Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

 

Louisiana Short Lines and Industrial Railroads

 

Acadiana Ry.

412, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1948, #5512, as St Louis-San Francisco 252.  It became Burlington Northern 412, Class NW-2, in December 1980 and was retired in June 1982.  It was sold to Colorado & Eastern RR as 412 in July 1982 and sold to Dixie River RR as 412.  It was sold as AKDN 412.

701, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1963, #28161, as Union Pacific 701. It was retired on July 29, 1989.  It was leased to Mineral Wells & Eastern as 701 in October 1989 and was sold as MW&E 701 in February 1990.  It was sold in March 1992 as AKDN 701.

4128, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1951, #15176, FN 5111-5, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 1217.  It was rebuilt at Paducah on March 25, 1976, as 4453.  It went to Precision National in April 1980 and was sold to Chicago & North Western in February 1981.  It entered service on April 22, 1981, as 4128. It was to Larry's Truck Equipment Co.  It was sold as AKDN 4128 in March 2000.


Arkla Chemical Co.

60, VO660, was built in May 1942, #65253, as Alabama Tennesee & Northern 600.  It was merged as St Louis-San Francisco as 60 and later sold to Foreman Portland Cement Co as 60.  It was later rosold as ACCo as 60 in 1967.


Charles Black Gravel Co.

10 was built by Alco-Brooks in February 1909, #44949, as New Orleans Great Northern 13.  It became Gulf Mobile & Northern 10 in 1933 and Gulf Mobile & Ohio 10 in 1940.  It was sold to Black and kept the same number.


Brown Paper Mill Co.

Olin Mathieson Chemical Co.

We have a page on OM.


Calcasieu Paper Co.

Industrial Lumber Co.

Industrial Lumber Co became Calcasieu Paper Co in 1925.

107 was built by Baldwin in September 1919, #52255.  It was sold to Hartford Lambright in August 1965 and resold to Steam Era Locomotive & Car Co in 1977.  It was sent to Fort Edmonton Park in Alberta where it is in operation.


Comite Southern RR

1 was built by Baldwin in 1919, #52207, as Red River & Gulf 104. It was later sold to CS as 1 and then to Louisiana Eastern as 1. In October 1961 it was sold to Stone Mountain RR and "dooded up" to represent one of the General II from the Great Locomotive Chase.

2 was built by Baldwin in May 1922, #55390, as San Antonio & Aransas Pass 60. It later became Texas & New Orleans 220, Class E-40, in 1925. It was later renumbered 220 on August 31, 1950 and then sold to CS as 2 on September 14, 1954. It later became LE 2 and was sold to SMSRR and dressed up as Texas II in May 1962.


Delta Southern RR

101, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1951, #13708, as  Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 242C, Class 200, an F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne on May 24, 1973, as 2570, Class 2417, and retired on June 26, 1987,  It was sold to  National Railway Equipment Co. in July 1987 and sold as DSRR 101.

102, CF7, was built in March 1948, #5398, as AT&SF 22C, Class 16, an F3A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in March 1972 as 2626, Class 2417, and sold to National Railway Equipment Co.  It was sold as DSRR 102.

103, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1949, #7757, as  AT&SF 207C, Class 200, an F7A. It was retired on November 8, 1974, and was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2476, Class 2417, in September 1976. It was retired June 29, 1987, and sold to NRE.   It became DSRR as 103.

104, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1951, #13729, as AT&SF 260L, Class 200, an F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2605, Class 2417, in September 1972.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co and sold as DSRR 104.

105, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1946, #2737, as AT&SF 20L, Class 16, an F3A. It was rebuilt at Cleburne on February 14, 1972, as 2629, Class 2417, and was retired on June 26, 1987, It was sold to NRE on July 1987 and later sold to DSRR as 105.

106, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1953, #18921, as AT&SF 274L, Class 200. an F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in August 1972 as 2607, Class 2417, and retired on June 26, 1987.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co in July 1987 and sold to DSRR as 106.


