on display.


Stone Mountain Scenic RR

General II was built by Baldwin in 1919, #52207, as Red River & Gulf 104. It was later sold to Comite Southern as 1 and then to Louisiana Eastern as 1. In October 1961 it was sold to Stone Mountain and "dooded up" to represent one of the locomotives from the Great Locomotive Chase.

Texas II was built by Baldwin in May 1922, #55390, as San Antonio & Aransas Pass 60. It later became Texas & New Orleans 220, Class E-40, in 1925. It was later renumbered 260 on August 31, 1950, and then sold to Comite Southern as 2 on September 14, 1954. It later became Louisiana Eastern 2 and was sold to SMSRR and dressed up as Texas II in May 1962.

3499, FP7A, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1950, #12343, as Cincinnati New Orleans & Texas Pacific 6147.  It was renumbered 3499 in 1971 and sold as New Georgia RR 3499 in April 1988.  It was sold as SMSRR 3499 in 1991.

1910 was built by St Louis Car in 1925, order #1380, as Johnstown Traction Co 358. It was a single end car which was later rebuilt as a double end car. When Johnstown abandoned its rail operations, it was acquired by SMS and was equipped with a gas engine.  It was then sent to Trolley Museum of New York in 1991 where it is being restored as JT 358.

454 was formerly Louisville & Nashville 454.


Universal Transportation Co.

1511, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1953, #17979, FN 5184-9, as Pittsburgh & Lake Erie Monongahela Ry as 1500 in December 1975.  It was then leased to North Texas Central as 1500 in July 1982.  It was later sold to Cimarron River Valley Ry as 1500 and then to Kyle RR as 1500.  It was then transferred to Natchez Trace RR as 1511.  It was sold as UTC 1511 and sold as Locomotive Sales & Leasing Corp 1511.


Valdosta Southern RR

Valdosta Ry.

In 1954, the new Valdosta Southern Railroad began operating the former Georgia & Florida line between Valdosta, Georgia, and Madison, Florida.  In 1992, the line was sold to Rail Management Corporation, which established the Valdosta Railway to operate it. In 2005, Rail Management sold all of its assets, including the Valdosta Railway, to Genesee & Wyoming Inc., which now operates the line through its Rail Link subsidiary.

184, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1950, #9081, as Georgia RR 1022. It was sold to Precision National and then resold as VS 184 in September 1983.

1284, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1957, #20151, as Illinois Central 9072.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in April 1968 as 8072 and sold as VS 1284 in 1984.

2207, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1951, #13185, FN 5054-10, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2664, Class 2650. It was rebuilt in Cleburne in September 1980 as 2207, Class 2050. It was retired in July 1991 and sold to Railtex in November 1991. It became Dallas Garland & NorthEastern 2207 in April 1992 and later it was sent to Salt Lake City Southern as 2207 in 1993. It then became Georgia Southwestern RR as 2207 in 2007 and became VR 2207 in March 2007.

 

Roster Information:  Eric Augatis

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

3/5/2017

1st Sunday in Lent

Memorial of Saint Adrian of Caesarea

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

We are Christians, and strangers on earth.  Let none of us be frightened; our native land is not in this world.

--St. Augustine