Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Ohio Short Lines and Industrial Railroads

 

Akron & Barberton Belt RR

Akron & Barberton Cluster RR

26, DS4-4-660, was built by Baldwin in March 1948, #73605.  It was scrapped in May 1972.

1203, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1954, #18877, FN 4243-1, as Wabash RR 375, Class D-12.  It became Norfolk & Western 3375 in 1965 and sold as A&BB 1203.

1501 "JoAnn", SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1966, #32159, FN 4498-2, as General Motors Corp 107.  It was sold as Indianapolis Union Ry 23 in 1967 and renumbered 200 in January 1976.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 9601, Class SW-1500, in April 1976 and sold as AB&B 1501 in October 1982.


Akzo Nobel Salt, Inc.

No number, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric.  It became Cargill Salt Inc, no number, in 1997.


Alexander Mill Service

No number, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric.


Alliance Tubular Products Co.

8, SW600, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1954, #19300, FN 4252-1, as McLouth Steel Co 8.  It was sold as ATPCo 8.


American Aggregates Corp.

This is a national company.


American Rolling Mills Corp.

Armco Steel Corporation

AK Steel Corporation

 

This is a national company.


Andersons Inc.

This is a national company. 


Ashland Ry.

30, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1956, #21861, FN 5461-7, as Pennsylvania RR 7056, Class ES-17A.  It became  Penn Central 7056, Class ERS-17A, in 1968 and later became Consolidated Railroad Corp 7056, Class GP-9, in April 1976.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in 1978 as  Conrail 7576, Class GP-10.    It was sold as Southwest Pennsylvania RR 7576 and resold as Allegheny Valley RR 1801.  It was sold as ASRY 30.

31, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1956, #21862, FN 5461-8, as PRR 7057, Class ES-7A.  It became PC 7057, Class ERS-17A, in 1968 and later became Conrail 7057, Class GP-9, in April 1976.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in 1978 as Conrail 7559, Class GP-9.  It was sold as AVR 7559 and renumbered 1802.  It was sold as ASRY 31.

32, GP9, was built by General Motors in April 1957, #A1077, FN C221-4, as New York Central 6032, Class DRS-9F.  It was renumbered 7432, Class ERS-17, in 1968, and became Penn Central 7432, Class ERS-17, in 1968.  It became Conrail 7432, Class GP-9, in April 1976 and retired in 1985.  It was sold as ASRy 32.

34, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1957, #23550, FN 7542-9, as Chicago & North Western 1733.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein as 4560 on August 21, 1981 and retired in May 1994.  It was sold to OmniTrax on August 20, 1995 and leased as ASRy 34.  It was returned and assigned as OmniTrax Switching Service 34.

65, NW2u, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1946, #3606, FN E696-1, as New York Central 8700, Class DES-13a.  It was reclassified Class ES-10 in 1966 and became Penn Central 8700, Class ES-10, in 1968.  It was rebuilt in 1969 as 9165, Class ES-10m, and became Conrail 9165, Class NW2M, in April 1976.  It was sold as ASRy 9165 in January 1986 and renumbered 65 on February 18, 1986.  It is a parts supply now.

66, NW2u, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1949, #7178, FN E1042-2, as Indiana Harbor Belt 8804, Class DES-13j.  It became NYC 8804, Class ES-10m, in 1966 and became PC 8804, Class ES-10m, in 1968.  It was rebuilt in 1969 as 9166, Class ES-10m, and became Conrail 9166, Class NW2M, in April 1976.  It was sold as ASRy 9166 in January 1986 and renumbered 66 on February 18, 1986.

2022, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1959, #35077, FN 7182-3, as Monongahela Ry 2002.  It was sold as Chicago Central & Pacific 2002 in 1990 and sold to Railcar Ltd as RMGX 2002.  It was sold as ASRy 2022 in 2004.

2024, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1959, #35074, FN 7182-5, as Monongahela 2004.  It was sold as CC&P 2004 in 1990 and sold as RMGX 2004.  It was sold as Ashland Ry 2024 in 2004.

2027, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1969, #35416, FN 7191-113, as Penn Central 7787, Class EF-20.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 7787, Class GP-38, in April 1976 and sold as Chicago Missouri & Western 7787 in 1986.  It was renumbered 2033 in 1987 and became Gateway Western 2033 in January 1990.  It was sold as CC&P 2007 in 1995 and sold as RGMX 2007.  It was sold as ASRy 2027 in 2004.

2467, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1967, #33127, FN 7997-5, as Southern Pacific 2467, Class ES415-1.  It was sold as Larry's Truck Equipment Co 2467 on November 30, 1999, and sold as ASRy 2467 in December 2003.


Atlas-Lederer Co.

9190, NW2u, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1949, #7183, FN E1042-7, as Indiana Harbor Belt 8809, Class DES-13j.  It became New York Central  8809, Class ES-10m, in 1966 and became Penn Central 8809, Class ES-10, in 1968.  It was rebuilt as 9107, Class ES-10m, and became Consolidated Railroad Corp 9190, Class NW2M, in April 1976.  It was sold as A-L 9190 in 1985 and sold as George R Silcott Co 9190 in 1989.


Babcock & Wilcox Co.

This is a national company. 


