Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Missouri Short Lines and Industrial Railroads

 

Aluminum Ore Co.

E61 was built by Porter.

E62 was built by Porter.


Argee Corp.

35.160, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1964, #29240, FN 4463-2, as Kansas City Terminal Ry 71, Class 70.   It was sold to Mid America Car Co in August 1985 and then sold to Argee Corp as 35.160.  It was sold to VMV in July 1988 and then to Gibbs Railway Equipment.  It was sold to Elgin Joliet & Eastern as 322 in January 1989.


American Rolling Mills Corp.

Armco Steel Corporation

AK Steel Corporation

 

This is a national company.


Bevier & Southern RR

There is a special page on this abandoned coal hauler.


Branson Scenic RR

In addition to the wonderful music, Branson also has a scenic railway with pull-pull locomotives.

98, F7Au, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1951, #12668, as Baltimore & Ohio 369, Class DF-5. It was reclassified Class FE-3 in 1957 and renumbered 4566, Class F-7A, in 1964. It was rebuilt as Maryland Mass Transit Authority (MARC) 7183 and later renumbered 83. It was sold to BSRy as 83. After an accident and rebuilding using the nose of a Canadian National F9, it was renumbered 98.

99, GP30u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1963, #27690, as B&O 6973, Class FSE-5. It was reclassified Class GP-30 in 1964 and later rebuilt as Class GP-30M. It was later renumbered 4265 and then became CSX Transportation 4265, Class GP-30M. It was then sold to BSRy as 4265 and was later renumbered 99.

3118, lounge, was built by Budd in 1951, Lot 9628, as Pennsylvania RR 7130 "Casimir Pulaski", Class PP85.  It became Penn Central 7130 "Casimir Pulaski" in 1968 and Amtrak 3830 "Casimir Pulaski".  It was renumbered 3118 "Casimir Pulaski" and sold as BSRy 3118.

8503, diner, was built by Budd in 1956 as Chicago Burlington & Quincy 201 "Silver Chef".  It was sold as Amtrak 8054 "Silver Chef" and renumbered 8503.  It was sold as Broadway Diner Train 8503 "Silver Chef" in 1994 and resold as BSRy 8503 "Silver Chef" in  1999.


Cassville - Exeter Ry

2001, WE 65 Ton, was built by Plymouth in January 1932, as Joplin-Pittsburg RR 2001.  It was sold as C-W 2001 and sold to  Kansas City Public Service Freight Operation but apparently not used.


Central States Rail Associates, Inc.

Columbia Star Dinner Train

1950, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1953, #17852, FN 3151-A2, as Great Northern  464-A, Class F-3-7-A.  In 1970 it became Burlington Northern 684, Class F-7, and sold as Seattle & North Coast 102 in 1981. It was sold as Iowa Northern 102 in 1984 and later was sold as The Grand Traverse Train 1950 in 1996.  It was sold as CESX 1950 in February 2011.

1951, F7A, was built in October 1950, #11073, FN 3044-A3, as GN 364-A, Class P-3-7-A.  It became BN 9726, Class P-7, in 1970 and renumbered 704, Class F-7, on May 7, 1976.  It later became S&NC as 103 in December 1980 and later IANR 103 in 1984.  It was sold as TGTT 1951 in 1996 and sold as CESX 1951 in February 2011.

300A-300B, was built by Pullman Standard Co, as Texas & New Orleans 504-505.  It was transferred as Southern Pacific  2445-2446 and sold as Yreka Western RR 2445-2446.  It was resold as Grand Traverse Train 300A-300B, and resold as CESX 300A-300B. in February 2011.


Chillicothe-Brunswick Rail Authority

63, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1956, #22561, FN 5509-12, as Chesapeake & Ohio 6178, Class MRSE-17.  It was reclassified Class GP-9 in 1964 and sold as Indiana & Ohio 63.  It was sold CBRM as 63 in 1999 and resold as Progressive Rail Inc 63 in 2005.  It was sold as Black Hills Central 63 in 2008.

