Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Mississippi Short Lines and Industrial Railroads

Batson & Hatton Lumber Co.

9.


Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern RR

250 was built by Baldwin in May 1926, #59239.  It was retired in October 1961 and sold as Wanamaker Kempton & Southern 250 in September 1963.  It was resold as Wolfeboro RR 250 in 1970 and when the line quit in 1985, it went to Hobo RR in 1987 but never used.  It then to Edaville RR where it is stored.

2, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive on June 6, 1939, #881, FN E247-2, as Wabash RR 102, Class D-6.  It was sold as B&HS 2 in 1961 and assigned as Illinois Central Gulf 621 but sold as Columbus & Greenville 521 in 1972.  It was retired in 1979.


C&R Lumber Co.

15 was built by Lima on May 25, 1918, #2977, as Oklahoma Portland Cement Co 2.  It was sold as Virgin Pine Lumber Co 2 in February 1920 and resold as C&RLCo 15 in July 1926.  It was sold as Goodyear Yellow Pine Co 2 in April 1931 and sold as Crosby Lumber & Manufacturing Co 15 on August 14, 1944.  It was renumbered 1 and sold as Pascagoula Veneer Co 1.  It was purchased by C W Witbeck in July 1966 and resold to Thomas Lawson Jr on November 13, 1970, as Dixie Midland Ry 8.  It was sold as Eureka Springs & North Arkansas Ry 8 in 1983 and sold as Lowville & Beaver River RR 8 in 1989.  It is owned by Railway History Society of Northern New York and is stored with boiler problems.


Columbus & Greenville

There is a full page on this regional railroad.


Corinth & Counce

This railroad ran from Corinth, MS, to Counce, TN. In 1983 it was taken over by TennRail, which was a subsidiary of MidSouth Rail. The entire operation is now a part of Kansas City Southern.

901, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1960, #26157, FN 4442-1.  It became TennRail Corp  901 in 1993 and Kansas City Southern 4301 in June 1996.  It was sold as Mississippi Export RR 4301.

902, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1961, #26773m FN 4446-1.

1005, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1981, #806062-1, FN 806062-1.  It later became TennRail  105 in 1993 and then KCS 4300 in June 1996.


Crosby Lumber & Manufacturing Co.

15 was built by Lima on May 25, 1918, #2977, as Oklahoma Portland Cement Co 2.  It was sold as Virgin Pine Lumber Co 2 in February 1920 and resold as C&R Lumber Co 15 in July 1926.  It was sold as Goodyear Yellow Pine Co 2 in April 1931 and sold as CL&MCo 15 on August 14, 1944.  It was renumbered 1 and sold as Pascagoula Veneer Co 1.  It was purchased by C W Witbeck in July 1966 and resold to Thomas Lawson Jr on November 13, 1970, as Dixie Midland Ry 8.  It was sold as Eureka Springs & North Arkansas Ry 8 in 1983 and sold as Lowville & Beaver River RR 8 in 1989.  It is owned by Railway History Society of Northern New York and is stored with boiler problems.


Crystal Springs Sand & Gravel Co.

307 was built by Alco-Cooke in November 1917, #58175, as Illinois Central 307.  It was sold as CSS&GCo 307 in June 1952.


Denkmann Lumber Co.

204 was built by Alco-Schenectady in September 1928, #67665.  It was sold as Natchez Columbia & Mobile RR 204 and became Louisiana & Arkansas 544.  It was scrapped at Pittsburg in February 1953.

 


Marshall Durbin Cos.

523, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1946, #3289, FN E668-1, as Illinois Central 9021.  It was renumbered 606 in October 1953 and sold as Columbus & Greenville 523.  It was sold as MDCo 523.


Ellisville Lumber Co.

1027 was built by Lima in March 1906, #1027.  It was sold as Kola Lumber Co 1027 in 1912 and sold Williams Lumber Co 1027 in 1920.  It was sold as Joseph Rathborne Lumber Co 1027 in May 1921.  It was stored in 1929 and re-opened as Louisiana Cypress Lumber Co 2 in 1936.  It was sold to Railway Historical Society of Milwaukee in July 1960 which became Mid-Continent Railway Museum in 1963.


