Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

 

Under Construction

The Milwaukee Electric Ry. & Light Co.

The Milwaukee Electric Ry. & Transport Co.

 City Cars 601 - 660

The first half of the cars were built by St. Louis Car in 1912 and were considerably more modern than the 500s which were built the year before. The second were built at Cold Springs in 1913 and were duplicates They were used in various services over the years. A number were permanently coupled to 1200 trailers with their rear controllers moved to the rear end of the trailers for a number of years allowing these trains to be operated in double end service.

601 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  It was modernized in 1927 for service to South Milwaukee.  This included addition of a smoking compartment and globe lights.  In 1930, with the arrival of the 1030 series, it was returned to city service. It served on Routes 19 and 37 for the remainder of it's lives.

602 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  The history was the same as 601.

603 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  The history was the same as 601.

604 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  It was used early in the Rapid Transit and painted in interurban colors.  Then the history was the same as 601.

605 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  It was used early in the Rapid Transit and painted in interurban colors.  Then the history was the same as 601.

606 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  The history was the same as 601.

607 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  The history was the same as 601.  It was sold to the Railroad Historical Foundation in 1950. It was scrapped in 1952 when they lost their home with the abandonment of Speedrail.

608 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  The history was the same as 601.

609 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  The history was the same as 601.

610 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  The history was the same as 601.

611 was built by St Louis Car in 1912. It was one-manned for service on Route 15 in 1927.

612 was built by St Louis Car in 1912. It was one-manned for service on Route 15 in 1927.

613 was built by St Louis Car in 1912. It was one-manned for service on Route 15 in 1928.

614 was built by St Louis Car in 1912. It was one-manned for service on Route 15 in 1928.

615 was built by St Louis Car in 1912. It was one-manned for service on Route 15 in 1928.

616 was built by St Louis Car in 1912. It was one-manned for service on Route 15 in 1928.

617 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

618 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

619 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

620 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

621 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

622 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

623 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

624 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

625 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

626 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928. It ended its days on the Lakeside Shuttle.

627 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

629 was built by St Louis Car in 1912.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

631 was built at Cold Springs in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

632 was built at Cold Springs in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

633 was built at Cold Springs in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

634 was built at Cold Springs in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

635 was built at Cold Springs in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

636 was built at Cold Springs in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

637 was built at Cold Springs in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

638 was built at Cold Springs in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

639 was built at Cold Springs in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

640 was built at Cold Springs in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

641 was built at Cold Springs in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

642 was built at Cold Springs in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

643 was built at Cold Springs in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

644 was built at Cold Springs in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

645 was built at Cold Springs in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

646 was built at Cold Springs in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

647 was built at Cold Springs in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

648 was built at Cold Springs in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

649 was built at Cold Springs in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

650 was built at Cold Spring in 1913.  It was reconditioned as a two man car in 1928.

651 was built at Cold Spring in 1913.  It was rebuilt as Wisconsin Traction Light Heat & Power Co 200 in 1924 and returned as TMER&L 651 in 1928.  It was retired in 1948.  One interesting spotting difference on the cars was the anti-climber on the cars which served in Appleton.

652 was built at Cold Spring in 1913.  It was rebuilt as WTLH&P 201 in 1924 and returned as TMER&L 652 in 1928.  It was retired in 1948.

653 was built at Cold Spring in 1913.  It was rebuilt as WTLH&P 202 in 1924 and returned as TMER&L 653 in 1928.  It was retired in 1948.

654 was built at Cold Spring in 1913.  It was rebuilt as WTLH&P 203 in 1924 and returned as TMER&L 654 in 1928.  It was retired in 1948.

655 was built at Cold Spring in 1913.  It was rebuilt as WTLH&P 204 in 1924 and returned as TMER&L 655 in 1928.  It was retired in 1948.

656 was built at Cold Spring in 1913.  It was rebuilt as WTLH&P 205 in 1924 and returned as TMER&L 656 in 1928.  It was retired in 1948.

657 was built at Cold Spring in 1913.  It was rebuilt as WTLH&P 206 in 1924 and returned as TMER&L 657 in 1928.  It was retired in 1948.

658 was built at Cold Spring in 1913.  It was rebuilt as WTLH&P 207 in 1924 and returned as TMER&L 658 in 1928.  It was retired in 1948.

659 was built at Cold Spring in 1913.  It was rebuilt as WTLH&P 208 in 1924 and returned as TMER&L 659 in 1928.  It was retired in 1948.

660 was built at Cold Spring in 1913.  It was rebuilt as WTLH&P 209 in 1924 and returned as TMER&L 660 in 1928.  It was one-manned in 1929 and retired in 1949.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

5/29/2015

Memorial of Saint Eleutherius of Rocca d’Arce

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

The blessed lady, Mother of our Savior, may well be called a morning, since before her there was none without sin.  After her, the most clear sun Christ Jesus showed His light to the world.

--St. John Fisher