Dixie River RR

412, Class NW-2, was built in April 1948, #5512, as St Louis-San Francisco 252.  It became Burlington Northern 412, Class NW-2, in December 1980 and was retired in June 1982.  It was sold to Colorado & Eastern RR as 412 in July 1982 and sold to Dixie River RR as 412.  It was sold as Acadiana Ry 412.

413, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1948, #5513, as SL-SF 253. It became BN 413, Class NW-2, in December 1980, and was retired in June 1982. It was sold to COE as 413 in July 1982 and sold to DRRR as 413. It was then sold to Mississippi Delta Equipment Co as 413.

415, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1948, #6248, as SL-SF 255. It became BN 415, Class NW-2, in December 1980, and was retired in June 1982. It was sold to C&ERR as 415 in July 1982 and sold to DRRR as 415. It then was sold to MDECo 415 and then Union Tank Car Co 415.


Enterprise Lumber Co

4 was built by Lima in December 1906, #1799.  It was sold as Cherry River Boom & Lumber Co 16 and sold to F C Cooke Co in 1952.  It was leased as Beech Mountain RR 16 in 1953 and returned as Cooke-Natwick Co in 1954.  It was sold was Ely Thomas Lumber Co 2 in 1956 and sold to Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in April 1966.  It has been shown as Leetonia Ry 1.


Feliciana Eastern RR

16 was built by Alco-Schenectady in 1923, #64915, as Mississippi Central RR 140. It was later Louisiana Eastern 16 in 1953 and resold as FE 15 in 1956.

204, RS1, was built by Alco in January 1945 #73097, as Minneapolis & St Louis 1144.  It was renumbered 204 in March 1956 and sold as Feliciana Eastern 204 in August 1959.  It became Jahncke Services 203 and became Gifford-Hill & Co 204.


Gaylord Container Co.

We have pictures of this electric switching operation.


Gifford-Hill Co.

This is a national company.


Gloster & Southern

This line is part of Mississippi.


Green Brothers Sand & Gravel Co.

Standard Sand & Gravel Co.

66 was an 0-6-0 from an unknown source.

210 was built by Alco-Brooks in November 1912, #52259, as Illinois Central 210. It was sold to GBS&G as 210 in November 1954.

156, Class S-14, was built by Lima in March 1924, #6772, as Texas & New Orleans 156, Class S-14.  It was renumbered 842 on October 31, 1953.  It was sold as GBS&GCo 842 on January 21, 1956, and becane SS&GCo 842.  It was donated to the Casey Jones Museum in 1928.


Jackson Ready-Mix Co.

3571 was built by Baldwin in July 1926, #59372, as Chicago & Illinois Western 802.  It was transferred as Illinois Central 3571  in 1950 and was sold as JRM 3571  in 1960.


Jahncke Services

204, RS1, was built by Alco in January 1945 #73097, as Minneapolis & St Louis 1144.  It was renumbered 204 in March 1956 and sold as Feliciana Eastern 204 in August 1959.  It became JS 204 and became Gifford-Hill & Co 204.


Louisiana & North West

We have a full page on this railroad.


Louisiana Cypress Lumber Co.

2 was built by Lima in March 1906, #1027, as Ellisville Lumber Co 1027.  It was sold as Kola Lumber Co 1027 in 1912 and sold Williams Lumber Co 1027 in 1920.  It was sold as Joseph Rathborne Lumber Co 1027 in May 1921.  It was stored in 1929 and re-opened as LCLCo 2 in 1936.  It was sold to Railway Historical Society of Milwaukee in July 1960 which became Mid-Continent Railway Museum in 1963.


Louisiana Eastern RR

1 was built by Baldwin in 1919, #52207, as Red River & Gulf 104. It was later sold to Comite Southern as 1 and then to LE as 1. In October 1961 it was sold to Stone Mountain RR and "dooded up" to represent one of the General II from the Great Locomotive Chase.

2 was built by Baldwin in May 1922, #55390, as San Antonio & Aransas Pass 60. It later became Texas & New Orleans 220, Class E-40, in 1925. It was later renumbered 220 on August 31, 1950 and then sold to CS as 2 on September 14, 1954. It later became LE 2 and was sold to SMSRR and dressed up as Texas II in May 1962.