Fernwood Columbia & Gulf RR

D6, 44 Ton, Class D, was built by General Electric in December 1941, #15029, as New York Ontario & Western 102, Class D.  It was sold as Mississippi Export RR 47 and resold as FC&G D6.  It was sold as Fort Dodge Des Moines & Southern 502 and sold to Industrial Railway Equipment Co (Andrew Merilee) in 1969.

600, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1941, #1398, FN E407-3, as Elgin Joliet & Eastern 240.  It was sold as FC&G  600 in June 1959 and became Illinois Central Gulf 618 in August 1972.  It was sold as Columbus & Greenville 525 in May 1976 and sold as Vulcan Materials Co 4545.

900, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1957, #23298, FN 4390-1.  It became ICG 900 in 1972 and sold as Hutchinson & Northern 6 in 1983.


Gilchrist-Fordney Co.

204 was built by Baldwin in March 1909, #33238.  It was transferred as Gilchrist Timber Co 204 in 1938 and became Klamath Northern Ry 204 in 1940.  It was scrapped in 1955.


Gloster Southern RR

This is a V&S short line.


Golden Triangle RR

This is a Weyerhauser logger.


Goodyear Yellow Pine Co.

2 was built by Lima on May 25, 1918, #2977, as Oklahoma Portland Cement Co 2.  It was sold as Virgin Pine Lumber Co 2 in February 1920 and resold as C&R Lumber Co 15 in July 1926.  It was sold as GYPCo 2 in April 1931 and sold as Crosby Lumber & Manufacturing Co 15 on August 14, 1944.  It was renumbered 1 and sold as Pascagoula Veneer Co 1.  It was purchased by C W Witbeck in July 1966 and resold to Thomas Lawson Jr on November 13, 1970, as Dixie Midland Ry 8.  It was sold as Eureka Springs & North Arkansas Ry 8 in 1983 and sold as Lowville & Beaver River RR 8 in 1989.  It is owned by Railway History Society of Northern New York and is stored with boiler problems.


Great River RR

2, S2, was built by Alco in August 1943, #70080, as United States Army 7111.  It was rebuilt by Johnson Railway Service in December 1978 as National Aeronautics & Space Administration 2.  It was sold as Great River RR 2 in 1988.

8341, S1, was built by Alco in May 1941, 69486, as Wolf Creek Ordnance 1.  It was assigned as Proctor & Gamble Defense Corp 500 and then USA 7141.  It was transferred to Defense Logistic Agency as DSA 41002.  It was sold as GTR 8341 in 1980.


Grenada Ry.

It is located in Mississippi and is approximately 187 miles long. It runs from Southaven to Canton, MS with a depot located in Grenada. A spur also runs to Bruce Junction.  It was transferred to Iowa Pacific

242, B30-7A, was built in January 1982, #43593, as Missouri Pacific 4842.  It became Union Pacific 242 on October 31, 1989, and retired on December 26, 2001.  It was sold to BDL Co as BDLX 242 and sold as GRYR 242.  It was transferred as Natchez Ry 242.

1828, RS18u, was built by Montreal in July 1958, #82474, as Canadian Pacific 8793, Class DRS-18b. It was rebuilt February 1985 as 1828, Class DRS-18.  It was sold as Ottawa Central RR 1828 in December 1998 and sold as GRYR 1828 in 2009.  It was sold as Durbin & Greenbrier Valley RR 1828 in November 2012.

1865, RS18u, was built by Montreal in May 1957, #81618, as CP 8743, Class DRS-18a.  It was rebuilt in April 1989 as 1865, Class DRS-18.  It was sold as OCRR 1865 in December 1998 and sold as GRYR 1865 in 2009.  It was transferred as Societe du Chemin de fer de la Gaspesie 1865 in November 2012.

2651, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1967, #33715, FN 7060-85, as Chesapeake & Ohio 3884, Class GP-38.  It was later 2084 and then became CSX Transportation 2084, Class GP-38.  It was sold to General American Transportation Co as GMTX 2651 and leased as GRYR 2651 in October 2012.  It was returned as GMTX 2651 in 2016.

