Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Washington Short Lines and Industrial Railroads

 

Alpine Lumber Co.

21 was built by Lima on January 19, 1907, #1810, for Hofius Steel & Equipment Co.  It was sold as Sultan Ry & Timber Co 21 and resold as Sauk River Lumber Co 21.  It was sold to Willamette Iron & Steel Works on July 28, 1926, and sold as Buffelen Lumber & Manufacturing Co 21.  It was sold to O W Brown Locomotive & Supply Co and sold as Alpine 21 on November 29, 1972.  It was sold as Security Timber Co 21 on May 17, 1929, and scrapped in June 1936.


Anacortes RR

1 was built by H K Porter in 1909, #4322, as Homestake Gold Mining Co 22.  It was sold to Tommy Thomson in 1965 and rebuilt as Anacortes RR 1 between 1965 and 1986.  He passed away in 1999 and sent to Georgetown Powerplant Museum.  It was sold to Anacortes Historical Society in 2012.


Andron Logging Co.

5 was built by Lima on May 26, 1916, #2858, for Hofius Steel & Equipment as Rucker Brothers 7.  It became Hartford Eastern Ry 7 and sold as Discovery Bay Logging Co 7 on March 14, 1919.  It was sold as Hama Hama Lumber Co 2 on September 8, 1924, and resold as ALCo 5 on August 17, 1938.  It was sold to Sundfeldt Equipment on October 23, 1941, and scrapped in April 1945.


Ballard Terminal RR

98, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1940, #1045, FN E298-7, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 1619, Class 6E-S.  It was renumbered 956 in 1959 and 869 in January 1973.  It was retired in April 1980 and sold as Seattle & North Coast Ry 52 in May 1980.  It was sold as Olympic RR 52 in 1988 and sold as BRTT  98 in 1998.


Boeing Aircraft Co.

B-30, 30DM35A, was built by Whitcomb in September 1944, #40288.  It was sold as Union Pacific no number in November 1971 and retired on February 24, 1978.


Buffelen Lumber & Manufacturing Co.

21 was built by Lima on January 19, 1907, #1810, for Hofius Steel & Equipment Co.  It was sold as Sultan Ry & Timber Co 21 and resold as Sauk River Lumber Co 21.  It was sold to Willamette Iron & Steel Works on July 28, 1926, and sold as Buffelen 21.  It was sold to O W Brown Locomotive & Supply Co and sold as Alpine Lumber Co 21 on November 29, 1972.  It was sold as Security Timber Co 21 on May 17, 1929, and scrapped in June 1936.


Central Puget Sound Regional Transportation Authority

Sound Transit

902, F59PHI, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1999, #986906-2, FN 986906-2.


Chehalis Western RR

This is a Weyerhauser logger.


Coast Engine & Equipment Co.

217, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1957, #22760, FN 4374-8, as Northern Pacific 158.  It became Burlington Northern 217, Class SW-12, in 1970 and sold as CE&E 217 in December 1986.  It was sold as Pacific Rail Services 217 in 2009.

301, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1957, #22737, FN 5505-18, as Northern Pacific 334.  It became Burlington Northern 1919, Class GP-9, in 1970 and sold as CEECo 301 in February 1985.  It was sold as Washington Central RR 301 in 1986 and sold to Burlington Northern Santa Fe in 1996 but not used.  It was sold to Livingston Rebuild Center in June 1997 and retired in November 13, 2000.  It was sold Birmingham Rail & Locomotive Co and sold as LaFarge Cement Co 1951 in January 2009.

302, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #22719, FN 5504-12, as NP 316.  It became BN 1754, Class GP-9, in 1970 and retired in December 1985.  It was sold to General Metals Co in February 1986 and sold as CEECo 302 in September 1986.  It was sold as WCRR 302 "Lilly" in 1986 and sold to Burlington Northern Santa Fe in 1996 but not used.  It was sold to Livingston Rebuild Center in June 1997 and retired on September 22, 2000.  It was sold as Columbia Basin RR 302.


Columbia Basin RR

166, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1959, #25266, FN 5600-8, as Duluth Missabe & Iron Range 166, Class RS-4. It was sold to Diesel Supply in 1998 and resold to CBRW 166 in 1999.

302, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #22719, FN 5504-12, as Northern Pacific 316.  It became Burlington Northern 1754, Class GP-9, in 1970 and retired in December 1985.  It was sold to General Metals Co in February 1986 and sold as Coast Engine & Equipment Co 302 in September 1986.  It was sold as Washington Central RR 302 "Lilly" in 1986 and sold to Burlington Northern Santa Fe in 1996 but not used.  It was sold to Livingston Rebuild Center in June 1997 and retired on September 22, 2000.  It was sold as CBRW 302.