6 was built by Alco-Schenectady in October 1920, #62533, as Illinois Central 1196. It was sold to LE as 6 in April 1958 and scrapped in 1962.

16 was built by Alco-Schenectady in 1923, #64915, as Mississippi Central RR 140. It was later LE 16 in 1953 and resold as Feliciana Eastern 15 in 1956.

27 was built by Alco-Cooke in November 1917, #58173, as IC 305. It was sold to LE as 27 in January 1957 and scrapped in 1962.

29 was built by Lima in June 1929, #7372, as Chicago & IllinoisWestern 803.  It was transferred as IC 3572  in 1951 and was sold as LE 29 in 1959.


Louisiana Southern RR

502, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in August 1941, #13190, as North Carolina Shipbuilding Co 3002.  It was transferred as United States Maritime Commission 2 and was sold as Alexander RR 1 in March 1946.  It was resold as LSRR 502 in August 1946 and transferred as New Orleans & Northeeastern 6841 in August 1959.  It was sold to Little Giant Co in 1972 and damaged and retired.


Mansfield Hardwood Lumber Co.

9.


Mississippi River Sugar Belt RR

4 was built by Baldwin in 1904, #26316.  It was wrecked in 1955 and scrapped in 1956.

5 was built by Dickson Locomotive Co in 1899, #1017.  It was scrapped in 1942.


Monroe Sand & Gravel Co.

100. 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1946, #28495, as Laurinburg & Southern 100.  It was sold as Monroe Sand & Gravel Co 100 and sold as Arkansas & Louisiana Missouri 34.  It was sold as George R Silcott Railway Equipment Co 34.


Natchitoches Parish Port

SILX 2036, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1968, #33520, FN 4527-1, as Toledo Peoria & Western 303. It was sold to Chrome Crankshaft in December 1983, and later sold as National Aeronautical & Space Administration 1 in 1985.  It was sold to Natchitoches Parish Port in 2014 and made arrangements with S&I Locomotive Services so that it was SILX  2036


New Orleans & Gulf Coast Ry.

This is part of the Rio Grande Pacific group.


New Orleans Public Belt RR

15 was built by Baldwin in September 1915, #42353. It was retired on April 5, 1950.

17 was built by Baldwin in September 1915, #42355.  It was retired on April 5, 1950.

43, VO660, was built by Baldwin in March 1942, #64242.  It was retired in 1969.

103. SW1000, was built by Electo-Motive in August 1971, #37390, FN 7309-3.  It was sold to Watco in October 1998 and was later renumbered 1702.

106, SW1000, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1971, #37393. It was sold to Watco in October 1998 and was later renumbered 1701.

3000, GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1970, #35920, FN 7229-24, as Seaboard Coast Line 1619.  It became Seaboard System 1619 in January 1983 and renumbered 6773 in 1984.  It became CSX Transportation 6773, Class GP-40, in April 1986 and sold to National Railway Equipment Co.  It was sold as Point Comfort & Northern 3000 and sold to J&L Consulting.  It was sold as NOPB 3003.


North Louisiana & Gulf RR

MidLouisiana Rail Corp

27.

40, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1950, #13513, as Louisiana & North West 40. This was one of the few new locomotives, and it became NL&G 40 in 1969. It later went to Hercules Powder as 76 and then to Inman Services as 40. It later was sold to Webb Asset Management as 802.

45, MP15DC, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1975, #75619-4.  It was returned in 1991 and sold to Canadian Pacific as 1437 in 1996.

46, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1967, #33797, FN 7076-1, as Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines 2000, Class EF-20.  It became Penn Central 2000, Class EF-20.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 7660, Class GP-38, in April 1976.  It was sold as NL&G 46 and sold to MidSouth Rail in July 1987 but never relettered.  It was sold as Iowa Interstate RR 600 in February 1988 and sold to General American Transportation Co as GMTX 2080 in January 2007.


Joseph Rathborne Lumber Co.

