Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Pennsylvania Trolley Lines

 

Allegheny Valley Street Ry.

It was a West Penn Rys line.


Allentown & Bethlehem Rapid Transit Co.

1 was built by Briggs Car in 1891.  It became Lehigh Valley Transit Co 213 in December 1905 and scrapped in 1918.

4 was built by Briggs Car in 1891.  It became LVT 219 in December 1905 and scrapped in 1918.

23 was built by Stephenson in 1891.  It became Allentown & Lehigh Valley Traction 74 in 1895.

43 was built by Newburyport Car in 1892.


Allentown & Lehigh Valley Traction Co.

28 was built by Brill in 1893.

74 was built by Stephenson in 1891 as Allentown & Bethlehem Rapid Transit 23.  It became A&LVT 74 in 1895.

101 was built by Stephenson in 1894.


Allentown & Reading Traction Co.

The Allentown & Kutztown built a standard gauge line between those two cities in 1902. That same year it leased a broad gauge line from Kutztown to Reading and changed its name to A&RT. Due to the gauge difference, passengers had to change cars in Kutztown. In 1929, the standard gauge division was cut back to East Texas, near Allentown, and the connection was broken. In 1930, the broad gauge division was abandoned, and in 1934, the remaining standard gauge trackage was abandoned.

33 was built by Brill in 1902 for the broad gauge line.

34 was built by Brill in 1902.


Altoona & Logan Valley Electric Co.

We have a full page on this company.


Beaver Valley Traction Co,

610.


Buffalo & Lake Erie Traction Co.

Buffalo & Erie Ry.

This line was mainly in New York.


Carlisle & Mount Holly Ry.

2.


Chambersburg Greencastle & Waynesboro Street Ry.

15 was built by GC&WSRy in 1917.  It went as Hagerstown & Frederick Ry 15 with a connection at Shady Grove, Pa. in 1932. Disposition is unknown.

48 was built by Brill in 1926. It went to H&F, also, since they were owned by Potomac Edison, too. It was retired in 1949 and disposition is unknown.


Citizen Traction Co.

76 was built by Brill Car Co in January 1920, #20927.  It was sold as Sioux City Service Co 233 in 1928.

88 was built by Brill Car Co in January 1920, #20927. It was sold as SCS 236 in 1928.


Conestoga Traction Co.

65 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in June 1984, #2785.

65 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in June 1984, #2785.

133.


Delaware River Port Authority

Port Authority Transit Co.

We have a full page on this heavy rail operation.


Fairmount Park Transit Co.

We have a full page on this Philadelphia park trolley line.


Greensburg & Hempfield Electric Ry.

2.


Johnstown Traction Co.

We have a full page on this company.


Lehigh Traction Co.

70 "Harleigh".


Port Authority of Allegheny County

We have a full page on light rail in Pittsburgh.


Reading Street Ry.

We have a full page on this company.


Schuykill Ry.

501 was built by Brill Car Co in  April 1920, #21081, for Slate Belt Electric Street Ry.  It was cancelled and sold in Feb 1923, #21737, as Schuykill Ry 502.  It was sold as Sunbury-Copper Cliff Suburban Transit Co 30 in 1929 and scrapped in October 1950.


Scranton Transit Co.

We have a full page on this company.


Shade Gap Electric Ry.

This trolley museum is located at Rockhill Furnace, PA.

172 was built by Compania Carris de Ferro do Porto in 1929. In 1946 it was renumbered from 292 to 172. In 1965 it was retired and sold to Railways to Yesterday at Rockhill Furnace, PA.


Shippensburg Newburg & Western Electric Ry.

This 10 mile line began contruction betweeen Shippensburg and Roxbury in 1913 but apparently never finished.

1 "C. O. Sweet" was built by Baldwin Locomotive in October 1910 #40742.


Southeastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority

PCCs.

Former Birmingham PCCs.

Light Rail Cars.

Heavy Rail.

Electric MU Cars.


Steubenville East Liverpool & Beaver Valley Traction Co.