1626, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1957, #22731, FN 5505-12, as NP 328. It became BN 1913, Class GP-9, in 1970 and later BNSF 1626, Class GP-9.in June 1998.  It was sold as CBRW 1626 in 2000.

2087, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1967, #33718, FN 7060-88, as Chesapeake & Ohio 3887, Class GP-38.  It was later 2087 and then became CSX Transportation 2087, Class GP-38.  It was sold as Washington Central RR 2087 in 1993 and resold as CBRR 2087 in 1996.

2184, GP-38, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1967, #33066, FN 5724-5, as Clinchfield RR 2004.  It was rebuilt by Electro-Motive in November 1973.  It became Seaboard System 6275 in January 1983 and renumbered 2184.  It became CSX 2184, Class GP-38, in April 1986.  It was sold as WCRC 2184 and resold as CBRR 2184 in 1996.


Columbia Business Park

102, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in February 1956, #32413, as Pacific Lumber Co 102.  It was retired in 1992 and purchased by Samuels on June 13, 1994.  It was leased to Columbia Business Park on January 23, 1995, and sold as CBPX 102 on October 29, 1997.


Continental Grain Co.

There is a full page covering this multi-site grain company.


Cowlitz Chehalis & Cascade

The CC&C was incorporated in 1916 as successor to the Washington Electric Ry. The first 18 miles was opened from Chehalis to Onalaska in 1918 and the final 14 miles to Cowlitz was finished in 1928. The total projected line was 170 miles, but it never got beyond the 32 miles. It was abandoned without ever owning a diesel.

20 was built by Schenectady in February 1897, #4524, as Northern Pacific 14,  Class X.  It was sold on September 1, 1936, as CC&C 20.

15 was built by Baldwin in September 1916, #44106, and was the first locomotive on the line. It has been plinthed at Chehalis but is listed as operational.


Curtis Milburn & Eastern RR

In 1979 this railroad took over trackage from the Chehalis Western from Chehalis to Curtis in 1979. It is now abandoned.

684, C415, was built by Alco in July 1968, #6003-01, as Chehalis Western 684.


Discovery Bay Logging Co.

7 was built by Lima on May 26, 1916, #2858, for Hofius Steel & Equipment as Rucker Brothers 7.  It became Hartford Eastern Ry 7 and sold as DBLCo 7 on March 14, 1919.  It was sold as Hama Hama Lumber Co 2 on September 8, 1924, and resold as Andron Logging Co 5 on August 17, 1938.  It was sold to Sundfeldt Equipment on October 23, 1941, and scrapped in April 1945.


Frontier Rail Corp.

2802, GP49, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1983, #837049-2, FN 837049-2, as Alaska RR 2802.  It was sold to Helm Leasing in 2006 and sold to National Railway Equipment Co in December 2006.  It was sold as Frontier 2802.


General Metals of Tacoma, Inc.

01, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric.


Golden Pacific RR

2100, Class T-1, was built by Baldwin in 1925 as Reading RR 2045, Class I-10sa.  It was rebuilt as 2100, Class T-1, in September 1945.  It was sold to Striegel Supply & Equipment in 1965 and sold to Ross E Rowland in 1975.  It was stored in 1987 and sold to 2100 Corporation.  It was rebuilt and ran several trips.  It was donated to Portage Ohio Regional Transportation Authority but never used and sold to RailLink Ltd in January 1998,  It was sold to GPRR  in June 2005.


Hama Hama Logging Co.

2 was built by Lima on May 26, 1916, #2858, for Hofius Steel & Equipment as Rucker Brothers 7.  It became Hartford Eastern Ry 7 and sold as Discovery Bay Logging Co 7 on March 14, 1919.  It was sold as HHLCo 2 on September 8, 1924, and resold as Andron Logging Co 5 on August 17, 1938.  It was sold to Sundfeldt Equipment on October 23, 1941, and scrapped in April 1945.


Harbor Plywood Corp.

804 was built by Alco in March 1925, #66277, as Mount Emily Lumber Co 2.  It was sold as Long-Bell Lumber Co 804 and sold as HPCo 804.  It was scrapped by 1959.


Hartford Eastern Ry.

Rucker Brothers

7 was built by Lima on May 26, 1916, #2858, for Hofius Steel & Equipment as Rucker Brothers 7.  It became HERy 7 and sold as Discovery Bay Logging Co 7 on March 14, 1919.  It was sold as Hama Hama Lumber Co 2 on September 8, 1924, and resold as Andron Logging Co 5 on August 17, 1938.  It was sold to Sundfeldt Equipment on October 23, 1941, and scrapped in April 1945.


Inland Empire Paper Co.

388 was built by Rhode Island in 1890, as Northern Pacific 388, Class E-4.  It was sold as IEPCo 388.