B&O Station

6 was built by Porter in 1923, #6793, as Carbon Limestone Co 6. It is 3'2" gauge and was dressed up for display by SME Limestone before being plynthed with B&O decorations.


Banner Industries, Inc.

20, 10 Ton, was built by Plymouth.


Basic Refractories, Inc.

15-01, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in August 1941, #13188.


Blue Rock Transportation Co.

1235, 65DE19A, was built by Whitcomb in January 1944, #60363, as U S Army 8122.  It was sold as Union RR 409 in December and resold to Tippins Machinery Co.  It was sold as Potomac Edison Co 2 in 1954 and resold as BRTCo 1235 in 1958.  It was scrapped in 1998.


Buckeye Central Scenic RR

8599, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1948, #5676, FB E934-13, as Pennsylvania RR 5999, Class ES-6.  It was renumbered 8599 in 1966 and became Penn Central 8599, Class ES-6, in 1968.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 8599, Class SW-1, in April 1976 and sold as BCSR 8599.  It was sold as Zanesville & Western Scenic RR 8599 in February 2008.


Burdick Grain Co.

9132, S2, was built by Alco in November 1949, #77807, as Chesapeake & Ohio 5038, Class MSA-10.  It was transferred as Baltimore & Ohio 9132, Class S-2, in 1963 and sold to Luntz Iron & Steel on November 3, 1972.  It was sold through Birmingham Rail & Locomotive as Savannah State Docks 9132 in July 1973.  It was sold to Railway Equipment Leasing Co as RE 1060 in January 1980.  It was sold as Pillsbury Corp 1060 in April 1980 and sold as Burdick Grain Co 1060 in April 1989.  It became Peavey Grain 1060 in September 1991 and sold to Indiana Boxcar Corp as IBCX 1060 in 1997.  It was resold to George R Silcott in September 2000 and stored at Worthington, OH.


Camp Chase Industrial RR

2007, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1957, #22318, FN 5480-46, as IIllinois Central 9253.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in August 1979 as Illinois Central Gulf 8711 and sold as Iowa Northwestern RR 8711 in 2002 and sold as CCRA 2007 in 2005.  It was transferred as Allegheny Valley RR 2007 in 2007.


Caparo Steel Co.

16, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive.


 Carrollton-Oneida-Minerva RR

603, RS3, was built by Alco in August 1952, #80181, as Delaware & Hudson 4091, Class DERS-60.  It was reclassified as Class RS-15 in 1959 and sold as Vermont Ry 603 in March 1972.  It was sold as Spencerville & Elgin RR 603 in 1984 and resold as Indiana Hi-Rail 603 in 1991. It was sold as COM 603.

606, RS3, was built by Alco in June 1950, #78071, as  Lehigh & Hudson River  3.  It was sold as VTR 602 in December 1970 and later renumbered 606.  It was sold as S&E 606 in 1984 and sold as COM 606.  It was scrapped in 2004.


Cedar Point & Lake Erie Ry.

2 "Roger Linn" was built by Vulcan Iron Works in 1927, #3837.  The history was unknown until purchased as Lehigh Stone Co 800 in 1949.  It was sold to Pete Burno in Spring Green, WI, in 1960 and resold to CP&LE in August 1968.  It was rebuilt as 2-4-0 CP&LE 2 "Roger Linn" in 1976 and sent to Wild World Amusement Park in Largo, MD.  It was returned to CP&LE in 1984 but not used.  It was sold to Bill Norred of California in the 1990s and sold to Paramount Ranch in 1993.  It was then sold to Rob Rossi in 2001.

5 "Judy K" was built by Vulcan Iron Works in 1922, #3333.  The history was unknown until purchased as Lehigh Stone Co 802 in 1949,  It was sold to Pete Burno in 1960 and resold to CP&LE in August 1968.  It was rebuilt as 2-4-0 with tender as CP&LE 5.  It was named "Jack Foster" in 1974.  It was retired in the 1980s and rebuilt by Shop Services in 1992 as 5 "Judy K".

15.


Central Columbiana & Pennsylvania Ry.

This is a successor to the Youngstown & Southern.


Central Ohio Coal Co.

81900, S1, was built by Alco in August 1947, #75354, as Erie RR 313, Class SA-6b.  It became Erie Lackawanna  313, Class SA-6, in 1960 and sold as COCCo 81900.  it was sold to George R Silcott Co and resold as Brooklyn Eastern District Terminal 26 in 1973.  It was scrapped in 1986.


Central Ohio Railfans Association

5012 was built by Bethlehem Steel--Electro Motive in January 1931, #473, as Erie RR 5012.  It was leased in the 1940s as New York Susquehanna & Western 5012 and was returned.  It was retired in January 1951 and sold as CORA 5012.  It was transferred to Ohio Railway Museum where it is gradually destroying itself.


Central Soya Co.

This is a national company. 


Champaign Landmark, Inc.

3, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1946, #28335, as Sacramento Northern RR 145, Class S-26.  It was sold to Chrome Crankshaft Co in June 1972 and sold as Northwest Oklahoma Ry 2 in 1973.  It was sold to Westmac Inc in 1976 and sold as Cargill Inc 3 in 1984.  It was sold as Shepard Grain Co 3 in October 1998 and sold as CLInc 3 in October 2003.  It was sold for scrap to Western Star Rail Services in 2008.


