Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

 

Under Construction

Columbus & Greenvile Ry.

The C&G RR was incorporated in 1894 and was operated under agreement by the Southern Ry as the Southern Ry of Mississippi. The C&G Ry was incorporated in 1923 to take over this line between the cities of its name, 167.7 miles.

216 was built by Rogers in December 1899, #5473, as Mobile & Ohio 179.  It was renumbered 216 and sold as CAGY 216.  It was scrapped in 1946,

404, Class W-3, was built by Baldwin in April 1906, #27936, as Atlantic Birmingham & Coast 1604. It was renumbered 69 and again renumbered 104. It later was sold to CAGY as 404 and scrapped in 1948.

405, Class W-3, was built by Baldwin in September 1907, #31686, as AB&C 1622.  It was renumbered 87 and renumbered 105.  It was sold to CAGY as 405 and scrapped in 1948.

.

41, 65DE-19A, was built by Whitcomb in May 1944, #60446, as United States Army 8440. It was sold to Butler Brothers by October 1946 and sold to CAGY as 41 in March 1948.  It was sold to Friedman's Iron and Metal and scrapped.

42, 65DE-19A, was built by Whitcomb in June 1944, #60465, as USA 8459.  It was sold to Butler Brothers by October 1946 and sold as CAGY 42 in March 1948.  It was sold to Frieman's Iron and Metal and scrapped.

501, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in June 10, 1940, #1076, FN E313-1. as Terminal RR Association of St Louis 501, Class D.  It was reclassified as Class E.6 and sold to Hyman-Michaels Co in May 1972.  It was sold as CAGY 501 and later sold for scrap to M D Friedman Co.

507, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1946, #3290, FN E668-2, as Illinois Central 9022.  It was renumbered 607 in October 1953 and sold as CAGY 507.  It was sold as Harvest States Cooperatives 507.

514, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1940, #1026, FN E303-1, as Buffalo Creek RR 42.  It was sold as Chicago South Shore & South Bend 601 and sold as CAGY 514.  It was sold as Babcock & Wilcox Co 514.

521, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive on June 6, 1939, #881, FN E247-2, as Wabash RR 102, Class D-6.  It was sold as Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern RR 2 in 1961 and assigned as Illinois Central Gulf 621 but sold as CAGY 521 in 1972.  It was retired in 1979.

522, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1939, #982, FN E246-A3, as IC 9015. It was renumbered 601 in October 1953 and later sold to CAGY as 522. It later was sold to Port Bienville RR as 522.

523, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1946, #3289, FN E668-1, as IC 9021.  It was renumbered 606 in October 1953 and sold as CAGY 523.  It was sold as Marshall Durbin Co 523.

525, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1941, #1398, FN E407-3, as Elgin Joliet & Eastern 240.  It was sold as Fernwood Columbus & Gulf 600 in June 1959 and became ICG 618 in August 1972.  It was sold as CAGY 525 in May 1976 and sold as Vulcan Materials Co 4545.

601, DRS6-4-1500, was built by Baldwin in September 1946, #72624.  It is now on display.

604, DRS6-4-1500, was built by Baldwin in December 1964, #72627.  It was scrapped in 1984.

605, DRS6-4-1500, was built by Baldwin in December 1964, #72628.  It was scrapped in 1984.

608 "The City of West Point", GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1952, #17345, FN 6416-2, as Florida East Coast 608.  It was sold as C&G 608.

619 "The City of Indianola", GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1952, #17356, FN 6416-13, as FEC 619.  It was sold as C&G 619.

1st 702, SD28, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1965, #30705, FN 7828-2.  It became Illinois Central Gulf 9451 in 1973 and wrecked on September 29, 1989.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co and scrapped.

2nd 702, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1955, #20586, FN 5400-2, as Cincinnati New Orleans & Texas Pacific 6246. It was sold to C&G as 702 in March 1983.

703, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1955, #20588, FN 5400-4, as CNO&TP 6248.  It was sold to C&G 703 in 1984 and later scrapped.

801, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1951, #13792, FN 3084-6, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe  254C, Class 200, an F7A.  It was renumbered 284L on August 20, 1951, and renumbered 254C on November 20, 1953.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in July 1977 as 2450, Class 2417, and retired in January 1984.  It was solt to General Electric in December 1984 and sol to National Railway Equipment co in May 1985.  It was sold as CAGY 801 and scrapped on April 16, 2009.

802, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1950, #9591,FN 3020-A16, as AT&SF 234L, Class 200, an F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2451,  Class 2417, on July 7, 1977.  It was traded in to General Electric in December 1984 and sold to National Railway Equipment in May 1985.  It was sold as CAGY 802 in July 1985 and sold as Mississippi Delta RR 802.

803, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1953, #18919, as AT&SF 273L, Class 200, a F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in March 1977, as 2465, Class 2417, and traded in to General Electric in December 1984.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co in May 1985 and sold to C&G as 803 in July 1985.  It was scrapped in 2009.

805, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1959, #21135, as AT&SF 285L, Class 281, a F9A. It was rebuilt at Cleburne in October 1977 as 2434, Class 2417, and retired in December 1984. It was sold to General Electric and then to National Railway Equipment Co. It was then sold to C&G as 805.  It was scrapped on April 16, 2009.

809, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1949, #8931, as AT&SF 222C, Class 200, an F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in November 1970 as 2644, Class 2417, and retired on June 26, 1987.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co in July 1987 and sold as C&G 809.  It was transferred as Chattooga & Chickamauga Ry 101 and sold as Redmont Ry 101.

810, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1956, #21133, FN 3191-A7, as AT&SF 284L,Class 281, an F9A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne on January 24, 1975, as 2482, Class 2417, and retired on June 26, 1987.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co in July 1987 and sold as C&G 810 in February 1988.  It was resold as CCKY 103 in 1994 and scrapped in 2013.

1000, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1952, #16891, as Chicago St Paul Minneapolis & Omaha 157.  It later became Chicago & North Western 157 and rebuilt at Oelwein on December 22, 1979, as 4469.  It was retired in 1992 and sold to Kramer Diesel Supply Co. It was sold as CAGY 1000 and scrapped on April 20, 2009.

1001, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1951, #14317. as Chicago & North Western 1550.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein on September 13, 1979. as 4477 and retired in 1992.  It was sold to Kramer Diesel Supply Co and resold as CAGY 1001.

3309, SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1973, #72641-9, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 29, Class 30ERS6.  It was renumbered Soo Line 6313 in 1985.  In July 1988 it was retired and later went to General Motors lease fleet as 6413.  It was sold as Georgia Southwestern RR 4000 in 2006 and sold as CAGY 3309 in 2010.

3310, SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1973, #72640-3, as CMStP&P 173, Class 30ERS6.  It was renumbered Soo Line 6346 in 1985.  In July 1988 it was retired and later went to General Motors lease fleet as 6346.  It was sold as GSWR 4001 in 2006 and sold as CAGY 3310 in 2010.

3312, SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1976, #756145-5, FN 756145-5, as  Missouri Pacific 3320.  It was renumbered 6004 in May 1978 and became Union Pacific 3904 on January 21, 1987.  It was retired on February 1, 1994 and sold as General American Transporation Corp 904.  It was sold as GSWR 904 and renumbered 4003 in 2006.  It became CAGY 3312 in 2010.

8718, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1956, #22134, as New York New Haven & Hartford 1224, Class DERS-4.  It became Penn Central 7554, Class ERS-17s, in 1969 and  became Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority 7554.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in 1979 as Illinois Central Gulf 8718 and sold as CAGY 8718.

3 "John H Hough Jr" was built as Chicago & North Western 3478.  It was transferred as Southern Pacific 2212 and became National Railway Passenger Corp 4466 (800161).  It was sold as CAGY 3.

M-76 was built by Brill in 1928, #22694.  It was demotorized in 1948 and sold to Columbus Scrap Material on March 1, 1962.

7004, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1949, #8304, as AT&SF 38C, Class 37, F7A.  It was renumbered 305C, Class 300, in April 1971 and was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2564, Class 2417, on July 12, 1974.  It was retired on June 26, 1987, and sold to National Railway Equipment Co in July 1987.  It was sold as MidSouth Rail 7004 in December 1987 and resold as C&G 7004 for parts.  It was scrapped on April 14, 2009.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

12/6/2016

Memorial of Saint Giuse Nguyen Duy Khang, martyred in Vietnam in 1861

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

To use this life well is the pathway through death to everlasting life.

St. John Almond