2655, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1967, #33322, FN 7060-5, as Baltimore & Ohio 3804, Class GP-38.  It was later 2004 and then became CSX 2004, Class GP-38.  It was renumbered 9663, Class MOW, on March 18, 1997, and sold to Locomotive Leasing Partner as LLPX 2051 in May 31, 2000.  It was sold as GMTX 2655 and sold as GRYR 2655 in October 2012.  It was returned as GMTX 2655 in 2016.

4066, Class B30-7A, was built in October 1983, #44424, as Burlington Northern 4066, Class B30-7A.  It was sold as V&SRy 4066 and transferred to Grenada Ry as GRYR 4066.  It was transferred as Natchez Ry 4066.

 


Gulf & Ship Island RR

10 was built by Baldwin in July 1904, #24432.  It was sold in March 1928.


Jonesboro Lake City & Eastern RR

This line was an Arkansas short line.


Kola Lumber Co.

2 was built by Lima in March 1906, #1027, as Ellisville Lumber Co 1027.  It was sold as KLCo 1027 in 1912 and sold Williams Lumber Co 1027 in 1920.  It was sold as Joseph Rathborne Lumber Co 1027 in May 1921.  It was stored in 1929 and re-opened as Louisiana Cypress Lumber Co 2 in 1936.  It was sold to Railway Historical Society of Milwaukee in July 1960 which became Mid-Continent Railway Museum in 1963.


Luxapalila Valley RR

2880, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1966, #31782, FN 7895-1, as Norfolk Southern Ry 2001.  It was acquired by Southern Ry and rebuilt as Carolina & Northwestern 2880 in 1974. It was sold as LXGR 2880 in 1996.

2884, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1967, #32491, FN 7937-1, as NSRy 2005.  It was acquired by Southern and rebuilt as CRN 2884 in 1974.  It was sold as LXGR 2884 in 1996.

2885, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1967, #32492, FN 7937-2, as NSRy 2006.  It was acquired by Southern and rebuilt as CRN 2885 in 1974. It was sold as LXVR 2885 in 1996 and rebuilt as Bay Line RR 2060 in May 2013.


Meridian & Bigbee River RR

Meridian & Bigbee RR

This is now a Genesse & Wyoming line.


Meridian Southern RR

1011, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1955, #20155, FN 5378-9, FN , as Illinois Central 9076.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in May 1972 as ICG 8076 and later sold to MidSouth Rail as 8076.  It was renumbered 1011 and sold as MS 1011 in March 2000.

1080. GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1957, #22289, FN 5480-17, as IC 9224.  It was rebuilt by Paducah in June 1970 as IC 8224 and later sold to MSR as 8224.  It was renumbered 1080.  It later was sold to MS as 1080 in March 2000 and was wrecked in 2008.

4039, B23-7, was built by General Electric in May 1978, #41939, as Consolidated Railroad Corp 1932, Class B23-7.  It was sold as Norfolk Southern PRR 4039, Class B23-7, in 1999 and sold as MS 4039.


Mississippian Ry.

76 was built by Baldwin in December 1920, #54265, as Jonesboro Lake City & Eastern 40.  It was leased as St Louis-San Francisco 76 in January 1925 and sold as MISS 76 in February 1947.  It was sold as Penn View Mountain Ry 76 in September 1967 and transferred as Gettysburg RR 76 in July 1976.  It was sold to Ohio Central RR in 1999 and resold to Steam Railroad Institute in June 2005.

102, GP7. was built by Electro-Motive in July 1952, #16867, FN 5123-23, as Chicago & North Western 1598. It was rebuilt at Oelwein November 26, 1980, as 4293 and sold to OmniTrax in October 1993.  It was sold as South Orient RR 102 and resold as MISS 102.

261, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1952, #15595, FN 4105-2, as St Louis-San Francisco 306.  It became Burlington Northern 261, Class SW-9, in December 1980 and retired in June 1986.  It was sold as MISS 261 in November 1986.

