Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Fort Worth & Western RR

 

The Fort Worth and Western Railroad Company was chartered on May 13, 1988, to acquire trackage in Fort Worth from the Burlington Northern Railroad Company. This track had been owned by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway Company prior to its merger into the Burlington Northern. The new road was capitalized at $100,000, and the business office was in Fort Worth. Members of the first board of directors included Edward M. McLaughlin of Euless, Jerry Brannon of Granbury, and William S. Davis, Sr., Robert Robertson, and Bradford Farrar, all of Fort Worth. The company began operating in October 1988 over 6.5 miles of track. It is controlled by the Tarantula Corporation. The Tarantula Train, an excursion passenger train, operates over the Fort Worth and Western between Eighth Avenue and the Fort Worth Stockyards. The Tarantula Corporation also controls the Fort Worth and Dallas Railroad Company with 1.25 miles of track at Dallas. This line, acquired from the Union Pacific, began operating in November 1988.

Chris Cravens in Handbook of Texas Online

 

938 was built by Alco-Schenectady in November 1910, #48510, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 938, Class P-33.  It was donated to the State of Oklahoma at Enid in 1954.  It was sold to FW&W in 1990 and resold to Illinois Railway Musum in 1995.

2248 was built by Cooke in July 1896, #2341, as Southern Pacific 1829, Class DA. In 1901 it was renumbered 2248, Class T-1. It was assigned to fire train service until more modern methods were developed. It was leased to Pacific Fruit Express from March 15, 1945, until March 10, 1949, and then when into display use until the flue time expired in 1959. It was retired at Sacramento on May 3, 1961, and sold for scrap to Purdy Co on May 8, 1961. It was purchased for tourist use in California by C T Brown, but that failed to materialize. In 1974 it was sold to the Texas State RR and rehabilitated as TSR 200 in June 1976. After 5 years of service, the locomotive was stored until purchased by the FWWR in 1990. It was restored at 8th Avenue with the exception of boiler work. It operated until 1999 when the boiler required major work. It was replaced by Coe Rail for a short time. The locomotive was then rebuilt in 2001 and is in service.  It was sold as Grapevine Vintage RR 2248 "Puffy" in 2004.

3417 was built by Baldwin in 1919, #51889, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 3417, Class 3400. It was rebuilt at Cleburne in October 1943 and donated to the City of Cleburne on April 26, 1955. It was acquired by the FWWR in 1990, but was never moved and later returned to the city. It is now under consideration for full restoration by a local group for excursion service.

104, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1953, #17910, FN 3158-A2, as Bessemer & Lake Erie 726-A, Class W-4A3.  It was transferred as United States Steel Corp 726-A and later sold as Texas Southern 104.  It was leased as FWWR 104 for a short time. It was planned to run a dinner train to Granbury, but this did not happen, and the locomotive was returned to Texas Southern.  It was sold as Gettysburg RR 401.

2569, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1949, #8284, FN E1152-A4, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 213C, Class 200, an F7A. It was rebuilt at Cleburne on May 31, 1973, as 2569, Class 2417. It was sold to Econorail on April 24, 1986, and leased to FWWR as 2569 in 1988. It was later replaced by 2473.

2473, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1948, #5410, FN E902-A14, as AT&SF 28C, Class 16, an F3A. It was renumbered 301C, Class 300, in May 1971 and later renumbered 345C, Class 325, in July 1973. It was rebuilt at Cleburne on December 17, 1976, as 2473, Class 2417. It was sold to Econorail as 2473 on April 7, 1986, and later leased to FWWR as 2473. It was later returned to Econorail.

4299, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1952, #16872, FN 5205-1, as Chicago & North Western 1557. It was rebuilt at Oelwein on December 26, 1980, as 4299, and sold to OmniTrax in October 1993. It was then leased to FWWR as 4299. In 2001 it was returned to OmniTrax.

1500, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1952, #17012, FN 5170-13, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2785, Class 2650.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in  June 1980 as 2189, Class 2050, and sold to VMV in October 1988.  It was restored as Paducah & Louisville 1500 and later sold as FWWR 1500.  It later was sold to National Railway Equipment Co.   It was rebuilt as NREX 1400, 2GS14B/SW, in August 2011.

5004, GP35, was built by General Motors in May, 1964, #A2037, FN C293-3, as Canadian Pacific 8204, Class DRS-22b. It was renumbered 5004 in 1965. The locomotive was painted for the FWWR at the Texas & Northern shops before delivery.