Cincinnati Ry.

85, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1962, #27895, FN 5647-2, as New York Chicago & St Louis 901, Class ERS-22A.  It became Norfolk & Western 2901 in 1965 and retired in December 1989.  It was sold as Indiana & Ohio Ry 85 in December 1991 and sold as CNRY 85 in 2004.  It was restored as NKP 901.

381, F40PH, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1981, #807050-21, FN 807050-21, as National Railway Passenger Corp 381.  It was sold as CNRY 381 in 2004 and resold as Nashville & Eastern RR 381 in 2006.  It was sold as Tennessee Regional Transportation Authority as NRTX 381 in 2006.


Cincinnati Union Terminal Co.

1.

21, LS750, was built by Lima-Hamilton in November 1949, #9341.  It was sold to J L Ordner Car Co on October 10, 1958, and sold as United States Pipe & Foundry Co 40 in 1959.  It was sold as Indiana & Ohio Ry 20.

23, LS750, was built by Lima-Hamilton in April 1950, #9399. It was sold to George R Silcott Co and then to Peabody Coal Co in 1969 as 23.

24, LS750, was built by Lima-Hamilton in June 1951, #9540. It was sold to George Silcott and then to Peabody in 1965 as 24.

32, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1951, #14566, FN 6243-3. In 1970 it was sold to Chicago West Pullman & Southern as 41.

33, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive, August 1951, #14567, FN 6243-4. In 1970 it was sold to CWP&S as 40. It was later sold to U. S. Steel Co. as 40 in May, 1976.


City of Marion Water Department

No number, 24" TLC 3 Ton, was built by Plymouth in 1953, #5641, as Mosser Construction Co no number.  It was sold to City of Marion and is in a park.  The cab apparently was open and added a wooden box cab.  It is now without the box cab.


Cleveland Commercial RR

2377, GP39-2, was built by Electro-Motive in April, 1984, #837058-19, FN 837058-19, as Missouri-Kansas-Texas 378.  It became Union Pacific 2377 on December 17. 1990, and renumbered WP2377 as retired on November 22, 2000.  It was sold to Larry's Truck Electric as LTEX  2377 and resold as Arizona & California 3901 in 2006.  It was sold as CCRL 2377 in 2012.


Cleveland Lorain & Wheeling Ry.

24 was built by Pittsburgh in 1900.  It became Baltimore & Ohio 1198, Class D-13, in 1909.


Cleveland Union Terminal Co.

This New York Central subsidiary is included in a special page.


Cleveland Works Ry.

202, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1968, #34110, FN 4542-2, as River Terminal RR 102. It later became CWRO 202.

215, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1976, #756061-2, FN 756061-2, as Monongahela Connecting RR 425.  It became  Cuyahoga Valley Ry 425 and became CWRO 215.

217, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1974, #74627-1, FN 74627-1, as Acme Steel Corp 17.  It was sold as CWRO 217.

218, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1974, #74627-2, FN 74627-2, as Acme 18  It was sold as CWRO 218.

855, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1956, #21596, FN 4342-1, as CUVA 960.  It became CWRO 855.

961, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1956, #21597, FN 4342-2, as CUVA 961.  It became CWRO 961 and renumbered 9611 in 2008.

(1506) SW1504, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1973, #712675, as Nacionales de Mexico 8807, Class DE-34.   It became Class E-73-1500HP, and sold as David J Joseph Co 8807.  It was renumbered 1506 planned as Cleveland Works Ry 1506 but traded to Larry's Truck Electric  as LTEX 1506.  It was sold as Birmingham Southern RR 360 and became Watco Inc as WAMX 1534 in 2013.

1550, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1967, #33133, FN 7997-11, as Southern Pacific 2473, Class ES415-1.  It was sold to Helm Leasing and leased as Union Pacific 1010, Class SW1500, on September 17, 1996, and retired on March 11, 2002.  It was sold as Cleveland Works Ry as CWRO 1551 in 2004 and renumbered 1550 in May 2006.

1551, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1968, #33991, FN 7109-12, as SP 2504, Class ES415-2 It became UP 1007, Class SW1500, on September 17, 1996, and was retired on March 11, 2002.  It was sold as CWRO 1552 in 2004 and renumbered 1551 in July 2006.

1552, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1969, #35238, FN 4561-23, as SP 2545, Class ES415-3. It was assigned Union Pacific 1129, Class SW1500, in December 1996 and retired on October 29, 1999.   It was sold as CWRO 1552.

1553, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1970, #35814, FN 4570-25, as SP 2578, Class ES415-3.  It was retired in 1986 and sold to Levin Metals in May 1988. It was sold to Wilson Railway Corp in May 1988 and sold as WCLtd 1553 in August 1988.  It was sold as CWRO 1553

1554, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1971, #4608-4, FN 4608-4, as SP 2594, Class ES415-4.  It was sold to Wilson Railway Corp in May 1988 and sold as WCLtd 1554 in August 1988.  It was sold as CWRO 1554.

1555, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1972, #4608-50, FN 4608-50, as SP 2640, Class ES415-5. In July 1988 it was sold to Wilson Ry and then to WCLtd as 1555 in August 1988.  It was sold as CWRO 1555.