4485, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18236, FN 5186-9, as Chicago & North Western 1658.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein on July 2, 1979, as 4485.  It was retired in 1992 and sold to Kramer Diesel Supply,  It was sold as CBRM 4485 in December 1993.


City of St Louis Water Works

City of St Louis Dept of Parks & Recreation

1, GM15T, was built by Whitcomb in 1924, #11744, as St Louis Water Works 1.  It was repainted as St Louis Dept of Parks & Recreation 1 and given to National Museum of Transportation.  It was restored as Water Works 1.


Columbia Terminal RR

COLT is a short line railroad owned by the City of Columbia. It is currently operated by Columbia Water and Light. COLT provides service to Columbia from the main rail line in Centralia. The railroad was bought in 1987 from Norfolk Southern when they decided to no longer serve Columbia. Today the railroad handles over 1500 cars a year.

1, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1954, #19530, FN 4278-1, as Bauxite & Northern RR 11.  It was sold as Missouri Pacific 1260 and sold to Precision National Corp on June 14, 1985.  It was sold as COLT 1 in June 1987.


Gold Nugget Junction RR

4 was built by Baldwin in March 1912, #37564, as Klondike Mines Ry 4.  It was sold as White Pass & Yukon 4 in 1942 and sold to V Molitor as Oak Creek Central Ry 4 in 1955.  It was sold as Peppermint & Northwestern 4 in 1960 and John Galahgan as GNJ 4 in 1972.  It was purchased by Denny Hilton in 1980 and resold to Midwest Central RR in September 1984.  It was sold to the next month in October 1984 for Steve Wild and sold as Dry Gulch RR 4.  It was apparently never used and was offered for sale by 2010.


Great Lakes Carbon Corp.

7 was built by H K Porter Co in June 1941, #7319, as United States Navy 7.  It was sold as LaClede Gas & Light Co 7 in 1945 and became LaClede Gas Co 7 in 1953.  It was sold as GLCCorp 7 and donated to the National Museum of Transport in June 1963.

8, 50 Ton, was built by Plymouth, in March 1952, #5601.

15, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric.

7090.


GST Steel Co.

Grinding Systems LLC

AGS Steel Co

Onesteel Grinding Systems

8, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in 1952, #30997, as Armco Steel Corp 8.  It was sold as GST Steel Co 8.

9, 50 Ton, was built by General Electric in 1956, #32894, as Sheffield Steel Co 9.   It became Armco 9 and was sold as Grinding Systems LLC 9.  It became AGS Steel Co 9 and became Onesteel Grinding Systems 9. 


Hannibal Connecting RR

The HC was built in 1902 between Hannibal and Ilasco, 3 miles. It was controlled by Universal Atlas Cement Co and in 1931 had 4 locomotives, 37 cars, and 24 employes. By 1962 it was down to a couple of Alcos and was abandoned shortly afterwards.

601, 70 Ton, was built by Whitcomb in February 1944, #60382, as U S Army 8141, a 65 Ton locomotive. It was upgraded to 70 Tons in May 1947.

602, 70 Ton, was built by Whitcomb in March 1944, #60408, as U S Army 8402, a 65 Ton locomotive. It also was upgraded to 70 Tons in May 1947.

603, S1, was built by Alco in November 1940, #69383, as Newburg & South Shore 602. It was acquired by HC and renumbered 603. It was later returned to N&SS and sold to U S Steel Corp as 84 in 1966.

604, S1, was built by Alco in October 1942, #69863, as N&SS 607. It was acquired by HC and renumbered 604. It was later returned to N&SS and sold to U S Steel as 85 in 1966.


Jackson & Southern RR

J&S operates a former Missouri Pacific line between Jackson and Delta.

103, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1955, #20168, FN 5378-22, as Illinois Central 9089. It came to the J&S in September 1984.


JWG Co.

76, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1964, #29245, as Kansas City Terminal Ry 76.  It was sold as JWG Co 76 and later sold as Kochs Agri Service 76.  It became DeBruce Grain Co 76.


