Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We are free of advertising on
this site but there are costs in internet services. If you enjoy this
site, we do need support. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
This leasing company had a number of 1st generation diesels which they offered in the early 1980s. A number of them are still in operation.
310, RS11, was built by Alco in March, 1956, #81467, as Norfolk & Western 310. It was sold to XTRA as 310 and leased as North Texas Central 310. It later went to the Border Pacific RR as 310 in March, 1984.
343, RS11, was built by Alco in June, 1957, #82342, as N&W 343. It was sold to XTRA as 343 and leased as NTC 343. I have no record of it's disposition.
405, RS11, was built by Alco in June, 1961, #83695, as N&W 405. It was sold to XTRA as 405 and leased as NTC 405. It was leased as Lone Star Track Inc 405. It went into the XTRA lease fleet in April, 1984. It was sent as Florida West Coast 405 in 1980s and transferred as New Hampshire & Vermont 405 in 1990s. It was sold and rebuilt as Lake State Ry 1195 "City of East Tawas" in 1995. It was retired.
609, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1952, #17346, FN 6416-3, as Florida East Coast 609. It was sold to XTRA and then to Iowa Northern as 609 in July 1981. In 1989 it became Kiamichi RR 707.
610, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 9152, #17347, FN 6416-4, as Florida East Coast 610. It was sold to XTRA and then to Iowa Northern as 610 in July 1981. It later became Kiamichi RR 704 and later Chaparral RR 704. It was sold as LRS Cos 704 and resold as Cargill Inc 704.
612, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1952, #17349, FN 6416-6, as Florida East Coast 612. It was sold to XTRA in January 1982. It was leased quickly to the North Central Texas as 612 "C. F. Tucker Courtney, Jr". In July, 1984, when the line quit operation, it was stored at the old Katy roundhouse in Fort Worth, which was being used by TG Ry for car rebuilding. When the roundhouse burned in mid 1986, the remains were sold to TGRy and scrapped.
613, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in May, 1953, #18444, FN 5183-3, as New York Central 5740, Class DRSP-4n. The steam generator was removed and the locomotive was reclassified DRS-4n. In 1966 it was reclassified ERS-15. In 1968 it became Penn Central 5740, Class ERS-15. In April, 1976, it became Consolidated Railroad Corp 5740, Class GP-7. XTRA purchased the locomotive in 1981 and renumbered it 613. After a short time on the NCT as 613, it was sent to the North Central Oklahoma as 613. In August, 1986, it went to the Wisconsin & Calumet. It is now Chicago Rail Link 613.
615, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1951, #14229, FN 5032-42, as New York Central 5667, Class DRS-4e. It was re-classified Class ERS-15 in 1966 and became Penn Central 5667, Class ERS-15, in 1968. It then became Conrail 5667, Class GP-7, in April 1976. It was sold to XTRA in 1984 and was assigned to North Central Texas as 615, but it was send to the North Central Oklahoma RR as 615. It then went to Wisconsin and Calumet as 615 and later to the Georgia Woodlands RR as 615.
616, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1951, #14192, as NYC 5630, Class DRS-4e. It was re-classified Class ERS-15 in 1966 and became Penn Central 5630, Class ERS-15, in 1968. It then became Conrail 5630, Class GP-7, in April 1976. It was sold to XTRA in 1984 and was sent to Wisconsin & Calumet as 616 where it was wrecked.
617, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1952, #15470, as NYC 5696, Class DRS-4h. It was re-classified Class ERS-15 in 1966 and became Penn Central 5696, Class ERS-15, in 1968. It then became Contrail 5696, Class GP-7, in April 1976. It was sold to XTRA in 1984 and was sent to WICT as 617. It later went to Chicago Rail Link as 617.
620, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive October 1952, #17357, as FEC 620. It was sold to XTRA and then to Farmrail as 620 in November 1981. It was later sold to Kiamichi RR as 702.
2873, RS36, was built in June 1962, #84104, as New York Chicago & St Louis 873, Class ARS-18E. It became Norfolk & Western 2873 in 1965 and sold as XTRA Inc 2873 in 1981. It was leased as North Central Oklahoma RR 2873 in 1981.
Roster info: Eric Fotaug
WebWork by rinity echnology Co.
Solemnity for St. Peter & Paul
Memorial of Our Lady of Linares
Act as if everyday were the last of your life, and each action the last you perform.
---St. Alphonsus Liguori