1556, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1972, #4608-62, FN 4608-62, as SP 2652, Class ES415-5. In July 1988 it was sold to Wilson Ry and then to WCLtd as 1556 in August 1988.  It was sold as CWRO 1556.

1557, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1972, #4608-75, FN 4608-75, as SP 2665, Class ES415-5. In 1988 it was sold to Wilson Ry and then to WCLtd as 1557 in August 1988. It was sold as CWRO 1557.


Columbia Iron & Metal Co.

Interstate Shredding, LLC

CI&M was taken over as IS after the courts ordered them pay $11.5m for rigged bids in 2006.

1, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1953, #18739, FN 4240-1.


CSC Ltd.

1007, S2, was built by Alco in July 1948, #75913, as McKeesport Connecting RR 1007.  It was sold as LTV Steel Corp 1007 and sold as CSC 1007.


Culver & Port Clinton RR

2 was built by Vulcan in October 1909, #1381.  It was rebuilt with new boiler, #2929, by Vulcan in July 1916 and returned to Vulcan.  It was sold as Nelson & Albermarle RR 11 in March 1923 and rebuilt with new boiler in 1927.  It was apparently retired in 1941 and scrapped at Richmond in 1954.


Cuyahoga Valley Ry.

425, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1976, #756061-2, FN 756061-2, as Monongahela Connecting RR 425.  It became CUVA 425 and became Cleveland Works Ry 215.

800, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1953, #19071, FN 4250-1, as Aliquippa & Southern Ry 800.  It was transferred as Cuyahoga Valley RR 800 and sold as International Steel Group 800.  It was renumbered 298 and sold to Doug Fink.  It was sold to Rail Trust Equipment as RTEX 410 and sold to Dominion Foundries & Steel Co as Dofasco 410 in January 2004.  It became Arcelor Mittel Dofasco 410 in November 2007 and rebuilt as 1GS7B, by National Railway Equipment in May 2014, #202-410.

802, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1953, #19073, FN 4250-3, as A&S 802.  It was transferred as CUVA 802 and sold as International Steel Group 802.

855, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1953, #17924, FN 6500-1, as General Motors Corp 500.  It was sold as CVRR 855 (1954) and sold as ISGX 855.

960, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1956, #21596, FN 4342-1.  It became CWRO 855.

961, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1956, #21597, FN 4342-2.  It became CWRO 961 and renumbered 9611 in 2008.

1050, SW1000, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1966, #32494, FN 7939-1.  It was sold as Northshore Mining Co 1050 in 1999 and renumbered 1214.

1284, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1957, #23082, FN 4385-2.  It was sold as Hutchinson Salt Co 1284 in 1995 and became Hutchinson Transportation Co 1284.


Cuyahoga Valley Scenic RR

This tourist railroad is in Northeastern Ohio.


Art Davis

717 was built by H K Porter in July 1942, #7376, as United States Army 717.  It was sold to General American Transportation Co as 717 and later sold to Goldberg Co.  It was sold to Jack Shroyer in 1966 and sold to Jerry Jacobson.  It was sold as ADRX 717 in 1983 and sold as Bluegrass Railroad Museum 717 in 1989.  It was sold to a collector in California in 2003.

805, RSD1, was built by Alco in February 1943, #70671, as U S Army 8050.  It was transferred as U S Air Force 8050 and sold as ARDX 805.

2069, S4, was built by Alco in January 1952, #79525, as New York Chicago & St Louis 69, Class AS-10D.  It became Norfolk & Western 2069 in 1965 and retired on September 29, 1976.  It was sold as ARDX 2069 and sold as Youngstown & Austintown RR 2069 in January 1985.  It was apparently sold to Larry's Truck Electric Co.


Fairport Painesville & Eastern RR

105, S4, was built by Alco in October 1951, #79225.   It was sold as Railway Equipment Leasing Corp 1053 and then sold as Indiana Hi-Rail 105.  It was then sold as Cargill Inc 105.


Federal Steel Corp.

343, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1937, #12186, as Cummins Inc, a demonstrator.  It was sold as Republic Steel Corp 343 and became FSCo 343.  It was sold as Interstate Terminal Warehouse Co 343 in 1988.


Firestone Tire & Rubber Co.

2.


First Energy Generation Corp.

9010, SD40u, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1969, #34759, FN 7155-2, as Louisville & Nashville 1230, Class SD-40.  It later became Seaboard System RR  1230 in January 1983 and renumbered 8306 in 1984.  It became CSX Transportation 8306, Class SD-40, in April 1986 and sold to Morrison Knudsen.  It was rebuilt as Utah Ry 9010 on November 15, 1991, and returned to MK on June 30, 2001.  It was sold to Railway Service Contractors as MJRX 9010 and leased as FE 9010 in October 2008.


Flats Industrial RR

12, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1952, #15495, FN 4109-9, as New York Central 8949, Class DES-16m.  It was reclassified Class ES-12 in 1966 and became Penn Central 8949, Class ES-12, in 1968.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 8949, Class SW-9, in April 1976 and sold to Midwest Steel in June 1981.  It was sold to Johnson Railway Services in 1982 and sold as Ford Motor Co 12006.  It was sold as FIR 12 and sold to Chattanooga Railcar Services.  It was sold to Gulf & Ohio as Kingsport Handling LLC 1010.


Fort Jennings & Delphos Ry.

