Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

  

Under Construction

Chicago & North Western

Electro-Motive F7 Locomotives

 

217 was built in December 1950, #13559, FN 6222-A1, as Chicago Great Western 116-A, Class D-7. It was rebuilt by Electro-Motive in May, 1955, and became C&NW 217 in July 1971. After the merger of the C&NW into the UP, it came home to Oelwein where it was restored as shown.

156 was built in June 1949, #7061, FN E1039-A4, as CGW 156, Class D-7.  It became C&NW 4103-A, in 1968 and renumbered 229 in 1971.  It was retired and traded in to Electro-Motive on December 1, 1975.

247 was built in June 1949, #7396, FN E1051-A8, as Missouri-Kansas-Texas 229-C.  It was renumbered 77-C in 1958 and traded in to Electro-Motive in 1969.  It was sold in 1970 to PECo and sold as C&NW 247 in December 1971.  It was retired on December 1, 1975, and traded in to Electro-Motive in 1975.

251 was built in June 1949, #7391, FN E1051-A3, as Missouri-Kansas-Texas 227A. It was renumbered 76A in 1958 and sold to Precision National in 1970. It was sold to C&NW on December 20, 1970, and became 251 in January 1972. It was retired on June 3, 1976, and resold to Precision National where it was scrapped.

309 was built in October 1949, #7914, FN E1122-B4, as CGW 107-D, Class D-7. It became C&NW 107-D in 1968 and renumbered 309 in August 1971. It was retired and traded in to Electro-Motive in June 1985. It was scrapped at St. Louis Auto Shredding.

315 was built in October 1950, #13543, FN 6204-B1, as CGW 112-D, Class D-7.  It became C&NW 112-D in 1968 and renumbered 315 in July 1971.  It was sold to St. Louis Car Co. on September 9, 1998.

321 was built in December 1950, #13562, FN 6222-B1, as CGW 116-D, Class D-7. It became C&NW 321 in August 1971, It was retired and traded in to Electro-Motive on February 11, 1975.

4068-A was built in March 1949, #6600, FN E1013-A3. It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 410 in December 1971. It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW. It was retired by Regional Transportation Authority (Metra) on May 2, 1983, and sold it to Rails Diversified Inc as 410 in March 1985. They sold it to Winchester & Western RR and they resold it to Maryland Midland RR as 100. It finally was sold to Short Line Enterprises as Fillmore & Western 100.

4069-C was built in March 1949, #6603, FN E1013-A6. It was rebuilt for suburban service in November 1960 and renumbered 219 in July 1971 and again renumbered 412 in December 1971. It was sold to Regional Transportation Authority (Metra) and assigned number 306 but never received the renumbering. It was leased back to C&NW and retired on March 11, 1983, but reinstated March 29, 1983.

4071-C was built in March 1949, #6607, FN E1013-A10. It was rebuilt for suburban service in July 1960 and renumbered 408 in December 1971. It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW. It was retired on May 4, 1983, and sold to Naporano Iron & Metal in January 1985.

4072-A was built in July 1949, #8548., FN E1188-A1 It was rebuilt for suburban service in September 1960 and renumbered 407 in December 1971. It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to the C&NW. It was retired on May 9, 1983, and was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal in January 1985. It was resold to Cedar Valley RR in May 1985 as 407 and later sold to Coe Rail as 407.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co in 2000 and sold to Norfolk Southern as SOU 407 in December 2012.

4073-A  was built in July 1949, #8550.  It was rebuilt for suburban service in March 1961 and renumbered 418 in February 1972.  It was leased to New Jersey Transit as 418 in 1983 and sold to United RR Historical Society of New Jersey in 1991.

4074-A was built in October 1949, #8552.  It was rebuilt for suburban service on July 18, 1961 and renumbered 424 in January 1972.  It was leased to NJT as 424 in 1983 and retired.  It was donated to URHS in 1991.

4074-C was built in October 1949, #8553, It was retired and traded in to Electro-Motive in February 1965.

4076-A was built in October 1949, #8556. It was rebuilt for suburban service in April 1961 and renumbered 423 in 1972. It was leased to NJT as 423 in 1983, It was sold officially on January 8, 1985.  It was sold as Wisconsin Great Northern RR 423 in 2001.