314, S1, was built by Alco in September 1947, #75355, as Erie RR 314, Class SA-8B.  It became Erie Lackawanna 314, Class SA-6, in 1960 and sold as MISS 314 in 1967.


Mississippi & Alabama RR

This  line ran over the state line from Alabama


Mississippi & Tennessee Rail Net

9004, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1958, #23860, FN 5553-61, as Illinois Central  9360.  It was sold as MidSouth Rail 9360 in April 1986 and renumbered 9004 in 1987.  It was sold as MTNR 9004 in 1996 and later sold as Tishomingo RR 221.  It was sold to Indiana Box Car Co as IBCX 221.

9005, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1958, #23868, FN 5553-69, as IC 9368.  It was sold as MSR 9368 in April 1986 and renumbered 9005 in 1987.  It was sold as MTRN 9005 in 1996 and later sold as TISH 222.


Mississippi Central RR

The old version of the fallen flag.


Mississippi Central RR

The new version is a Pioneer road.


Mississippi Delta RR

802, CF7 was built by Electro-Motive in April 1950, #9591, FN 3020-A15, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 234L, Class 200, an F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2451, Class 2417,, on July 7, 1977.  It was traded in to General Electric in December 1984 and sold to National Railway Equipment in May 1985.  It was sold as Columbus & Greenville RR 802 in July 1985 and sold as MSDR 802.

6226, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1957, #23385, FN 5542-18, as Chesapeake & Ohio 6226, Class MRSE-17.  It became Class GP-9 in 1965 and sold as Wiregrass Central RR 6226 and transferred as Gulf & Ohio RR 6226.  It was sold as MSDR 6226.


Mississippi Eastern Ry.

303 was built by Baldwin in May 1916, #43334.  It was sold to Birmingham Rail & Equipment Co in May 1934 and resold as Lancaster & Chester Ry 32 in May 1934.  It was sold as Hampton & Branchville RR 32 in 1946 and sold to Leveran & Sons Scrap in 1958.  It was sold to Byron Andrews as York Southern 1 in 1963 and sold to Richard Jensen in 1970.  It was sold to William Latham in July 1986 and is displayed as H&B 38 at Monticello, IL.

 


Mississippi Export RR

47, 44 Ton, Class D, was built by General Electric in December 1941, #15029, as New York Ontario & Western 102, Class D.  It was sold as MSE 47 and resold as Fernwood Columbia & Gulf D6.  It was sold as Fort Dodge Des Moines & Southern 502 and sold to Industrial Railway Equipment Co (Andrew Merilee) in 1969.

50, 70 Ton, built was built by General Electric in February 1953, #31724.  It was sold as St Johnsbury & Lamoille County 54.

60, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1957, #23985, FN 5557-1.  It was rebuilt in December 1973. 

62, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive on September 16, 1948, #5761, FN E946-5, as Detroit Toledo & Ironton 914.  It was sold as MSE as 62 in September 1961 and sold to George R Silcott in March 1966.  It was sold as Marinette Tomahawk & Western 62 and resold as Nicolet Badger Northern 62.

64, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1973, #73604-1, FN 73604-1.

65, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1975, #75645-1.

66, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1979, #786213-1, FN 786213-1.

95, GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1966, #32364, FN 7929-14, by Atlantic Coast Line 929.  It was merged as Seaboard Coast Line 1514 in July 1967 and then Seaboard System RR 6671.  It then became CSX Transportation 6671, Class GP-40, and later sold as MSE 95.

4301, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1960, #26157, as Corinth & Counce 901.  It became TennRail Corp 901 in 1993 and Kansas City Southern 4301 in June 1996.   It was sold as Mississippi Export RR 4301.


Mississippi Railcar

1, 25 Ton, was built by General Elecrtric.

2, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric.


Natchez Columbia & Mobile RR

204 was built by Alco-Schenectady in September 1928, #67665, as Denkmann Lumber Co 204.  It was sold as NC&M 204 and became Louisiana & Arkansas 544.  It was scrapped at Pittsburg in February 1953.