Inland Pacific Rail

"Yellowstone Park" was built by Budd in 1954 as Northern Pacific 213.  It was painted for leasing to Illinois Central in 1965 and 1967.  It was assigned as Burlington Northern 1443 in 1970 but never applied and became Amtrak 9214.  It was sold as IPRX "Yellowstone Park" in January 1993.


Kalama Import Co.

632, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1954, #20062, FN 4268-8, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 2027, Class 12E-S.  It was renumbered 632 in 1959 and retired in June 1983.  It was sold to Independent Locomotive Service Co in January 1984 and sold as Peavey Co 632 in 1984.  It became KICo 632.


Kettle Falls International Ry.

There is an Omnitrax company.


Kosmos Timber Co.

100, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1953, 19306, FN 4257-1.  It was sold as A O Smith Corp 100 and sold as Minnesota Commercial RR 110.


LaFarge Cement Co.

There is an international company.


Lewis & Clark RR

80, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1953, #17160, FN 4165-2, as Texas & New Orleans 13, Class DF-302.  It was reclassified Class DS-602, in 1963, and became Southern Pacific 1105, Class ES408-2, in 1966.  It was sold as LINC 80 in 1984 and sold as East Portland Traction Co 803 in 1996.  It became Oregon Pacific RR 803 in 1997 and sold as Western Rail 803 in June 2010.

81, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1954, #19495, FN 4246-1, as SP 4622, Class DS-304.  It was reclassified Class DS-604 in 1963 and renumbered 1127, Class ES408-4, in 1965.    It was sold as LINC 81 in 1984 and sold as EPTC 802 in 1996.  It in the progress of rebuilding and renumbering as OPR 1127.

120, SW9, was built by General Motors in December 1950, #A115, FN C101-4, as Great Northern 15, Class SW-7. It became Burlington Northern 147, Class SW-9, in 1970 and was retired in October 1985. It was sold to Northern Rail Services in November 1985 and then to L&CRR as 120 in July 1987. It was later sold to Atlantic Richfield Oil Co at Long Beach, CA, as 120 in April 1990.

LMLX 439, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1955, #20214, FN 5365-50, as Southern Pacific 5436, Class DF-122.  It was renumbered 3914, Class EF618-3, in 1965 and rebuilt as 4439, Class EF618-1.  It was sold to Rail Link as 439 and leased as Tacoma Eastern Ry 439 in 1995.  It was sold as Livingston Mountain Locomotive Works as LMLX 439 in 1998 and leased to Portland & Western RR.  It was leased to L&C and leased as Yreka Western RR 439.  It was sold to Western Rail Inc as WRIX 439.


Livington Mountain Locomotive Works

439, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1955, #20214, FN 5365-50, as Southern Pacific 5436, Class DF-122.  It was renumbered 3914, Class EF618-3, in 1965 and rebuilt as 4439, Class EF618-1.  It was sold to Rail Link as 439 and leased as Tacoma Eastern Ry 439 in 1995.  It was sold as LMLX 439 in 1998 and leased to Portland & Western RR.  It was leased to Lewis & Clark Ry and leased as Yreka Western RR 439.  It was sold to Western Rail Inc as WRIX 439.


Mason County Logging Co.

7 was built by Baldwin in May 1910, #34666,  It was sold as Port of Olympia 2 in April 1928 and sold to Charles Morro in March 1955.  It was sold to Chris Baldo in 1988.


Charles R. McCormick Lumber Co.

4 was built by Baldwin in June 1926, #59284.  It was sold as Pope & Talbot Lumber Co 100 in June 1938 and sold as Santa Maria Valley RR 100 in 1942.  It was sold as White Mountain Scenic Ry 100 in 1962 and sold as Wasatch Mountain Ry 100 in 1976.  It was sold to Fred Kepner Estate in 1999.

101 was built by Baldwin in December 1929, #61159.  It was sold as United States Army 101 in 1938 and sold as Comox Logging & RR Co 18 in 1944.  It was sold to West Coast Railway Association in July 1964.


P. J. McHugh Co.

2.


Mon-Road RR

557 was built by Baldwin in December 1944, #70490 as United States Army 3523. It came to Alaska RR in 1945 as 557, and it was retired in June 1963. It was sold to Michaelson Steel & Supply Co in 1964 and became Mon-Road 557 in 1965.


Mount Rainer Scenic RR

10 was built by Climax in March 1928, #1968, as Hillcrest Lumber Co 3  It was renumbered 10 and sold as Victoria Pacific Ry 10 in October 1969.  It was sold MRSRR 10 in 1979 and is painted as Hutchison Lumber Co 10.


Mount Vernon Terminal Ry.