Kansas City Connecting RR

12.

13, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in September 1954, #32262.  It was sold to Cliffside RR as 13 in December 1970 and no information on disposition.


Kansas City Power & Light Co.

6, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in September 1949.  It was sold as Southwest Metal & Trade Co LE-202.

47, S2, was built by Alco in August 1947, #75369, as New York Chicago & St Louis 41, Class AS-10B.  It was retired on June 23, 1967, and sold to General Electric in November 1967.  It was sold as KCP&LCo 47 and donated to an unknown museum in 1986.

79, S6. was built by Alco in December 1955, #81430, as Southern Pacific 4643, Class DF-307.  It was reclassified as Class DS-607 in 1963 and renumbered 1279, Class AS409-5, in 1966.  It was sold as KCP&LCo 79 in 1979 and resold as Mid America Car Co 79.  It was sold as Continental Grain Co 79.

91, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1940, #1074, FN E310-7, as Chicago Burlington & Quincy 9147.  It became Burlington Northern 91, Class SW-1, in 1970 and retired in August 1983.  It was sold to Midwest Locomotive in November 1983 and leased as KCP&LCo 91.  It was returned as MWLX 91 and renumbered 1940 in 2010.

1237, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1951, #12556, FN 4074-6, as Missouri Pacific 9175.  It was renumbered as 1237 in 1961 and retired on March 19, 1984.  It was sold to Mid-America Car and leased to KCP&LCo as 1237.  It was returned to MAC and renumbered as 92.

6813, SSB1200, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1951, #13828, FN 6214-B1, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2419A, Class 2418, TR4B.  It was renumbered 1419A, Class 1418, on August 23, 1974, and retired on April 9, 1979.  It was rebuilt as 1245, Class 1214. SSB1200, on August 27, 1979, and retired on April 30, 1985.  It was sold as Cooperative Farm Chemicals 1245 on May 1, 1985, and retired on June 16, 1989.  It was sold KCP&LCo 6813 in August 1991 and sold to Watco Inc as WAMX 1211.


Kansas City Terminal Ry

There is a full page which includes construction photos of the Kansas City Union Station.


LaClede-Christy Co.

2 was built by Davenport in 1907, #643, and has been on display at the Museum of Transportation.


LaClede Gas & Light Co.

LaClede Gas Co.

7 was built by H K Porter Co in June 1941, #7319, as United States Navy 7.  It was sold as LCG&LCo 7 in 1945 and became LCGCo 7 in 1953.  It was sold as Great Lakes Carbon Corp 7 and donated to the National Museum of Transport in June 1963.


Lange-Stegmann Fertilizer, Inc.

1232, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1964, #29445, as Terminal RR of St Louis 1232, Class E.12.  It was sold as LSF 1232 in 1986.

FTRX 1345, MP15DC, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1975, #74791-1, FN 74791-1, as Missouri Pacific 1545.  It became Union Pacific 1345, Class MP15DC, on November 4, 1987, and was renumbered Y1345 on August 20, 2007. It was retired on July 15, 2013.  It was sold to Foster Townsend Rail Logistics as FTRX 1345 and leased to LSF.


Manufacturers Ry.

We have a full page on this line.


Meramec Sand & Gravel Co.

6, 40 Ton, was built by Plymouth in 1935, #3797, as E I duPont de Nemoirs Corp 6.  It was sold as MS&GCo 5 and sold as Delaware Coast Line RR 6.


Mid-America Car Co.

There is a full page on this rebuilder and leasor.


Midwest Locomotive Service, Inc.

Midwest Locomotive Inc.

Midwest Locomotive Leasing and Sales, Inc.

Comet Midwest Locomotive Inc.

There is a full page on this fallen flag rebuilder and leasor.


Midwest Rail Contractors

This is a subsidiary to Railworks.


Missouri & Northern Arkansas

There is a full page on this railroad.


Missouri Central RR

520, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1960, #33845, as Union Electric Co 1.  It was sold as MOC 520 in 1999 and sold as Trinity Industries 520.