5007, GP35, was built by General Motors in May 1964, #A2040, FN C293-6, as CPR 8207, Class DRS-22b. It was renumbered 5007 in 1965. The locomotive came via the T&N shops.

5020, GP35, was built by General Motors in July 1965, #A2085, FN CR306-7, as CPR 5020, Class DRS-22c. The locomotive came via the T&N shops.

2000, "Miss Molly", GP38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1964, #29371, FN 7732-2, as Denver Rio Grande & Western 3038, Class DE B-B 62.  it was retired in December 1993 and sold to OmniTrax in January 1995.  It was used as Great Western Ry 3038.  It was rebuilt in August 2000 as FWWR 2000 "Miss Molly", GP38-3.

2001, "Niles City" GP38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1965, #30023, FN 7782-2, as DRG&W 3050, Class DE B-B 62.  It was retired in December 1993 and sold to OmniTrax in January 1995.  It was assigned as Kansas Southwestern RR 3050 in 1996 and rebuilt as GP38-3 as Longhorn RR 2006 in April 1997 and assigned as Northern Plains Ry 3005 in 1998.  It was leased as FWWR 2001 "Niles City" in 2000.

2002, "Cowtown". GP38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1964, #29368, FN 7727-7, as DRG&W 3035, Class DE B-B 62, GP35.  It was later reclassified EF425D-1.  It was retired in December 1993 and sold to OmniTrax in January 1995.  It was rebuilt as GP38-3 as Longhorn 2007 in 1997 and later leased as FWWR 2002.

2003, "General Worth", GP38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1965, #30160, FN 7789-26, as Southern Pacific 7753, Class GF-626, a GP35. It was renumbered 6650, Class EF425-4, in 1966, and later became FWWR 2003

2004, "Comanche". GP38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1971, #36911, FN 7291-51, as Penn Central 7922, Class EF-20, a GP38.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 7922, Class GP-38, in April 1976, and later CSX Transportation 1987, Class GP-38.  It was rebuilt to FWWR 2004 as GP38-3.

2005, "Maj Ripley Arnold", GP38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1969, #35325, FN 7191-22, as PC 7696, Class EF-20, a GP38. It later became Conrail 7696, Class GP-38, in April 1976, and later Norfolk Southern as Pennsylvania Rail Road 2891. It later was rebuilt to FWWR as 2005.

2006, "General Tarrant", GP38AC, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1969, #34854, FN 7158-32, as Baltimore & Ohio 3731, Class GP-40. It was renumbered 9731 in 1979 and returned as 3731 in 1980 as 3726, It was later returned to General American Transportation Co as 3731 on May 17, 1984. It was rebuilt by Peaker Services in January 1986 and leased to Point Comfort & Northern as 3731.  It later was sold to FWWR as 2006.

2007, "B B Paddock", GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1969, #34849, FN 7158-27, as B&O 3726, Class GP-40. It was renumbered 9726 in 1979 and returned as 3726 in April 1981 as 3726, It was later returned to GATX as 3726 on May 17, 1984. It was rebuilt by Mid-America Car in January 1986 and leased to PC&N as 3726.  It later was sold to FWWR as 2007 in 2002.

2008, "Panther City," GP50, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1980, #786257-32, FN 786257-32, as Chicago & North Western 5081.  It was assigned as Union Pacific 935, Class GP50, and became UP 5544 on March 6, 1997.  It was assigned as 1644 but retired on November 30, 2002.  It was sold as First Union Rail 2931 and sold as FWWR 2008 "Panther City".

1st 2009 "Chisholm Trail", GP50, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1980, #786257-26, FN 786257-26, as C&NW 5075.  It was assigned UP 919, Class GP50, in June 1995 and became 5529 on July 19, 1998.  It was reassigned  as 1629 but retired on November 27, 2002.  It was sold as FURX 2925 and sold to NRE.  It was sold as Fort Worth & Western 1st 2009 "Chisholm Trail" in 2005 and leased to Rail Logix in 2009.  It was returned as NREX 3333 in December 2010.

2nd 2009, "Chisholm Trail", GP40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1984, #847046-3, FN 847046-3, as St Louis South-Western 7250, Class EF430W-4.  It was assigned to Union Pacific  as 5220, Class GP40-2, in March 1997 and later assigned 1320 in December 1999.  It was returned to National Railway Equipment Co on April 7, 2000, as NREX  7250.  It was rebuilt as FWWR 2009 "Chisholm Trail".

