Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We are free of advertising on
this site but there are costs in internet services. If you enjoy this
site, we do need support. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
Utah Short Lines and Industrial Railroads
Big West Oil LLC
RSSX 7016, LEAF, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1953, #17654, FN 4178-2, as Grand Trunk Western 7016, Class GS-12c, SW9. It was retired in October 1988 and sold to Rail Switching Service as RSSX as RSSX 7016 in January 1989. It was rebuilt by Railserve as LEAF in 2012. It was leased to BWO in 2014.
Carbon County Ry.
1201, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1953, #17870, FN 4209-1, as Duluth Missabe & Iron Range 11, Class DS-1. It was sold as CC 1201 in June 1958 and transferred to United States Steel Corp in April 1984.
ECDC Environmental LLC
East Carbon Development Center
4355, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1956, #21299, FN 5435-11, as Southern Pacific 5475, Class DF-124. It was renumbered 3948, Class EF618-4, in 1965 and rebuilt as 4355, Class EF618-1, in 1988. It was sold as ECDC 4355.
Fluor Daniel Fernald Inc.
1250 "Cap'n Jack", RS4TC, was built by Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton-Whitcomb in October 1953, #61205, as United States Army 1250. It was transferred to Department of Energy 1250 and sold as OHFX 1250 "Cap'n Jack". It was sold as Peterson Industrial Depot 1250 in April 2014.
1258 "Susan B" , RS4TC, was built by Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton-Whitcomb in October 1953, #61213, as USA 1258. It was transferred to DOE 1250 and sold to FDF as OHFX 1258 "Susan B". It was sold as PID 1258 in April 2014.
Flying J Oil & Gas Co.
1, SW600, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1962, #26932, FN 4449-1, as Arizona Public Service Co 1. It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co 1 and later sold to Flying J Oil & Gas Co 1.
Geneva Steel Corp.
42, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1954, #19496, FN 4246-2, as Southern Pacific 4623, Class DF-304. It was reclassified as Class DS-604 in 1963 and renumbered as 1128, Class ES408-4, in 1966. It was then sold to U S Steel Corp as 42 and later became GSCorp as 42 in 1987.
Heber Valley RR
Deer Creek Scenic Ry.
Wasatch Mountain Ry.
75 was built by Baldwin in September 1907, #31778, as Great Western RR 75. It was sold to Denver NRHS in June 1966 and resold to GW 75 Railroad Co in June 1966. It was sold to HVRR as 75 in 1999.
100 was built by Baldwin in June 1926, #59284, as Charles R. McCormick Lumber Co 4. It was sold as Pope & Talbot Lumber Co 100 in June 1938 and sold as Santa Maria Valley RR 100 in 1942. It was sold as White Mountain Scenic Ry 100 in 1962 and sold as Wasatch Mountain Ry 100 in 1976. It was sold to Fred Kepner Estate in 1999.
1744 was built by Baldwin in November 1901, #19671, as Southern Pacific
1744, Class M-6, a compound. It was simpled at Sacramento on January 6, 1912,
and superheated at Sparks on July 16, 1919. It was retired on September 24,
1956, and donated to the National Society of the Sons of Utah Pioneers at
Corinne, UT, on May 9, 1959. It then went to the Heber Creeper RR where it was
operated until it was purchased by Fort Worth & Western in 1990. Rebuilding was begun but never
completed until it was sold to the
New Orleans & Gulf
Coast in 1999. They had a crew rebuild the locomotive at 7th
Street prior to shipping it to New Orleans in October 2000. It made several
break-in trips before shipment. Unfortunately the excursion traffic never
materialized and the service ended soon after it started. It was sold
in 2007 as Rio Grande Scenic RR 1744.
It was sold in 2007 as Rio Grande Scenic RR 1744.