1027 was built by Lima in March 1906, #1027, as Ellisville Lumber Co 1027.  It was sold as Kola Lumber Co 1027 in 1912 and sold Williams Lumber Co 1027 in 1920.  It was sold as JRLCo 1027 in May 1921.  It was stored in 1929 and re-opened as Louisiana Cypress Lumber Co 2 in 1936.  It was sold to Railway Historical Society of Milwaukee in July 1960 which became Mid-Continent Railway Museum in 1963.


Red River & Gulf RR

104 was built by Baldwin in 1919, #52207. It was later sold to Comite Southern as 1 and then to Louisiana Eastern as 1. In October 1961 it was sold to Stone Mountain RR and "dooded up" to represent one of the General II from the Great Locomotive Chase.


Safety Rail Service

144 CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1951, #13712, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 244C, Class 200.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2586,  Class 2417 in January 1973 and sold to National Railway Equipment.  It was sold as MidSouth Rail 7006 and became Kansas City Southern 7006 in January 1994.  It was sold as L&D 7006 in February 1994  and transferred as GWI Switching Services 1510.  It was transferred as Louisiana & Delta 1510 in March 1998 and sold as SRS 144 in October 2002.


Saint Charles Grain Elevator Co.

This un-numbered 45 Ton locomotive was built by General Electric in 1962, #34445, and later ended up at Larry's Truck Equipment Co.


Stupp Corp.

20, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1955, #20678, as Chicago & Illinois Midland 20, Class SW-1200.  It was sold as David J Joseph Co 20 and sold to Mobile Locomotive Services.  It was sold as Stupp 20.


Superior Tie & Timber Co.

7, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1940, #1184, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 1631, Class DE-6.  It was reclassified Class 6E-S.  It was renumbered 975 in 1959 and 947 in 1972.  It was renumbered 879 in January 1973 and retired in May 1980.  It was sold as ST&TCo 7 in October 1980 and resold as Northern Railcar Corp 1.  It was sold to Didion Milling but never relettered.


Texas Pacific-Missouri Pacific Terminal RR

24, RS3, was built by Alco in April 1956, #81897.  It was renumbered Missouri Pacific 959 in 1962 and rebuilt in September 1966 as 1071.


Tremont & Gulf RR

28 was built by Baldwin in 1917, #47032, as United States Army 396. It was later renumbered 645 and then later 2 of the Claiborne & Polk Training Ry. After WWII, it was sold to the T&G as 28. The T&G sold the 28 to Southern Pine Lumber Co which kept the same number. SPL donated the locomotive in 1973 and it was moved to the Texas State RR in February 1976.

30 was also built by Baldwin in September 1917. #46491. It was converted from coal to oil in 1923. In May 1954 it was sold to the Magma Arizona RR and became their 7. The last run on the MA was June 10, 1967, and the locomotive was sold to the TSR on May 6, 1974. It was shipped shortly afterwards. It was rebuilt and placed into service in May 1978.


Vicksburg Shreveport & Pacific RR

367 was built by Baldwin in April 1920, #53091.  It was sold as Illinois Central 3969 in 1926 and sold for scrap in March 1966.

381 was built by Baldwin in February 1919, 51259.  It became IC 1301 in 1926 and renumbered 995 in July 1937.  It was renumbered 1001in May 1943 and scrapped in March 1954.


Williams Lumber Co.

1027 was built by Lima in March 1906, #1027, as Ellisville Lumber Co 1027.  It was sold as Kola Lumber Co 1027 in 1912 and sold  WLCo 1027 in 1920.  It was sold as Joseph Rathborne Lumber Co 1027 in May 1921.  It was stored in 1929 and re-opened as Louisiana Cypress Lumber Co 2 in 1936.  It was sold to Railway Historical Society of Milwaukee in July 1960 which became Mid-Continent Railway Museum in 1963.


Willis Short Line RR

This road served a gravel pit at Enon, LA.

200 was built by Baldwin in August 1889, #10209, as Texas & Pacific 200, Class D-2. It was later sold to Cinclaire Central Plantation and then to Willis in 1955. It was scrapped in the late 1960s.

 

Roster information: Randy Keller, Mike Palmieri

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

12/22/2016

Memorial of Saint Chaeremon of Nilopolis

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

The most deadly poison of our times is indifference.  And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits.  Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers.

-- St. Maximilian Kolbe