This was an effort to make a tourist line which wanted to operate on the Akron Canton & Youngstown.  That did not work so they tried to operate on Western Ohio Rail Authority.  That did not work either.  It disappeared after a while.

Delphos was served by Conrail (PRR-PC), AC&Y, and NKP.  The AC&Y was the first to go when it was abandoned between Delphos and Carey---I forget the date.  The ex-NKP line at some point became under Indiana HiRail and was used for storage.  South of Delphos it had a few grain elevators that were active.  The line was in horrible shape (former narrow gauge).  I hi-railed it under Conrail to take over the switching of those few grain elevators and we did that for a short period of time and then bailed out.  A shortline proposed to take it over but I don't know the outcome of that.  The Davenport was to be used on some of that trackage.  Conrail pulled the crossing frog out at Delphos and that ended the plan for that portion of the shortline.  The Davenport was purchased by Kyle Flannigan and sent to Pleasant Lake, IN, which has been under restoration.

---Steve Timko

1, 30 Ton, was built by Davenport in 1944, #2669, as International Harvester Co 201.  It was sold as FJ&D 1.


Great Miami Ry.

30, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1962, #27896, FN 5647-3, as New York Chicago & St Louis 902, Class ERS-22A.  It became Norfolk & Western 2902 in 1965 and retired in March  1991.  It was sold as GMRY 30 in December 1991 and sold to U S Rail Corp in 2006. 

71, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1951, #14988, FN 6323-2, as Missouri-Kansas-Texas 1521.  It was renumbered 111 in 1958 and retired on June 9, 1989.  It was sold to Wilson Ry Corp on July 19, 1989, and sold as Central RR of Indiana 1751.  It was sold as FLSX 71.

115, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1948, #6221, FN E985-3, as Indiana Harbor Belt 8721, Class DES-13d.  It was reclassified as Class ES-10m in 1966 and sold to Larry's Truck Equipment in June 2006.  It was sold as USRC 115 and assigned as GMRY 115.


Hunkin Conkey Construction Co.

102, S1, was built by Alco in April 1941, #69464. It later became United States Army 7371 and is now preserved by the Western Pennsylvania Railway Historical Society.


International Steel Group

800, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1953, #19071, FN 4250-1, as Aliquippa & Southern Ry.  It was transferred as Cuyahoga Valley RR 800 and sold as International Steel Group 800.  It was renumbered 298 and sold to Doug Fink.  It was sold to Rail Trust Equipment as RTEX 410 and sold to Dominion Foundries & Steel Co as Dofasco 410 in January 2004.  It became Arcelor Mittel Dofasco 410 in November 2007 and rebuilt as 1GS7B, by National Railway Equipment in May 2014, #202-410.

802, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1953, #19073, FN 4250-3, as A&S 802.  It was transferred as CUVA 802 and sold as ISGX 802.

855, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1953, #17924, FN 6500-1, as General Motors Corp 500.  It was sold as CUVA 855 (1954) and sold as ISGX 855.


Interstate Terminal Warehouse Co.

343, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1937, #12186, as Cummins Inc, a demonstrator.  It was sold as Republic Steel Corp 343 and became Federal Steel Corp 343.  It was sold as ITW 343 in 1988.


J & M Locomotive Inc.

60, SSB1200, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18093, FN 4219-8, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2427, Class 2418, a SW9.  It was renumbered 1427, Class 1418, in August 1974 retired on February 29, 1979.  It rebuilt at San Bernardino as 1227, Class 1214, on June 15, 1979, and retired on December 13, 1984.  It was sold as Goodyear Tire & Rubber 1227 in June 1987.  It became Shell Chemical 1227 in 1992 and sold as JDNX 60 by 2000.  It was sold to Western Rail Inc but there is no other info.


Lake Shore Railway Association

Lorain & West Virginia Ry.

The original L&WV was taken over by the Norfolk & Western in 1965. After they abandoned the line into Lorain, the LSRA acquired about 6 miles of line which they are now trying to rehabilitate. Some excursion service is being offered on the first 2 miles of line out of Wellington.

1977 was built by Alco-Brooks in January 1920, #61579, as Kelley’s Creek & Northwestern 6.  It was sold to Buffalo Creek & Gauley as 13 in 1954 and then to South Penn Museum as 622 in 1964.  It was then sold to LSRA as 1977 in December 1976 and then to Logansport Iron Horse Festival in July 1983.  It was sold to Ohio Central as 13 in November 1992.  

101, E8A, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1950, #11492, FN 6095-A2. as Chicago & North Western 5021-B.  It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 522 on December 30, 1974.  It was sold to Regional Transportation Authority (Metra) on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW.  It was retired on April 10, 1989, and sold to Kasten Railcar Services.  It was then sold as Wisconsin & Southern RR 801.  It was sold to LSRA as L&WV 101.

110, 100 Ton, was built by General Electric in September 1941, #13033, as Monongahela Connecting RR 110. It was later sold to U S Steel Corp as 2606. It is now LSRA 110.

123, RS3, was built by Alco in June 1950, #78067, as Oliver Iron Mining Co 1109.  It was sold as Michigan Limestone & Chemical Co 123 and sold  to Midwest Railway Preservation Society (Lake Shore Railway Assn) in 1991.  It was lettered as L&WV 123. 