4077-A was built in October 1949, #8558. It was rebuilt for suburban service in June 1961 and renumbered 416 in January 1972. It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW. It was retired on May 4, 1983, and was sold to Naporano in January 1985. It was resold to Cedar Valley RR in May 1985 and later sold to Coe Rail as 416.  It was scrapped in October 2010.

4079-C was built in October 1949, #8563, FN E1188-A16. It was rebuilt for suburban service on April 20, 1961, and renumbered 422 in March 1972 and 403 in 1982.  It was sold as Canon City & Rio Grande RR 403 in 1998 and became Royal Gorge RR 403 in 2000.

4082-A was built in October 1949, #8568, FN E1188-A21.  It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 409 in December 1971.  It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW.  It was retired on May 2, 1983, and sold to St. Louis & Chain of Rocks RR as 409 in May 1985.  It was sold to Minnesota Zephyr Limited as MZL 788.

4082-C, was built in November 1949, #8569, FN  E1188-A22.  It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 411 in December 1971.  It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back  C&NW.  It was renumbered 306 and sold to Northeast Illinois Regional Commuter RR as 306. It was retired on September 18, 1983.  It was acquired by Illinois Railway Museum in 1983.  It was restored as C&NW 411 in September 2006.

4083-A was built in December 1949, #8570, FN E1188-A23. It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 413 in December 1971. It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW. It was retired on May 2, 1983, and sold to Naporano Iron & Metal in 1985. It was resold to Rails Diversified in March 1985 as 413. Then it was sold to W&W and then to MDMD as 101. It was later sold to SLE as F&W 101.

4083-C was built in December 1949, #8571, FN E1188-A30. It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 414 in December 1971. It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW. It was renumbered 308 and sold to Northeast Illinois Regional Commuter RR as 308. It was retired on September 18, 1983.  It was acquired by IRM in 1983.

4084-C was built in December 1949, #8573.  It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 415 in January 1972.  It was renumbered 400 in 1982 and retired on January 8, 1985.  It was sold to Kasten Railcar Services and sold as Pioneer Rail 40 in 2003.  It was scrapped in February 2012.

4086-A was built in December 1949, #8576. It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 406 in December 1971. It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and was leased back to C&NW. It was retired by RTA on May 2, 1983, and sold to St. Louis & Chain of Rocks RR as 406 in May 1985.  It later sold as Keokuk Junction Ry 406 and then Gettysburg RR 402.

4087-A was built in December 1949, #10150, FN E1188-A37. It was rebuilt for suburban service in February 1961 and renumbered 419 in February 1972. It was again renumbered 401 in 1982.

4087-C was built in December 1949, #10151. It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1961 and renumbered 420 in March 1972. It was leased to NJT as 420 in 1983 and then to Metro-North Commuter RR as 420 in 1991. It was officially retired from C&NW on April 1, 1986.

4100-A was built in April 1950, #10588. It was rebuilt for suburban service in July 1960 and renumbered 425 in 1972. It was leased to NJT as 425 in 1983 and returned in March 1985 when it was renumbered 400. 

6501-C was built in December 1949, #8581, as Chicago St Paul Minneapolis & Omaha 6501-C. It later became C&NW 6501-C in 1957. It was retired on October 15, 1958, and traded in to Electro-Motive January 1959.

6502-A was built in December, 1949, #8582, as CStPM&O 6502-A . It later became C&NW 6502-A in 1957. It was retired on January 3, 1959, and traded in to Electro-Motive.

6502-C was built in December 1949, #8583, as CStPM&O 6502-C. It later became C&NW 6502-C in 1957. It was retired on January 7, 1959, and traded in to Electro-Motive.

6504-A was built in April, 1950, #10560, as CStPM&O 6504-A. Later C&NW 6504-A in 1957. Retired on January 8, 1960, and traded in to Electro-Motive.

6505-C was built in April 1950, #10563, as CStPM&O 6505-C. Later C&NW 6505-C in 1957. Retired on January 8, 1960 and traded in to Electro-Motive.

 

Roster information: Erik Rasmussen

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

6/20/2015

Memorial of Blessed Baltasar de Torres Arias, martyred in Japan in 1626

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

If we but paused for a moment to consider attentively what takes place in this Sacrament of the Eucharist, I am sure that the thought of Christ's love for us would transform the coldness of our hearts into a fire of love and gratitude.

St. Angela of Foligno