"Beaver" was built by Kuhlman Car in March 1926, #828.  It was sold as Lehigh Valley Transit Co 430 in 1938.

"East Liverpool" was built by Kuhlman Car in March 1926, #828.  It was sold as LVT 432 in 1938.

"Steubenville" was built by Kuhlmnan Car in March 1926, #828.  It was sold as LVT 435 in 1938.

"Stratton" was built by Kuhlman Car in March 1926, #828.  It was sold as LVT 431 in 1938.

"Toronto" was built by Kuhlman Car in March 1926, #828.  It was sold as LVT 434 in 1938.


Stroudsburg & Water Gap Ry.

Water Gap & Portland Ry.

Stroudsburg Water Gap & Portland Ry.

Stroudsburg Traction Co.

S&WG opened a 4 mile line in 1902 and merged in 1911 with WG&P for a total of 10 miles of road.  It was reoganized as STCo in 1917 and began bus service in 1925.  Rail service ended in 1928.

2 was built by Brill, Order #15628.


Sunbury & Selinsgrove Railway

The Sunbury and Selinsgrove was a small town trolley line that connected the two named towns on opposite sides of the broad Susquehanna River. A two lane toll bridge spanned the river and was shared by the trolleys. It was abandoned in 1935.

114 thru 116 wer built by Brill in 1926 and were sold in 1935 to Third Avenue Railway where they became 1260 thru 1262.

114 entered service as TARS 1260 on March 23, 1936. It was scrapped in late July 1948.

115 entered service as TARS 1261 on March 23, 1936. It was scrapped on July 31, 1948.


Tarentum Brackenridge & Butler Street Ry.

102 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1902 as Allegheny Valley Street Ry 21.  It became West Penn Rys 320 in 1914 and sold as TB&B 102 around 1920.


Waverly Sayre & Athens Traction Co.

This line was interstate and owned by New York folks.


Wilkes-Barre & Hazelton Ry.

Lehigh Traction Co.

WB&H was an electric railway in Luzerne County connecting the cities of Wilkes-Barre and Hazleton. It operated from 1903 to 1933 using a third rail and had no grade crossings. It was approximately thirty miles long and had one tunnel between Warrior Run and Nuangola through Penobscot Knob which Interstate 81 now crosses.

Prominent Hazleton banker and coal-mine owner Alvin Markle obtained a railway-company charter in 1892 and the Wilkes-Barre & Hazleton Railroad incorporated in New Jersey in 1899. Service opened from Hazleton to Ashley in 1903 but did not reach Wilkes-Barre until the 1907 completion of a 3rd-floor downtown station with a viaduct 34 feet in height and 1040 feet in length. General Electric had the contract for providing the electrification infrastructure. The completion of Route 309 greatly shortened the trip between Wilkes-Barre and Hazleton by road, leading to the Interstate Commerce Commission approval of abandonment in 1933.

The company's subsidiary, the LTC, operated a 22 mile trolley line between Hazleton and Freeland, serving an anthracite mining area.  It was built in 1893 and abandonded in 1932.

LTC 70 "Harleigh" was built by Brill Car Co in April 1915, #19657.

WBH 400 was built by Alco-General Electric in June 1912, #51031, 3815. In 1934 it became Ohio Public Service Co 80, and Toledo & Eastern  RR 80 in 1945.


Wilkes-Barre Rys.

We have a full page on this company.


Williamsport Passenger Ry.

60 was built by Brill Car Co in 1926.  It was purchased as Lehigh Valley Transit 960 in 1935.

61 was built by Brill Car Co in 1926.  It was purchased as LVT 961 in 1935.

62 was built by Brill Car Co in 1926.  It was purchased as LVT 962 in 1935.

63 was built by Brill Car Co in 1926.  It was purchased as LVT 963 in 1935.

64 was built by Brill Car Co in 1926.  It was purchased as LVT 964 in 1935.


York Railways

156.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

2/17/2017

Memorial of Saint Faustinus the Martyr

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

Great love can change small things into great ones, and it is only love which lends value to our actions.

--St. Faustina Kowalska