2010, "Trinity", GP50, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1980, #786257-42, FN 786257-42, as C&NW 5091.  It was assigned as UP 932, Class GP50, in June 1995 and became UP 5555 on February 5, 1997.  It was retired on November 30, 2002, and sold as FURX 2941.  It was sold as NRE 2941 and sold as FWWR 2010 "Trinity" in January 2006.

2011, "Miss Etta", GP50, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1980, #786257-40. FN 786257-40, as C&NW 5089.  It was assigned as UP 938 in June 1995 and became UP 5547 on August 19, 1997.  It was retired on November 26, 2002, and sold as FURX 2939.  It was sold as NRE 2939 and sold as FWWR 2011 "Miss Etta" in August 2006.

2012, "Chaparral", GP50, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1980, #786257-3, FN 786257-3, as C&NW 5052.  It was assigned as UP 901 in June 1995 and reassigned as 5511 in June 1996.  It became 1611 on April 1, 2002, and retired on November 30, 2002.  It was sold as FURX 2903 and sold as FWWR 2012 "Chaparral" in August 2006.

2013, "Luke Short", 2GS14B, was built by National Railway Equipment Co in May 2007, #5012-2, as 1400.  It was renumbered as 2013 in 2007.

2014, "Timothy Courtright", 2GS14B, was built by National Railway Equipment Co in May 2007, #5170-13, as 1401.  It was renumbered as 2014 in 2007.

2015, "Butch Cassidy", SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1975, #74690-12, FN 74690-12, as Missouri Pacific 3175. In 1982 it became Union Pacific 4175 and was retired on April 19, 1990. It was sold to General American Transportation Co as 2004 and then sold to Canadian Pacific as 5426 in March 1994. It was sold as NRE 5426 and sold at FWWR 2015.

2016, "Sundance Kid", SD40R, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1966, #31530, FN 7861-40, as Southern Pacific 8449, Class EF630-1.  It was rebuilt as 7353, Class EF630LR-1, in February 1981 and retired on December 23, 1998.  It was sold to NRE as 7353 and sold as FWWR 2016 "Sundance Kid".

2017, "Kid Curry", SD40R, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1966, #31521, FN 7861-31, FN 7861-31, as SP 8440, Class EF630-1.  It was rebuilt as 7363, Class EF630R-1, in April 1981 and retired on January 21, 2002.  It was sold as NRE 7363 and sold as FWWR 2017.

2018, "Tarantula", SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1974, #73661-10, FN 73661-10, as Union Pacific 3252.  It was renumbered 8012 in April 1976 and returned as 3252 in June 1981.  It was retired on September 14, 2007, and sold as NRE 3252 in 2008.  It was sold as FWWR 2018 in October 2010.

2019, "Apache", GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1971, #37271, FN 7305-4, as Louisville & Nashville 4033, Class GP-38. It later became Seaboard System 4033 and was renumbered 6254. It was again renumbered 2163 and then became CSX Transportation 2163, Class GP-38. It was sold to NRE as 2163 and sold as FWWR 2019 "Apache"  in December 2009.

2020, "Wyatt Earp", GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1966, #31790, FN 7897-6, as Seaboard Air Line 621.  In July 1967 it became Seaboard Coast Line 1536 and later Seaboard System RR 1536.  It was renumbered 6692 and then became CSX 6692, Class GP-40.  It was sold as VMV Enterprises 6692 and rebuilt as United States Army 4631.  It was sold to NRE as 4631 and sold as FWWR 2020 in December 2011.

2021, GP40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1972, #7359-2, FN 7359-2, as Detroit Toledo & Ironton 407.  It became Grand Trunk Western 6407, Class GF-430j, in 1984 and sold to Progress Rail on March 1, 2002.  It was sold to RailCar Limited as RMPX 6407 in March 2002 and sold as FWWR 2021 in March 2012.

2022, GP40-2, was built in by Electro-Motive in October 1972, #7359-6, FN 7359-6, as DT&I 411.  It became GTW 6411, Class GF-430j, in 1984 and sold to Progress Rail on March 1, 2002.  It was sold as RMPX 6411 in March 2002 and sold as FWWR 2022 in March 2012.

2024, SD40-3, was built in by Electro-Motive in May 1967, #32827, FN 7971-20, as Southern Pacific 8913, Class EF636-2, SD45.  It was rebuilt in February 1983 as 7467, Class EF636LR-5, and retired on April 30, 1999.  It was sold to Boise Locomotive and rebuilt to CIT Financial as CEFX 3120.  It was sold as FWWR 2024 in June 2013.