This railroad was formed in 1939 to take over trackage abandoned by the Puget Sound & Cascade Ry which had acquired the trackage in Mount Vernon from the Pacific Northwest Traction in 1933.

505, VO1000, was built by Baldwin in December 1944, #70290, as U S Navy Bemerton 11.  It was sold to MVT as 505 in 1985 and retired in 1994.

1200, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1953, #17822, FN 4133-18, as Union Pacific 1842, Class SW9. In 1993 TMBL sold it to the MVT. It was wrecked at Albina, OR, in July 1977 and retired in October 1977.  It was sold it to Precision National sold it to Tacoma Municipal Belt Line Ry as 1200 in July 1978. In August 1993 and sold it to MVT as 1200.


Newaukum Valley RR

521 was built by Alco-Brooks in May 1914, #54734, as Chicago & Illinois Midland 21.  It was renumbered 521, Class E-1, in 1927 and sold to Georgia Car & Locomotive Co in November 1940.  It was sold in December 1940 as  NV 521 and sold to William Shenker in January 1943.  It was sold to Southern Pacific and set up as 3297, Class Mk-11, on January 16, 1943.  It was retired on September 8, 1953, and scrapped at Brooklyn on November 20, 1953.

522 was built by Alco-Brooks in May 1914, #54735. as C&IM 22.  It was renumbered 522, Class E-1, in 1927 and sold to Georgia Car & Locomotive Co in November 1940,  It was sold in December 1940 as NV 522 and sold to William Shenker in January 1943.  It was sold to SP and set up as 3298, Class Mk-11, on April 1, 1943.  It was retired on September 2, 1954, at Brooklyn and sold for scrap to Oregon Steel Mills on October 11, 1954. 


Olympic Portland Cement Co.

103 was built by Alco-General Electric in July 1907, #44034, 2652, as Portland Railway Light & Power Co 1405.  It was rebuilt by Skagit Steel & Iron Co in December 1940, #103, as OPC 103 and sold to Canadian Forest Products Co in May 1970.


Olympic RR

52, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1940, #1045, FN E298-7, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 1619, Class 6E-S.  It was renumbered 956 in 1959 and 869 in January 1973.  It was retired in April 1980 and sold as Seattle & North Coast Ry 52 in May 1980.  It was sold as OLY 52 in 1988 and sold as Ballard Terminal RR 98 in 1998.


Ostrander Ry. & Timber Co.

5, Heisler, was built in 1924, #1501. It later became Big Creek & Telocaset RR 5. Disposition is unknown.


Pacific Rail Services

217, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1957, #22760, FN 4374-8, as Northern Pacific 158.  It became Burlington Northern 217, Class SW-12, in 1970 and sold as Coast Engine & Equipment Co 217 in December 1986.  It was sold as PRS 217 in 2009.

 

921, S4, was built by Alco in December 1953, #80965, as Northern Pacific 721.  It became Burlington Northern 921, Class ASW-10, in 1970 and sold to Tacoma Municipal Belt Line Ry as 921 in 1972.  It was sold as PRS 921 in 1989.


Pacific Transportation Service Co.

101, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1948, #5744, FN E941-2, as Spokane Portland & Seattle 41. It became Burlington Northern 594, Class NW-2, in 1970 and was retired in May 1982. It was sold on June 1982 to PTS as 101 in June 1982 and later sold to Peter Replinger as 101. It was later sold to Mountain Diesel Corp as 101 and then Diesel Supply Co.

122, H10-44, was built by Fairbanks Morse in May 1949, #10L148, as Chehalis Western RR 492. It was sold to PTS as 122 and sold to Continental Grain Co as 122 in 1982. It was later scrapped.

1001, NW5, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1946, #3480, FN E687-2, as Great Northern 187, Class RS-2.  It became BN 987, Class NW-5, in 1970 and retired in July 1982.  It was sold a PTS 1001 in August 1982 and resold to Pete Replinger as 187.  It was sold as Oregon Pacific RR 187 and is stored.


Pend Oreille Valley RR

101, GP-9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955 #20307, as Northern Pacific 220. It became Burlington Northern 1846, Class GP-9, in 1970 and it was retired June 1985. It was sold to Coast Engine & Equipment in August 1985 and to Pend Orielle Valley 2nd 101 in November 1985.

102, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #22718, FN 5504-11, as NP 315. It became BN 1753, Class GP-9, in 1970 and was retired July 1985. It was sold to Coast Engine & Equipment in August 1985 and then became POVR 2nd 102 in November 1985.

103, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric on December 1956, #32679, as Lehigh Portland Cement Co 1.  The plant became LaFarge Cement Co 1.  1 was donated to the local Lions Club and operated as POVA 103 in 1998.  It was sold to Almanor RR but never relettered.  When Almanor abandoned, it was sold as Oregon Shortline LLC 70 in November 2011. 