 


Natchez Trace Ry.

This was a Kyle railroad. 


Pascagoula Veneer Co.

1 was built by Lima on May 25, 1918, #2977, as Oklahoma Portland Cement Co 2.  It was sold as Virgin Pine Lumber Co 2 in February 1920 and resold as C&R Lumber Co 15 in July 1926.  It was sold as Goodyear Yellow Pine Co 2 in April 1931 and sold as Crosby Lumber & Manufacturing Co 15 on August 14, 1944.  It was renumbered 1 and sold as PVCo 1.  It was purchased by C W Witbeck in July 1966 and resold to Thomas Lawson Jr on November 13, 1970, as Dixie Midland Ry 8.  It was sold as Eureka Springs & North Arkansas Ry 8 in 1983 and sold as Lowville & Beaver River RR 8 in 1989.  It is owned by Railway History Society of Northern New York and is stored with boiler problems.


Port Bienville RR

0, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric.

522, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1939, #982, as Illinois Central 9015. It was renumbered 601 in October 1953 and later sold to Columbus & Greenville as 522. It later was sold to PBRR as 522.


Redmont Ry.

101, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1949, #8931, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 222C, Class 200, an F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in November 1970 as 2644, Class 2417, and retired on June 26, 1987.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co in July 1987 and sold as Columbus & Greenville Ry 809.  It was transferred as Chattooga & Chickamauga Ry 101 and sold as RRC 101.


TennRail Corp.

105, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1981, #806062-1, as Corinth & Counce 1005.  It later became TennRail 105 in 1993 and then Kansas City Southern 4300 in June 1996.

901, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1960, #26157, as C&C 901.  It became TennRail  901 in 1993 and KCS 4301 in June 1996.   It was sold as Mississippi Export RR 4301.


Tishomingo RR

211, RS32, was built by Alco in March 1962, #84027, as Southern Pacific 7302, Class DF-618.  It was renumbered 4002, Class AS420-1, in 1966 and retired in May 1977.  It was sold as Chrome Crankshaft Co 4002 in September 1978 and sold as East Tennessee & Western North Carolina 211 in August 1980.  It became East Tennessee Ry 211 in 1984 and sold as Delaware Valley Ry 211.  It then was sold as  TISH 211 and then in October 2004 as Delaware-Lackawanna RR 211.

221, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1958, #23860, FN 5553-61, as Illinois Central  9360.  It was sold as MidSouth Rail 9360 in April 1986 and renumbered 9004 in 1987.  It was sold as Mississippi & Tennessee Rail Net 9004 in 1996 and later sold as TISH 221.  It was sold to Indiana Box Car Co as IBCX 221.

222, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1958, #23868, FN 5553-69, as IC 9368.  It was sold as MSR 9368 in April 1986 and renumbered 9005 in 1987.  It was sold as MTRN 9005 in 1996 and later sold as TISH 222.


Traxler Gravel Co.

272 was built by Alco-Schenectady in May 1915, #55038, as Illinois Central 272.  It was sold as TGCo 272 in January 1959,


Virgin Pine Lumber Co.

2 was built by Lima on May 25, 1918, #2977, as Oklahoma Portland Cement Co 2.  It was sold as VPLCo 2 in February 1920 and resold as C&R Lumber Co 15 in July 1926.  It was sold as Goodyear Yellow Pine Co 2 in April 1931 and sold as Crosby Lumber & Manufacturing Co 15 on August 14, 1944.  It was renumbered 1 and sold as Pascagoula Veneer Co 1.  It was purchased by C W Witbeck in July 1966 and resold to Thomas Lawson Jr on November 13, 1970, as Dixie Midland Ry 8.  It was sold as Eureka Springs & North Arkansas Ry 8 in 1983 and sold as Lowville & Beaver River RR 8 in 1989.  It is owned by Railway History Society of Northern New York and is stored with boiler problems.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

6/12/2017

Memorial of Saint Chrodobald of Marchiennes

<><

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

Viva Cristo Rey! --- Long live Christ the King!

Blessed Miguel Pro