Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We are free of advertising on
this site but there are costs in internet services. If you enjoy this
site, we do need support. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept
Don's Rail Photos
Cadillac & Lake City Ry.
This company began as a tourist railroad in 1963 operating on former Pennsylvania RR branch out of Cadillac, MI, to Missaukee Park (Lake City). It was abandoned on August 16, 1984.
They also took over operation of the former Rock Island line in Colorado between Colorado Springs and Limon. This operation ended in 1989.
2 was built by Baldwin in December 1912, #38967, for logging service in the state of Washington for the Saginaw Timber Company. Her 44-inch diameter drivers produce great pulling power and flangeless center drivers allow for operation on tight curves found on logging railroads. 2 is an oil-burner, a preferred fuel for logging engines to eliminate hot cinders that could pose a fire hazard. 2 served several lumber companies. Northwest Lumber Co., 1914-1929; Polson Brothers Lumber Co., 1929-1948; Rayonier, 1948-1962) before going to the CLK 1962. In June 1973 it went to the Kettle Moraine RR as 2 and then went to Mid-Continent Railway Museum in 1982. 2 was then restored to her 1912 as-built appearance with newly fabricated box headlights and tender toolboxes (she still uses her original tender). In 1999, 2 was repainted and subsequently relettered to represent her career for Polson Brothers from 1928 to 1948. As of August 2000, 2 is out service, receiving heavy boiler repairs to bring her to compliance with new Part 230 FRA (Federal Railroad Administration) regulations required in 2001.
44, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in January 1943, #15764, as U S Army 7439. It later became Department of Transportation 002 and then to CLK as 44. It was sold to Evans Railcar Co as 44.
48, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1949, #7755, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 206C, Class 200, an F7A. It was rebuilt at Cleburne on December 16, 1974, as 2489, Class 2417,. In December 1985 it was retired. It was sold to Railroad Inc and then to CLK as 48 in March 1986. It was later sold to Mountain Diesel Inc and then to Louisiana Delta RR as 1504 in July 1990.
50, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1949, #8934, as AT&SF 224L, Class 200, and F7A. It was rebuilt at Cleburne on August 5, 1974, as 2509, Class 2417. In December 1985 it was retired. It was sold to Railroad Inc and then to CLK as 50 in March 1986. It was later sold to the Florida Northern as 50.
82, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1947, #4746, as Southern Ry 2010. It was renumbered 1013 in December 1972 and sold to Wabash Valley RR as 1802 in 1978. Later it was sold to Mid-America Car Co and then leased to CLK as 82. It was later returned to Mid-America Car as 82.
716, F7A, Class F-7, was built in January 1953, #17916, as Spokane Portland & Seattle 804. It became Burlington Northern 9756, Class P-7, in 1970. It was later renumbered 972553L and back to 9756. It was then renumbered 716 and retired in February 1981. It was sold to CLK as 716 in 1981 and later sold to Colorado & Eastern RR as 716 in 1984. It was later sold to Minnesota Zephyr Limited as 787 in 1985.
732, F7A, was built in May 1951, #14254, FN 3092-A3, as NP 6014A. It became BN 732, Class F-7, in 1970 and sold as CLK 732 in February 1982. It was sold as COE 732 and sold for scrap to Pielet Brothers in January 1991.
994, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1954, #19568, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 2405, Class 17.5-RS. It was renumbered 216 in 1959 and rebuilt at West Milwaukee in September 1969 as 994, Class 20E-RS. In March 1983 it was sold to Mid American Car and then to CLK as 994. It was returned to Mid American and rebuilt as Habco Loram Corp 994. It was renumbered 6871 and became Mid-Am Equipment Co JCLX 2100.
B71, 70 Ton, was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in June 1930, #61401, as American Rolling Mills Co (Armco) B71. It was rebuilt in 1947 and was sold to CLK in 1967. In 1985 it went to Minnesota Transportation Museum where it is awaiting restoration.
"Emerald Lake", lunch counter. was built by American Car & Foundry in 1949, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 1554. It was sold as CLK "Emerald Lake" in 1969 and resold as Algoma Central 504 in 1972. It was sold for Age of Steam Railroad Museum 504 in 2005.
WebWork by rinity
Memorial of Blessed Clara Isabella Fornari
May the Holy Spirit enkindle you with the fire of His Love so that you may persevere, unfailingly, in the love of His service. Thus you may merit to become, at last, a living stone in the celestial Jerusalem.
--St. Hildegard von Bingen