8310, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1954, #19228, as Union Pacific 152B. a GP9B. It was rebuilt in September 1977 as Illinois Central Gulf 8310 and sold to Pandorail on May 16, 1998.   It became POVR 8310 in 1998.


Phoenix Lumber Co.

2 was built by Lime on May 22, 1907, #1917.  It was wreck on May 11, 1921, and rebuilt by Holius Steel & Equipment Co.  It was sold  as Washington Lumber & Spar Co 2 on October 8, 1924, and sold through J A Porter on February 25, 1928, to St Paul & Tacoma Lumber Co 1.  It was scrapped.


Pope & Talbot Lumber Co.

100 was built by Baldwin in June 1926, #59284, as Charles R. McCormick Lumber Co 4.  It was sold as P&TLCo 100 in June 1938 and sold as Santa Maria Valley RR 100 in 1942.  It was sold as White Mountain Scenic Ry 100 in 1962 and sold as Wasatch Mountain Ry 100 in 1976.  It was sold to Fred Kepner Estate in 1999.


Port of Olympia

2 was built by Baldwin in May 1910, #34666, as Mason County Logging Co 7.  It was sold as PofO 2 in April 1928 and sold to Charles Morro in March 1955.  It was sold to Chris Baldo in 1988.


Port Townsend & Southern

This railroad connected with the Milwaukee Road.

858 appears to be a former Northern Pacific locomotive.


Port Townsend RR

11, 65 Ton, was built by Whitcomb in October 1953, #61198. It was purchased from Whitcomb in October 1954 where it was a demonstrator and later was sold to Continental Grain Co as 11.


Puget Sound & Baker River Ry.

2801, HH600, was built by Alco in January 1938, #69045, as Chicago & Eastern Illinois 102.  It was sold to Exporting & Importing Co on August 29, 1949.  It was sold as Pine Flat Contractors 2801 and resold as Guy F Atkinson Co  2801.  It was sold as PS&BR 95 and became Scott Paper Co 3.  It was scrapped.


Puget Sound & Pacific Ry.

This is a RailAmerica line.


Rayonier, Inc.

There is a full page on this logger.


Peter Replinger

101, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1948, #5744, FN E941-2, as Spokane Portland & Seattle 41. It became Burlington Northern 594, Class NW-2, in 1970 and was retired in May 1982. It was sold on June 1982 to Pacific Transportation Services as 101 in June 1982 and later sold to Peter Replinger as 101. It was later sold to Mountain Diesel Corp as 101 and then Diesel Supply Co.

187, NW5, Class RS-2, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1946, #3480, FN E687-2, as Great Northern 187, Class RS-2.  It became BN 987, Class NW-5, in 1970 and retired in July 1982.  It was sold as Pacific Transportation Services 1001 in August 1982 and resold to Pete Replinger as 187.  It was sold as Oregon Pacific RR 187 and is stored.


Saginaw Timber Co.

2 was built by Baldwin in December 1912, #38967.   Her 44-inch diameter drivers produce great pulling power and flangeless center drivers allow for operation on tight curves found on logging railroads. 2 is an oil-burner, a preferred fuel for logging engines to eliminate hot cinders that could pose a fire hazard. 2 served several lumber companies. Northwest Lumber Co., 1914-1929; Polson Brothers Lumber Co., 1929-1948; Rayonier, 1948-1962) before going to the Cadillac & Lake City Ry in 1962. In June 1973 it went to the Kettle Moraine RR as 2 and then went to Mid-Continent Railway Museum in 1982. 2 was then restored to her 1912 as-built appearance with newly fabricated box headlights and tender toolboxes (she still uses her original tender). In 1999, 2 was repainted and subsequently relettered to represent her career for Polson Brothers from 1928 to 1948. As of August 2000, 2 is out service, receiving heavy boiler repairs to bring her to compliance with new Part 230 FRA (Federal Railroad Administration) regulations required in 2001.


St. Paul & Tacoma Lumber Co.

1 was built by Lime on May 22, 1907, #1917, as Phoenix Lumber Co 2.  It was wreck on May 11, 1921, and rebuilt by Holius Steel & Equipment Co.  It was sold  as Washington Lumber & Spar Co 2 on October 8, 1924, and sold through J A Porter on February 25, 1928, to StP&TCo 1.  It was scrapped.


Sauk River Lumber Co.

21 was built by Lima on January 19, 1907, #1810, for Hofius Steel & Equipment Co.  It was sold as Sultan Ry & Timber Co 21 and resold as SRLCo 21.  It was sold to Willamette Iron & Steel Works on July 28, 1926, and sold as Buffelen Lumber & Manufacturing Co 21.  It was sold to O W Brown Locomotive & Supply Co and sold as Alpine Lumber Co 21 on November 29, 1972.  It was sold as Security Timber Co 21 on May 17, 1929, and scrapped in June 1936.