2025 "Parker County", SD40M-2, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1966, #32506, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 1832, Class 1800, SD45.  It was renumbered 5532, Class 5500, in 1970 and rebuilt at San Bernardino in September 1983 as 5366, Class 5304.  It was sold as Morrison Knudsen Corp 5366 in 1994 and then to  Helm Leasing Corp as 5366 in May 1996.  It was rebuilt as CIT Financial CEFX 3145 on February 21, 2001, and sold as FWWR 2025 "Parker County" in July 2013..

103, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1950, #9228, as New York Central 5601, Class DRS-4a. It was reclassified Class ERS-15 in 1966 and became Penn Central 5601, Class ERS-15, in 1968. In April 1976 it became Consolidated Railroad Corp 5601, Class GP-7. It later was sold to Precision National in October 1979 and then sold to Chicago & North Western in March 1980. It entered service as C&NW 4439 on June 10, 1980. It was retired in May 1994 and sold to OmniTrax in October 1994. They rebuilt it as South Orient 103. It was sold to FWWR in 1999 and retained its identity but was relettered in 2003.

206 was built by Pullman Car Co in 1920 as Delaware Lackawanna & Western 687, an electric multiple unit car.  It was renumbered 2339 in 1930 and became Erie-Lackawanna 3339 in 1961.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 3339 in April 1976 and became New Jersey Transit 4339 in 1983.  It was sold as Strasburg RR 206 and rebuilt as FWWR 206 in 1992.  It was assigned as GVRR 207 in 2005.

207 was built by Pullman Car Co in 1920 as DL&W 702, an EMU.  It was renumbered 2354 in 1930 and became E-L 3354 in 1961.  It became Conrail 3354 in April 1976 and became NJT 4354 in 1983.  It was sold as Strasburg 207 and rebuilt as FWWR 207 in 1992.  It was assigned as GVRR 207 in 2005.

208 was built by Pullman Car Co in 1920 as DL&W 715, an EMU.  It was renumbered 2367 in 1930 and became E-L 3367 in 1961.  It became Conrail 3367 in April 1976 and became NJT 4367 in 1983.  It was sold as Strasburg 208 and rebuilt as FWWR 207 in 1992.  It was assigned as GVRR 208 in 2005.

209 was built by Pullman Car Co in 1920 as DL&W 703, an EMU.  It was renumbered 2355 in 1930 and became E-L 3355 in 1961.  It became Conrail 3355 in April 1976 and became NJT 4355 in 1983.  It was sold as Strasburg 209 and rebuilt as FWWR 209 in 1992.  It was assigned as GVRR 209 in 2005.

1808 and 1818 were built by American Car & foundry in 1927 for the Wabash RR. They were acquired from the Smoky Hill Railway Museum and rebuilt in 1993 with open sides which are glassed in during the winter.  They were assigned as Grapevine Vintage RR in 2005.

This un-numbered caboose came from Missouri Pacific. It was used as a ticket office at 7th Street and is now at Grapevine as GVRX 1.

MW01 was formerly Santa Fe 190465 and originally was a mail car.

Dublin is the former Texas Central station.

1744 was built by Baldwin in November 1901, #19671, as Southern Pacific 1744, Class M-6, a compound. It was simpled at Sacramento on January 6, 1912, and superheated at Sparks on July 16, 1919. It was retired on September 24, 1956, and donated to the National Society of the Sons of Utah Pioneers at Corinne, UT, on May 9, 1959. It then went to the Heber Creeper RR where it was operated until it was purchased by FWWR in 1990. Rebuilding was begun but never completed until it was sold to the New Orleans & Gulf Coast in 1999. They had a crew rebuild the locomotive at 7th Street prior to shipping it to New Orleans in October 2000. It made several break-in trips before shipment.  Unfortunately the excursion traffic never materialized and the service ended soon after it started.  It was sold in 2007 as Rio Grande Scenic RR 1744.

Since 1744 was gone, plans were made to acquire Texas & New Orleans 771.  When it was moved from Victoria to Grapevine it was found that the condition is bad that the only use would be for display.

 

 The history came from the The Handbook of Texas Online.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

5/2/2016

Memorial of Saint Bertinus the Younger

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

We must not wish anything other than what happens from moment to moment, all the while, however, exercising ourselves in goodness. And to refuse to exercise oneself in goodness, and to insist upon simply awaiting what God might send, would be simply to tempt God.

St. Catherine of Genoa