1000, NW2, Class S-62, was built by Electro-Motive on October
10, 1939, #889, as General Motors Corp 889. It was sold as
Union Pacific 1000 in March 1940 and sold as Stockton Terminal & Eastern RR
Stockton Terminal & Eastern RR1000 in August 1966. It was sold as Western Pacific 607, Class S-62, in 1969. It was assigned as Sacramento Northern 607, Class S-62, in 1973 and retired in September 1983. It was donated in DCS as UP 1000 in October 1984. It was sold to Nevada State Railroad Museum in March 1993.
Kennecott Copper Mining Co.
We have a full page on this mining company.
Peterson Industrial Depot
1250, RS4TC, was built by Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton-Whitcomb in October 1953, #61205, as United States Army 1250. It was transferred to Department of Energy 1250 and sold to Fluor Daniel Fernald as OHFX 1250 "Cap'n Jack". It was sold as PID 1250 in April 2014.
1258, RS4TC, was built by Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton-Whitcomb in October 1953, #61213, as USA 1258. It was transferred to DOE 1250 and sold to FDF as OHFX 1258 "Susan B". It was sold as PID 1258 in April 2014.
Rocky Mountain Railcar Co.
113, SW7, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1949, #10938, FN 6034-7, as Northern Pacific 113. It became Burlington Northern 113, Class SW-7, in 1970 and retired in October 1985. It was sold as Great Western Ry 113 in October 1985 and resold as RMRR 113. It was sold to Railway Engineering & Supply Co as Rescar 113 and sold to L&L Railway Equipment Co as LLRX 113. It was leased as Sheffield Steel Co 6406 and returned as LLRX 113. It was sold sold to LRS Companies.
118, SW7, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1950, #8496. FN E1196-4, as
Chicago Burlington & Quincy 9252. It became
118, Class SW-7, in 1970 and
sold as GWR in October 1985. It was sold as RMRR 118.
118, Class SW-7, in 1970 and sold as GWR in October 1985. It was sold as RMRR 118.
Salt Lake City Southern RR
This line has become part of Utah RR.
2151, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1953, #18888, FN
6522-8, as Atchison
Topeka & Santa Fe
2151, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1953, #18888, FN
6522-8, as Atchison
Topeka & Santa Fe
Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe2871, Class 2650, It was rebuilt at Cleburne in February 1979 as 2151,
Class 2050. It was sold as San Diego & Imperial Valley RR 2151 and transferred as SLCS 2151 in May 1997. It was transferred to Texas-New Mexico RR in November 1999 but not lettered.
2207, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1951, #13185, FN 5054-10, as AT&SF 2664, Class 2650. It was rebuilt in Cleburne in September 1980 as 2207, Class 2050. It was retired in July 1991 and sold to Railtex in November 1991. It became Dallas Garland & NorthEastern 2207 in April 1992 and later it was sent to SLCSRR as 2207 in 1993. It then became Georgia Southwestern RR as 2207 in 2007 and became Valdosta Ry 2207 in March 2007.
3739, GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1969, #34862, FN 7158-40, as Baltimore & Ohio 3739, Class GP-40. It was wrecked in 1976 and restored. It was leased as 9739 on August 13, 1979, until January 1980. It was returned as GATX 3739 on May 17, 1984, and rebuilt by Livingston Rebuild Center as Burlington Northern 3084, Class GP40G, in April 1989. It was retired on February 28, 1992, and returned to GATX on June 1, 1992. It was leased to Missouri & Northern Arkansas as 3084 in December 1992 and transferred as SLCS 3084 in 1995. It was transferred as Central Oregon & Pacific 3084 and renumbered 4024 in 1998.
3821, GP38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1967, #33359, FN 7060-42, as B&O 3841, Class GP-38. It was later 2041 and then came CSX Transportation 2041, Class GP-38. It was retired on March 30, 1992, and was sold for Housatonic RR on August 11, 1992. It was sold on September 8, 1992, on Conrail and became Conrail Leasing Co as 305 on 1994. It then came to Central Oregon & Pacific as 5041 on April 5, 1995, and was renumbered 3821 on August 1998. It was transferred as SLCSRR 3821 on August 1999 and then Godrich-Exeter RR 3821 on December 1999.