23 was built by Willamette Iron & Steel Works on March 29, 1926, #22.  It was scrapped about 1941.


Seattle & North Coast RR

52, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1940, #1045, FN E298-7, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 1619, Class 6E-S.  It was renumbered 956 in 1959 and 869 in January 1973.  It was retired in April 1980 and sold as S&NC 52 in May 1980.  It was sold as Olympic RR 52 in 1988 and sold as Ballard Terminal RR 98 in 1998.

56, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1954, #20078, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 2043, Class 12E-S. It was renumbered 648 in 1959 and sold to S&NC 56 in April 1980. It was later sold to Coast Engine & Equipment in July 1985 and sold to National Railway Equipment.  It was leased as Indiana Harbor Belt 2256 in 1995 and sold to IHB in 2008.  It was retired in June 2011 and scrapped.  .

101, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1960, #11066, as Great Northern 274B, Class F-3-7-A. In 1970 it became Burlington Northern 610, Class F-7, and in 1981 it became S&NC 101.  It was sold as Daylight Locomotive Works 274 in 1994.

102, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1953, #17852, as GN 464-A, Class F-3-7-A.  In 1970 it became BN  684, Class F-7, and sold as S&NC 102 in 1981. It was sold as Iowa Northern 102 in 1984 and later was sold as The Great Traverse Train 1950 in 1996.  It was sold to Central States Rail Associates Inc as CESX 1950 in February 2011.

103, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1950, #11073, FN 3044-A3, as GN 364-A, Class P-3-7-A.  It became BN 9726, Class P-7, in 1970 and renumbered 704, Class F-7, on May 7, 1976.  It later became S&NC as 103 in December 1980 and later IANR 103 in 1984.  It was sold as TGTT 1951 in 1996 and sold as CESX 1951 in February 2011.


Seattle Steel Co.

191, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1956, #21103, FN 4338-2, as Northern Pacific 132.  It became Burlington Northern 191, Class SW-12, in 1970 and retired in August 1986.  It was sold to General Metals Co in November 1986 and sold to Titan Rail Services in February 1987 as TANX 191.  It was sold as SEST 191 in March 1987.


Security Timber Co.

21 was built by Lima on January 19, 1907, #1810, for Hofius Steel & Equipment Co.  It was sold as Sultan Ry & Timber Co 21 and resold as Sauk River Lumber Co 21.  It was sold to Willamette Iron & Steel Works on July 28, 1926, and sold as Buffelen Lumber & Manufacturing Co 21.  It was sold to O W Brown Locomotive & Supply Co and sold as Alpine Lumber Co 21 on November 29, 1972.  It was sold as Security 21 on May 17, 1929, and scrapped in June 1936.


Simpson Logging Co.

Simpson Timber Co.

7 was built by Lima in January 1924, #3248, was built for Phoenix Logging Co but cancelled.  Phoenix was taken over by Simpsom.  It was sold as SLCo 7 "Ed Elliot"  It was out of service in 1957 and donated to Shelton Chamber of Commerce in May 1959.

1202 "City of Montesano", SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1959, #25046, FN 4426-4, as Fort Worth & Denver 610.  It became Burlington Northern 259, Class SW-12, in January 1972 and retired in May 1983.  It was sold to Pacific Transportation Services in June 1983 and sold as STCo 1202 "City of Montesano" in September 1983.


Sultan Ry & Timber Co.

21 was built by Lima on January 19, 1907, #1810, for Hofius Steel & Equipment Co.  It was sold as Sultan 21 and resold as Sauk River Lumber Co 21.  It was sold to Willamette Iron & Steel Works on July 28, 1926, and sold as Buffelen Lumber & Manufacturing Co 21.  It was sold to O W Brown Locomotive & Supply Co and sold as Alpine Lumber Co 21 on November 29, 1972.  It was sold as Security Timber Co 21 on May 17, 1929, and scrapped in June 1936.


Tacoma Eastern Ry.

439, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1955, #20214, FN 5365-50, as Southern Pacific 5436, Class DF-122.  It was renumbered 3914, Class EF618-3, in 1965 and rebuilt as 4439, Class EF618-1.  It was sold to Rail Link as 439 and leased as TE 439 in 1995.  It was sold as Livingston Mountain Locomotive Works as LMLX 439 in 1998 and leased to Portland & Western RR.  It was leased to Lewis & Clark Ry and leased as Yreka Western RR 439.  It was sold to Western Rail Inc as WRIX 439.


Tacoma Municipal Belt Line Ry.