1809, GP7Lu, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1951, #15707, as U. S. Army 1837. It became Alaska RR 1837 in April 1960. It was chop-nosed in 1965. In April 1977, it was rebuilt at Paducah and became 1809 on April 29, 1977.  It was sold to Alaska Metal Recycling Co in September 1998 and sold to BDL Co  as 1809 in 1999. It was then sold to Midwest Locomotive Co as 1809 in 1999 and sold as MWC 1809.


Missouri Farmers Association

1242, SW1200, Class E.12, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1965, #30012, as Terminal RR of St Louis 1242, Class E.12.  It was sold as MFAX 1242 in 2007.


Missouri Portland Cement Co.

1, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1958, #24573, FN 4418-1.  It became LaFarge Cement Co 1.


Ozark Valley RR

1306, GP7u, was built in by Electro-Motive inFebruary 1952, #15814, #5110-17, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe  2714, Class 2650.  It was rebuilt in August 1981 at Cleburne as 2020, Class 2000.  It became Burlington Northern Santa Fe 1306, Class GP-7, on March 24, 2000, and sold to Railroad Materials Salvage on October 2, 2007.  It was painted as Ozark Valley RR 1306 in 2008.


Peabody Coal Co.

There is a full page on this multi-state operation.


Saint Francois County Ry.

There are photos of this electric freight hauler.


Saint Joseph Belt Ry.

1, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1950, #11378, FN 6089-1.  It was sold to Wilson Railway Corp in 1985 and sold as South Dakota Wheat Growers 1 in October 1985.  It was resold as McLean Elevator Co 1.

5, SC, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1938, #718, FN E209-1, as Union Terminal Ry of St Joseph 5.  It was transferred as SJB 5 and renumbered 6005 in 1962.  It was sold to Precision Engineering Co on August 9, 1965, and sold as Pickens RR 3.  It was sold to Birmingham Rail and Locomotive and sold to Duke Power.  It was sent to Chattahoochee Locomotive and rebuilt with a Cummins engine as Duke 117 for the Cherokee Nuclear Power Plant.  When it was halted in 1982, it was sold as Thermal Belt Ry 1.


Saint Louis & Chain of Rocks RR

406, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1949, #8576, as Chicago & North Western 4086A. It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 406 in December 1971. It was retired on December 31, 1977, and sold to Regional Transportation Authority (Metra) as 406. It was leased back for operation. It was retired by RTA on May 2, 1983, and sold to SLCR as 406 in May 1985.

409, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1949, #8568, FN E1188-A21, as C&NW 4082A.  It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 409 in December 1971.  It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW.  It was retired on May 2, 1983, and sold to SLCR as 409 in May 1985.  It was sold to Minnesota Zephyr Limited as MZL 788.


Saint Louis & Hannibal RR

22 was built by Baldwin in February 1918, #47899, for Imperial Russian State Rys but it was diverted as United States Railway Administration as 1139.  It was sold as StL&H 22 and resold as Chicago Springfield & St Louis RR 22 in 1928.  It apparently made one trip but was too heavy.  It was scrapped in 1933.

.


Saint Louis & O'Fallon Ry.

8 was built by Baldwin in 1927, #59760. It became Manufacturers Ry 8 and later was sold to River Terminal Ry as 47. It was then sold to Republic Steel Corp as 294.


Saint Louis Car Co.

This was the manufacturer of traction and railway cars.


Saint Louis Iron Mountain & Southern

5 was built by Porter in July 1945, #7995, as Central Illinois Public Service Co 5.  It was donated to the MidContinent Railway Museum in 1964 and later sold as Crab Orchard & Egyptian 5.  It was converted to a tender locomotive and was later sold to the SLIM&S as 5.

4452, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1957, #23388, FN 5542-21, as Chesapeake & Ohio 6229, Class MRSE-17, a GP9.  It was reclassified Class GP-9 in 1964 and sold as Precision National Corp 1706 in July 1973.  It was sold to C&NW and rebuilt as 4452 on May 14, 1980.  It was retired on October 15, 1990, and sold as St Louis Iron Mountain & Southern Ry 4452.  It was sold as Illinois Transit Assembly Corp 4452 and became Gateway Rail Services 4452.