5556, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1966, #32665, FN 7946-6, as Maine Central RR 256, Class DRS-4. It was sold as Helm Leasing Corp 256 and renumbered 3614. It was sold as Missouri & Northern Arkansas RR 5556 and transferred as SL 5556. It was renumbered and transferred as Arizona Eastern Ry 3815 and transferred as Central Oregon & Pacific 3815. It was transferred as Kiamichi RR 3815. It was sold to Bro-Tex International Metals in October 2011.
Salt Lake Garfield & Western
We have a full page on this dieselized trolley line.
Southern Utah RR
100 was built by Lima in October 1909, #1088. It was sold as U S Smelting & Mining Co 2060 and resold as Cia. Real del Monte y Pachuca 2060. It was sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive Co and resold as San Antonio & Aransas Pass 270 on June 16, 1923. It was sold as Texas & New Orleans 870, Class C-21, in May 1923 and scrapped in September 1950.
This narrow gauge was built in 1904 from Mack, CO, and opened 53 miles near Dragon, UT. Another 4 miles the final line for 1911 at Rainbow. The entire reason was the Gilsonite was used in a asphalt for several uses in paints, drilling muds, foundry sand additives, and over 160 products. The route was curved and graded with almost no level. The only level was at the first of Mack. Coal was served at a company mine at Carbonera and water was carried from Mack to Dragon. There were 11 locomotives, 5 passenger cars, 12 livestock cars, 24 gondolas, 18 boxcars, and 71 flat cars.
The line was closed in 1939 and truck service replaced the line.
40 was built by Baldwin in December 1913, #40953. It was scrapped in 1939.
50 was built by Baldwin in May 1926, #59261. It was sold as Sumpter Valley RR 250 in 1939 and sold as International Railways of Central America 250 in 1947.
Utah Central Ry.
30, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in March 1955, #32510, as Sioux City Terminal Ry 3. It was sold as Peninsula Terminal Co 3 in January 1966 and sold to Hall Buck Marine as 30. It was returned to PTCo and sold as UCRy 30.
8501, B39-8, was built by General Electric in October 1987, #45410, as LMX Corp 8501. It was sold as Railway Equipment Leasing Co 8501 in June 2001 and sold as UCRy 8501.
Utah Copper Co.
5 was built by Baldwin in September 1923, #57092. It was transferred as Nevada Consolidated Copper Co 34 at Santa Rita, NM, in 1929 and renumbered as 85 at Ruth, NV, in 1938. It was sold to E J Lavino & Co 34 at Sheridan, PA, in 1946. It was donated to National Railway Historical Society Roanoke Chapter in January 1970. It was apparently traded to Virginia Scrap Iron & Metal Co for Norfolk & Western locomotives.
Utah Southern RR
3000, SD40-2. was built by Electro-Motive in February 1972, #7334-42, FN 7334-42, as Union Pacific 3164. It was retired on January 24, 2008, and sold to Larry's Truck Equipment Co. It was numbered LTEX 3000 and sold as USRC 3000 on October 16, 2008.
3001, SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1972, #5819-16, FN 5819-16, as UP 3188. It was retired on January 24, 2008, and sold as LTE 3001. It was leased as USRC 3001 on October 16, 2008. It was sold to Western Rail as WRIX 3001 in January 2012 and sold to WATCo as WAMX 4205 in May 2014.
Utah Transit Authority
7, MP36PH-3C, was built by Motive Power Industries in May 2007, #0206-07.
Roster information: Randy Keller, Bob Lehmuth, Don Strack
WebWork by rinity
Memorial of Saint Gabriel Lalemant, martyred in Ontario in 1649
The secret of happines is to live moment by moment and to thank God for what He is sending us every day in His goodness.
— St. Gianna Molla