Lake Terminal RR

1009, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1948, #5263, FN E890-1. In 1962 it became Birmingham Southern 21, Class 20, and was sold to American Cast Iron Pipe Co as 102 in February, 1969.

1012, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in February, 1948, #5266, FN E890-4. In 1962 it became Birmingham Southern 23, Class 20. They sold it to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive in December, 1967, who resold it to the Marinette Tomahawk & Western as 62 in January 1968. MT&W sold this locomotive to Republic Steel Corp. in April 1981, as 162.

1013, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1948, #5267, FN E890-5. In 1962 it became BS 24, Class 20, and was sold to ACIPCo as 104 in February 1969.

1015, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1948, #5269, FN E890-7,  It was sold as Independent Locomotive Service 1015 and renumbered as 922 in 2012.

1021, SW1000, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1968, #34097, FN 4541-1.  It was sold as Elgin Joliet & Eastern 446 in 2007.

1204, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1954, #20089, FN 4285-2, as Florida East Coast 230.  It was sold as Newburg & South Shore RR 1201 and resold as Union RR 586.  It was sold as LTRR 1204 and sold as David J Joseph Co 1204.  It was leased to Western Metal Recycling in December 2001.

1205, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1954, #20094, FN 4285-7, as FEC 235.  It was sold as N&SS 1202 and resold as URR 587.  It was sold as LT 1205.


Larry's Truck Equipment Co.

Larry's Truck Radiator Co.

We have a full page on this dealer and leasor.


Little Beaver Creek Valley RR

This tourist operation is included in the Youngstown & Southern page.


Marion Industrial Center RR

211, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1972, #7355-42, as Penn Central 9551, Class ES-15.  It later became Consolidated Railroad Corp 9551, Class SW-1500, in April 1976 and sold at CSX Transportation 1080, Class SW-1500, and sold as Locomotive Leasing Partners 211.  It was sold as Marion Industrial Center RR 9551.


McDonald Steel Corp.

70, S2, was built by Alco in July 1944, #70259, as Elgin Joliet & Eastern 455.  It was sold as United States Steel Corp 70 in July 1964 and sold to McDonald as 70 for parts in 1985.

777, S2, was built by Alco in August 1944, #70264, as EJ&E 460.  It was sold as USS 73 in July 1964 and sold as McDonald 777 in June 1985.


Miller Mining, Inc.

No number, S2m, was built by Alco and rebuilt.


Mosser Construction Co.

No number, 24" TLC 3 Ton, was built by Plymouth in 1953, #5641.  It was sold to City of Marion Water Department, no number, and is in a park.  The cab apparently was open and added a wooden box cab.  It is now without the box cab.


Muskingum Electric RR

100, E50C, was built by General Electric in May 1968, #36491.  It was retired in 2001.


National Biscuit Co.

65, MDT 40 Ton, was built by Plymouth in March 1965, #6456.


National Lime & Stone Co.

2, MLB 20 Ton, was built by Plymouth.


Newburg & South Shore RR

1004, S2, was built by Alco in August 1943, #70273, as 11.  It was renumbered 1004 and sold as Port Manatee RR 1004.  It was sold as Withrow Locomotive 1004 and sold as Laurinburg & Southern 146 in June 1994.

1014, S2, was built by Alco in May 1941, #69533.  It was sold as Ohi-Rail Corp 1014 in 1982 and resold as Youngstown & Austintown 1014 in 1984.  It was renumbered 14 and transferred as Ohio Central RR 14.

1019, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1971, #37534, FN 4602-1. 

1020, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1972, #38840, FN 4611-1.  It sold as Birmingham Southern RR 226 and was transferred as Fairfield Southern SS 226.

1201, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1954, #20089, as Florida East Coast 230.  It was sold as NSS 1201 and resold as Union RR 586.  It was sold as Lake Terminal RR 1204 and sold as David J Joseph Co 1204.  It was leased to Western Metal Recycling in December 2001.

1202, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1954, #20094, as FEC 235.  It was sold as N&SS 1202 and resold as URR 587.  It was sold as LT 1205.


Ohio & Morenci RR

This interurban off-shoot is included in a special page.


Ohio Central RR

We have a special page on this system.


Ohio Commerce Center

Space Center Complex

No Number, 25 Ton, was built by General Electric in November 1951, #31293, as A M Byer Co D-4.  It was sold as Sharon Steel Co 21 and sold as Space Center no number.  It became Ohio Commerce Center.


Ohio Railway Supply

R P Flynn, Inc.

343, F40PH, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1980, #796379-12, as National Railway Passenger Corp 343.  It was sold as RPFX 343 and sold as Trinity Industries 343.  It was used for a movie, "Prison Break".


Ohi-Rail Corp.

1014, S2, was built by Alco in May 1941, #69533, as Newburgh & South Shore RR 1014.  It was sold as OHIC 1014 in 1982 and resold as Youngstown & Austintown 1014 in 1984.  It was renumbered 14 and transferred as Ohio Central RR 14.


Pioneer & Fayette RR

This interurban off-shoot is included in a special page.


Pittsburgh & Conneaut Dock Co.