Tacoma Rail

903, 65 Ton, was built by Whitcomb in June 1944, #60501, as United States Army 8495. It was sold to TMBL as 903 in December 1947 and sold for scrap in December 1969.

907, S3, was built by Alco in October 1950, #78395, as Washington Idaho & Montana 30. It was sold as TMBL 907 in 1962 and later sold to Solano Rail Car Co in January 1979. It then became Brandon Rail 71 in 1982.

921, S4, was built by Alco in December 1953, #80965, as Northern Pacific 721.  It became Burlington Northern 921, Class ASW-10, in 1970 and sold to TMBL as 921 in 1972.  It was sold as Pacific Rail Services 921 in 1989.

931, S4, was built by Alco in October 1950, #78415, as Illinois Northern Ry 31.  It was sold as TMBL 931 in April 1973 and became a parts source by 1984.

1200, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1953, #17822, FN 4133-18, as Union Pacific 1842, Class SW9. It was wrecked at Albina, OR, in July 1977 and retired in October 1977.  It was sold it to Precision National sold it to TMBL as 1200 in July 1978. In August 1993 and sold it to the Mount Vernon Terminal as 1200.

2003, GP21, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1960, #26047, as UP 702, GP20.  It was renumbered 472 in December 1962 and retired in August 1978.  It was sold to Precision National Corp in November 1978 and rebuilt as GP21.  It was sold as South East Coal Co in April 1979 and sold to National Ry Equipment Co on March 30, 1991.  It was leased as Arizona & California 2003 in May 1991 and returned as NREX 2003.  It was leased as TMBL 2003 in 1999 and returned as NREX 2003 in August 2011.

3001, SD40R, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1968, #34279, FN 7125-3, as Penn Central 6237, Class EF-36, SD45.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 6237, Class SD-45, in April 1976 and to Chicago & North Western where it became 6564 on January 30, 1984.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment as NREX 6564 in June 1994 and rebuilt as TRMW 3001, SD40R, in 2001.


Tri-City & Olympia RR

25, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1959, #25012, as Colorado & Southern 832.  It was renumbered 6227, Class SD-9, in August 1979 and became Burlington Northern 6227, Class SD-9, in January 1928.  It became Burlington Northern Santa Fe 6115, Class SD-9, in August 1999.  It was renumbered 1735 on October 11, 2005, and sold as TC&O 25 in 2008.  It was retired in August 2012.

31, SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1973, #73639-6, as Chicago & North Western 6806.  It became Union Pacific 2955 on September 12, 1997, and retired on April 6, 2009.  It was sold as TC&O 31 in 2009.

32, SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1973, #72684-14, as UP 3216.  It was retired on April 2009 and sold as TC&O 32 in 2010.

33, SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1979, #786263-1, as UP 3609.  It was retired on February 17, 2009, and sold as TC&O 33 in 2011.

925, slug, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1951, #14023, as Texas & Pacific, SW9. It was renumbered 1220 in 1962 and became Missouri Pacific 1220 in 1976. It was rebuilt in January 1982 as slug 1422. It became UP S31 on February 1, 1988, and renumbered Y925 on February 18, 2000.  It was sold to Tri-City & Olympia as 925 in 2009 but never used.  It was retired in August 2012.

1616, GP-9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955, #20315, as Northern Pacific  228.  It became Burlington Northern 1854, Class GP-9, in 1970 and Burlington Northern Santa Fe 1616, Class GP-9, in October 1998.  It was retired in November 2000 and sold to Coast Engine & Equipment in March 2003.  It was sold as TC&O 1616 and resold as Western Rail Services 1616 in 2007.  It was sold as BioFuel Energy 1616 in 2008

No number, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1954, #19343, as Great Northern 576, Class SD-9.  It became BN 6103, Class SD-9, in 1970 and became  Burlington Northern Santa Fe 6103, Class SD-9, in May 2001.  It was renumbered 1753 in 2008 and sold as TC&O and painted with no number.  It was scrapped in August 2012.


Washington Central RR

Washington Dinner Train

82, F7Au, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1952, #15910, FN 3122-A6, as Baltimore & Ohio 939, Class DF-5, a F7A.  It was renumbered 4582, Class FE-3, in 1957, and was reclassified as Class F-7A in 1964.  It was leased as Central RR of New Jersey 14 in December 1967 and returned as B&O 4582, Class F-7A, in 1973.  It was sold to Morrison Knudsen on April 4, 1975, and rebuilt as F9PH on January 29, 1981, as Maryland Department of Transportation 7182.  It became Maryland Rail Commuter (MARC) 82 in 1989 and sold to Morrison Knudsen in 1994.  It was sold as Washington Central RR 82 in November 1996 and wrecked in May 2002.  It was rebuilt.  It was sold as Santa Cruz & Monterey Bay Ry 82 in November 2012.