5898, E8A, was built in March 1951, #13113, as Pennsylvania RR 5898A, Class EP-22. It was renumbered 4298 in 1966 and became Penn Central 4298, Class EP-22 in 1968. It went to Amtrak as 305 in 1973 and was rebuilt in December 1974 as 497. It was later sold to Metro-North Commuter as 497 and later sold to Reading Blue Mountain & Northern. It has been restored as PRR 5898, Class EP-22, and sold to St Louis Iron Mountain & Southern in 1998.


Saint Louis Material & Supply Co.

17 was built by Baldwin in 1896, #15038, as Georgia RR 49.  It was renumbered 722 and renumbered 724.  It was sold to East St Louis Junction RR 17 in 1941 and sold as StLMS 17 in 1950.  It became Basic Materials and given to National Museum of Transportation in April 1964.  It was restored as Georgia RR 724 and given a wild paint scheme later.


Scullin Steel Co.

95 was built by Baldwin in July 1906, #28567, as St Louis-San Francisco 3695.  It was sold as Scullin 95 in 1937 and donated to National Museum of Transport in March 1956.

7, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1953, #18349, FN 4179-3, as Southern Pacific 4614, Class DF-303.  It was reclassified Class DS-603 and renumbered 1119, Class ES408-3, in 1966.  It was sold to Precision National Corp as PNCX 1119 and sold as Scullin Steel Co 7.


Sheffield Steel Corp.

This is an interstate company.


Smoky Hill Railway & Historical Society

Belton Grandview & Kansas City RR

102, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1956, #22050, FN 5467-34, as Chesapeake & Ohio 6142, Class MRSE-17.  It was reclassified Class GP-9 in 1964 and sold as Huron & Eastern 102.  It was sold as Idaho Northern & Pacific 102 in November 1993 and returned as HESR 102 in 1994.  It was sold to Western Rail Inc as WRIX 102 in 1995 and sold as SHRX 102 in 1996.


South Kansas & Oklahoma RR

We have a full page on this line which serves part of Missouri.


Springfield Railway Services

The former Frisco shops in Springfield were operated by the SRSC which became part of Trinity Industries.

77, SW7, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1951, #10184, as St. Louis-San Francisco 302. It became Burlington Northern 77, Class SW7, in December 1980 and was retired in February 1987. In March 1987 it was sold to SRS.

209, S2, was built by Alco in August 1945, #73622, as Manufacturers RR 209. It was later sold to SRS as 209.


Union Terminal Ry. of St. Joseph

5, SC, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1938, #718, FN E209-1.  It was transferred as St Joseph Belt Ry 5 and renumbered 6005 in 1962.  It was sold to Precision Engineering Co on August 9, 1965, and sold as Pickens RR 3.  It was sold to Birmingham Rail and Locomotive and sold to Duke Power.  It was sent to Chattahoochee Locomotive and rebuilt with a Cummins engine as Duke 117 for the Cherokee Nuclear Power Plant.  When it was halted in 1982, it was sold as Thermal Belt Ry 1.

 


Wabash & Grand River Ry.

7802, RS3m, was built by Alco in March 1953, #80243, as Central RR of New Jersey 1549, Class FPSD-46.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 5379, Class RS-3, and rebuilt as 9931, Class RS-3M, in 1979.  It was sold as West Jersey Short Line Inc 93 in 1985 and renumbered 7802.  It became West Jersey RR 7802 and sold  as W&GR 7802.  It was sold as Fort Smith RR 7802 on November 8, 1991.  It was transferred as Pioneer Railcorp 102 and later became Pioneer Industrial RR 102.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

3/4/2017

Memorial of Saint Owen

Choose Life.


Home Page

 

Don's Depot

 

Act, and God will act, work and He will work.

---St. Joan of Arc