715-B, F7B, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1952, #16598, FN 3105-B1, as Bessemer & Lake Erie 715-B, Class W-4B2.  It was transferred as P&CDCo 719-B in 1968 and sold to Larry's Truck Electric Co in 2001.  It was sold to Tennessee Central Ry Museum in 2001 and painted as Louisville & Nashville 715.

719-A, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1952, #16591, as B&LE 719-A, Class W-4A2.  It was transferred as P&CDCo 3 in 1973 .


Pittsburgh Lisbon & Western

This was the successor to the Youngstown & Southern.


Rails Diversified, Inc.

This was a short lived leasing company.

410, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1949, #6600, as Chicago & North Western 4068-A. It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 410 in December 1971. It was sold to Regional Transportation Authority (Metra) on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW. It was retired by RTA on May 2, 1983, and sold it to RDI as 409 in March 1985. They sold it to Winchester & Western RR and they resold it to Maryland Midland RR as 100. It finally was sold to Short Line Enterprises as Fillmore & Western 100.

413, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1949, #8570, as C&NW 4083A. It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 413 in December 1971. It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW. It was retired on May 2, 1983, and sold to Naporano Iron & Metal in 1985. It was resuld to Rails Diversified in March 1985 as 413. Then it was sold to W&W and then to MDMD as 101. It was later sold to SLE as F&W 101.


Redland Ohio, Inc.

216, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1957, #23362, FN 4393-3, as Baltimore & Ohio 9616, Class SE-6.  It was reclassified as Class SW-1200 in 1965 and retired on May 12, 1987 and sold to Indiana Hi-Rail as 216 on August 17, 1987.  It became Wabash & Erie RR 216 on June 26, 1994, and sold as RO 216 in 1995.  It was sold to Mobile Locomotive Services Inc as LOCX 216 in 2007.


Republic Steel Corp.

We have a special page on this company.


River Terminal RR

47 was built by Baldwin in 1927, #59760, as St Louis & O'Fallon Ry 8. It became Manufacturers Ry 8 and later was sold to RTRy as 47. It was then sold to Republic Steel Corp as 294.

96, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1956, #20961. It later was RSCorp 141 and later was Larry's Truck Equipment Co 141.

102, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1968, #34110. It later became Cleveland Works RR 202.


Shepard Grain Co.

3, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1946, #28335, as Sacramento Northern RR 145, Class S-26.  It was sold to Chrome Crankshaft Co in June 1972 and sold as Northwest Oklahoma Ry 2 in 1973.  It was sold to Westmac Inc in 1976 and sold as Cargill Inc 3 in 1984.  It was sold as SGCo 3 in October 1998 and sold as Champaign Landmark Inc 3 in October 2003.  It was sold for scrap to Western Star Rail Services in 2008.


George R. Silcott Equipment Co.

34. 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1946, #28495, as Laurinburg & Southern 100.  It was sold as Monroe Sand & Gravel Co 100 and sold as Arkansas & Louisiana Missouri 34.  It was sold as GRS 34.

188, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1951, #14932, as Atlantic Coast Line 706.  It became Seaboard Coast Line 188 in July 1967 and later sold as GRRS 188 in 1986.  It was sold to Royster Co as 188 as 1987 and became Mulberry Phosphates Inc 188.

465, RS-3, Class RS-1b, was built in May 1952, #79871, as Reading Co 465, Class RS-1b.  It was rebuilt in 1963 and sold as United Railway Supply Co 465 in October 1974.  It was sold as GRS 465 in September 1976.  It was sold as Lackawaxen & Stourbridge RR 102.

1010, S1, was built by Alco.  It was purchased as Carolina Power Co 1010.

9076, S2, was built by Alco in December 1948, #75607, as Baltimore & Ohio 9076, Class DS-5A.  It was renumbered 9076, Class SA-3, in 1957 and reclassified Class S-2 in 1965.  It was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal on June 25, 1976, and sold to George R Silcott Co.  It was sold as McCormack Sand & Gravel Co 9076 in 1976 and returned as Silcott 9076 in 1982.  It was sent back to Naporano Iron & Metal for scrap in 1982.

9190, NW2u, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1949, #7183, FN E1042-7, as Indiana Harbor Belt 8809, Class DES-13j.  It became New York Central  8809, Class ES-10m, in 1966 and became Penn Central 8809, Class ES-10, in 1968.  It was rebuilt as 9107, Class ES-10m, and became Consolidated Railroad Corp 9190, Class NW2M, in April 1976.  It was sold as Atlas-Lederer Co 9190 in 1985 and sold as GRS 9190 in 1989.


SME Limestone Co.

See B&O Station above.


South Point Ethanol

932, GP18, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1960, # 24941, FN 5609-18, as Norfolk & Western 932.  it was retired in October 1990 and sold as SPE 932 in December 1990.  It was abandoned in 1995 and sold as Archer-Daniels Corp 932.


Spencerville & Elgin RR

603, RS3, was built by Alco in August 1952, #80181, as Delaware & Hudson 4091, Class DERS-60.  It was reclassified as Class RS-15 in 1959 and sold as Vermont Ry 603 in March 1972.  It was sold as S&E 603 in 1984 and resold as Indiana Hi-Rail 603 in 1991. It was sold as Carrollton-Oneida-Minerva RR 603.