84, F3Au, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1948, #5734, FN E940-A13, as B&O 165, Class DF-4.  It was rebuilt by Electro-Motive to F7 specifications in April 1951, Class DF-5, and renumbered 4472, Class FE-3, in 1957.  It was sold to Morrison Knudsen on February 2, 1975,and rebuilt as MDT 7184 on March 13, 1981, and became Maryland Rail Commuter (MARC) 84 in 1989.  It was sold to Morrison Knudsen in 1994 and sold as WCRC 84 in November 1996.  It was sold as SCMB 84 in November 2012.

102, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1952, #16596, as Bessemer & Lake Erie 724-A, Class W-4A2.  It was transferred as United States Steel Corp 724-A and sold as Entertainment Train Inc 102.  It was sold as WCRC 102 in 1993 and became Washington Dinner Train 102 in 1996.  It was sold as Carrizo Gorge RR 102 in 2001.

301 "Sally", GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1957, #22737, FN 5505-18, as Northern Pacific 334.  It became Burlington Northern 1919, Class GP-9, in 1970 and sold as Coast Engine & Equipment Co 301 in February 1985.  It was sold as WCRC 301 "Sally" in 1986 and sold to Burlington Northern Santa Fe in 1996 but not used.  It was sold to Livingston Rebuild Center in June 1997 and retired in November 13, 2000.  It was sold Birmingham Rail & Locomotive Co and sold as LaFarge Cement Co 1951 in January 2009.

302 "Lilly", GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #22719, FN 5504-12, as NP 316.  It became BN 1754, Class GP-9, in 1970 and retired in December 1985.  It was sold to General Metals Co in February 1986 and sold as CEECo 302 in September 1986.  It was sold as WCRC 302 "Lilly" in 1986 and sold to Burlington Northern Santa Fe in 1996 but not used.  It was sold to Livingston Rebuild Center in June 1997 and retired on September 22, 2000.  It was sold as Columbia Basin RR 302.

401, CF7,was built by Electro-Motive in March 1950, #9583, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 230L, Class 200, an F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in April 1973 as 2578, Class 2417.  It was retired in June 1987 and sold to National Railway Equipment in October 1987.  It was sold as WCRC 401 in October 1987 and sold to Burlington Northern Santa Fe in December 1996.  It was sold as Illinois Railnet 5 in 1996 and became Illinois Ry 5 in 2005.

402, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1948, #6616, as AT&SF 31C, Class 16, an F3A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in August 1971 as 2636, Class 2417, and retired in June 1987.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co and resold as WCRC 402 in October 1987.  It was sold to Burlington Northern Santa Fe in December 1996 and sold as Nebraska Kansas & Colorado Railnet 3.  It was scrapped in January 2011.

2087, Class GP-38, was built in December 1967, #33718, FN 7060-88, as Chesapeake & Ohio 3887, Class GP-38.  It was later 2087 and then became CSX Transportation 2087, Class GP-38.  It was sold as WCRC 2087 in 1993 and resold as Columbia Basin RR 2087 in 1996.

2184, GP-38, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1967, #33066, FN 5724-5, as Clinchfield RR 2004.  It was rebuilt by Electro-Motive in November 1973.  It became Seaboard System 6275 in January 1983 and renumbered 2184.  It became CSX 2184, Class GP-38, in April 1986.  It was sold as WCRC 2184 and resold as CBRR 2184 in 1996.

4491, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1952, #16886, as Chicago & North Western 1573. It was rebuilt at Oelwein on November 2, 1978, as 4491 and was retired on January 17, 1991,  It was sold as VMV Enterprises 4491 in February 1991 and sold as WCRC 4491.  It was sold to Burlington Northern Santa Fe in 1996 but never used.  It was sold to Livingston Rebuilt Center in June 1997 and sold as NKCR 4.


Washington Lumber & Spar Co.

2 was built by Lime on May 22, 1907, #1917, as Phoenix Lumber Co 2.  It was wreck on May 11, 1921, and rebuilt by Holius Steel & Equipment Co.  It was sold  as WL&SCO  2 on October 8, 1924, and sold through J A Porter on February 25, 1928, to St Paul & Tacoma Lumber Co 1.  It was scrapped.


Zidell Explorations, Ltd.

71422 was built by Plymouth, #4777.

 

Roster information: Jerry LaBoda, J R Leal

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

12/19/2016

Memorial of Blessed Cecilia of Ferrara

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

If we wish to make any progress in the service of God we must begin every day of our life with new eagerness. We must keep ourselves in the presence of God as much as possible and have no other view or end in all our actions but the divine honor.

St. Charles Borromeo