606, RS3, was built by Alco in June 1950, #78071, as  Lehigh & Hudson River  3.  It was sold as VTR 602 in December 1970 and later renumbered 606.  It was sold as S&E 606 in 1984 and sold as COM 606.  It was scrapped in 2004.

653, S4, was built by Alco in October 1953, #80932, as Pittsburgh & Lake Erie 8646, Class DES-11L.  It was transferred as New York Central 8646, Class DES-11L, and renumbered 9746, Class AS-10m, in 1966.  It became Penn Central  9746, Class AS-10m, and sold as SPEG 653.


Standard Slag Co.

27.


Harry Stebbins

8 was built by H K Porter in June 1924, #6917, as Raritan Copper Works 8.  It became International Smelting & Refining Co 8 in 1934 which is an Anaconda company.  It was sold as Edaville 8 and resold to Stebbins as 8.


Sturm & Dillard Co.

100 was built by Vulcan Iron Works in November 1922, #3313.  It was sold as South Bend Sand & Gravel Co 100 in October 1946.  It was donated to Scottsdale Club in 1970 and sold to Cleon Miner in 1977.


Toledo Lake Erie & Western

15 was built by H K Porter in March 1917, #5966, as Mesta Machine Works 4.  It was sold as Brooklyn Eastern District Terminal 15 and sold as South Appalachia Ry 15 in 1965.  It was sold as TLE&W 15 in 1975 and rebuilt at Strasburg RR as Thomas the Tank Engine 1 in 1998.


Toledo Ore Dock Co.

996, SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1974, #74644-19, FN 74644-19, as Louisville & Nashville 3572, Class SD40-2.  It became Seaboard System 3572 in January 1983 and was renumbered 8200 in 1984.  It became CSX Transportation 8200, Class SD40-2, in April 1986 and transferred as TORC 996 in 2008.

999, SD40. was built by Electro-Motive in May 1971, #38210, FN 5787-8, as L&N 1256, Class SD-40.  It became SBD 1256 in January 1983 and renumbered 8332 in 1984.  It became CSX 8332, Class SD-40, in April 1986.  It was renumbered as 4608, Class Hump Unit, and transferred as TORC 999.


Toledo Terminal RR

9041, S2, was built by Alco in October 1949, #77144, as Chesapeake & Ohio 5019, Class MSA-10.  It was transferred as Baltimore & Ohio 9166, Class S-2, in December 1966 and retired by April 1, 1977.  It was sold as TT 9041 on June 1, 1977, and sold to Naporano Iron & Metal Co in May 1979.  It was resold to George R Silcott Railway Equipment in 1980.


Valley Mould & Iron Co.

9999, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in May 1949, #30146, as Pennsylvania RR 9353, Class GS-4.  It was renumbered 9999 in 1966 and became Penn Central 9999, Class GS-4, in 1968.  It was leased to Union Transportation Co and made the last run on April 14, 1976.  It apparently was never added to Conrail roster and sold to VM&I but never relettered.


Warren Consolidated Industries

820, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1950, #12734, as Republic Steel Corp 302.  It was renumbered 820 and became LTV Steel 820 in 1984.  It became WCI 820 in 1988

829, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1952, #15500, as New York Central 9604, Class DES-19b.  It was renumbered 8604, Class ES-8, in 1966 and became Penn Central 8604, Class ES-8, in 1968.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 8604, Class SW-8, in April 1976 and retired on April 11, 1991.  It was sold to Larry's Truck Equipment Co and rebuilt as 905.  It was leased to J&M Locomotive and became WCI 829.

830, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1952, #15956, as Atlantic Coast Line 57.  It became Seaboard Coast Line 17 in July 1967 and sold to Graham County RR as 17 in May 1982.  It then was sold to Carolina Eastman as 17 and then to Atlantic Steel Corp as 17.  It then went to Armco Steel Corp as 17 and then to WCI as 830.

833, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1956, #21812, FN 4346-1, as Republic 354.  It was renumbered 833 and became LTV 833 in 1984.  It became WCI 833 in 1988.


Watson Sand & Gravel Co.

2 was built by Baldwin in January 1904, #23616 as Alabama & Vicksburg 420.  It became Illinois Central 3333 in 1926 and renumbered 381 in 1942.  It was sold as WS&GCo 2 in July 1948.


Youngstown & Northern

202, NC, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1937, #651.  It was transferred as Elgin Joliet & Eastern 408 in 1946 and sold as Marinette Tomahawk & Western 408 on August 27, 1955.  It was sold as Sabine River & Northern 408 and donated to National Museum of Transport.

222, S4, was built by Alco in October 1950, #78411.  It was transferred to United States Steel Corp as USSX 77 and renumbered 1001 in 1981.


Youngstown & Southern

This interurban turned diesel freight hauler has a special page.


Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co.

We have a special page on this company.


Zanesville & Western Scenic RR

8599, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1948, #5676, as Pennsylvania RR 5999, Class ES-6.  It was renumbered 8599 in 1966 and became Penn Central 8599, Class ES-6, in 1968.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 8599, Class SW-1, in April 1976 and sold as Buckeye Central Scenic RR  8599.  It was sold as ZWSR  8599 in February 2008.

 

Roster info: Randy Keller

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

2/17/2017

Memorial of Saint Donatus the Martyr

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

Great love can change small things into great ones, and it is only love which lends value to our actions.

--St. Faustina Kowalska